Convertible Dress

2»

Re: Convertible Dress

• britlynn8 said:
    Thank you so much!
    You're welcome!
  • dessy.com

First search when I googled it.

This is the same when people post on FB asking about the upcoming weather.... JUST LOOK IT UP!

Anniversary
  • bubblegum1309:  In my original post I wrote, "I know that Dessy carries a line of convertible dresses but none of the colors fit what I would want."
  • I cant believe I am helping someone who cant figure out google....

http://twobirdsbridesmaid.com/collection/

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have to restrain myself from sending that link ALL THE TIME.
  • britlynn8 said:
    bubblegum1309:  In my original post I wrote, "I know that Dessy carries a line of convertible dresses but none of the colors fit what I would want."
    Yes - and if you want Henkaa - their site (that you linked) specifically shows their retail location in Ontario. It's either that - or order them on-line. If you want to see your specific dress in person - another dress designer would be a nice option for people to suggest. Much nicer than telling you you just have to drive to Ontario...
  • britlynn8 said:

For those of you who felt the need to put in your two cents regarding a question that was not even asked, thanks for not helping at all.  I did not ask for anyone's opinion on the convertible dress. I have one and have worn it to 4 different weddings.  I know what they look like and how they fit and how to tie them.  I asked for a location that sells them, not for you to bash my choice.  And as far as asking for my girls to buy their dresses, that was also never stated.  I said "I am in the process of looking" not "I want them to buy the dresses tomorrow" so you all need to relax.  My choice of bridesmaid would not change regardless of how far we are from the wedding date so for anyone to say that I "shouldn't" be doing this or that is completely out of line.  It is none of your business!  That is not what I asked so therefore you should not be putting your nose into that situation.  I had no intention of asking my girls to buy their dresses now...I just wanted to take them and look.  So thanks for nothing all of you.

Wow, you are incredibly rude!!!

• britlynn8 said:

bubblegum1309:  In my original post I wrote, "I know that Dessy carries a line of convertible dresses but none of the colors fit what I would want."

How does Dessy, with their 5 million Pantone colors, not have the color you want?!

Plus I think they do custom colors on dresses too. . .

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Maybe it's just me, but there's no way in hell I'd pay almost 300 dollars for the twobirds dresses. And the Dessy ones are bad enough at $140-180. They're fabric. For that amount of $$ I'd want a dress and if a bride told me that was the bridesmaid dress, I'd tell her as much and drop out.

At least these are less ridiculously expensive, though I could probably still buy a few yards of jersey and make my own for less money.
  • My bridesmaids have "kind of" convertible dresses in that they are chiffon strapless dresses (fitted with boning to hold everything in) with a hanging piece at the front and back that can be used to slightly alter the appearance of the dress (ie. one shoulder plait strap, belt, etc). The brand is Love Affair. My girls are all different shapes and it looks great on all of them.
  • I'm pretty sure that Ritche Bridal on Avenue Rd. carries samples of convertibel dresses for you to try.

Oh, wait... You don't live where I live so my answer is useless to you? At least I "answered the question."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • abbyj700 said:
    britlynn8 said:
    Yes - and if you want Henkaa - their site (that you linked) specifically shows their retail location in Ontario. It's either that - or order them on-line. If you want to see your specific dress in person - another dress designer would be a nice option for people to suggest. Much nicer than telling you you just have to drive to Ontario...
    I live in Ontario. I've seen these dresses at Bridal shows. They look the exact same as the Dessy ones will when they're on. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    britlynn8 said:
    My maids are not friends...they are all family members, either my own family or my FH's so there's really no issue with friendships changing.  And I stand by what I said earlier.  I asked if anyone knows of a place that sells the convertible dresses...period. I didn't ask for opinions on the convertible dress.  I wanted to see them on my girls now so that if they are unflattering (as you all suggest) I have enough time to look for other stuff.  Also, they are very forgiving in the stomach area so if someone were to get pregnant, gain weight, etc, it would work well.  So for future reference, its really frustrating when you ask a question and get 17 responses that are completely unrelated to the question you asked.  All of my maids are relatively fit and around the same size so they may work for them.  Just because they don't work for you or haven't worked for someone you know doesn't mean that they won't work for me and my maids.  
    Sorry, but when you post on an Internet board, you're going to get advice whether you asked for it or not, and responding with "I didn't ask you" makes you sound extremely juvenile and immature as well as out-of-touch with the real world of the Internet, not to mention rude.

This is an international board, so most posters here don't live near you or know about locally available resources.  And even if we did, if we don't think something is a good idea, we're not going to give you advice on how to make it work. That's why you didn't get answers about where to find such dresses. Maybe you should ask your "maids" for advice from now on, if you're going to pout when perfect strangers give it to you.
  • Could you include a link to their site?  Thanks for the answer!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards