August 2014 Weddings

August 2nd??

I haven't seen any date twins yet! Anyone getting married August 2nd, 2014??

Re: August 2nd??

• I am!!! if you have a facebook, we all have a facebook group page for August 2014 brides, we have several date twins on there!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay date twins!! 
  • We just set the date and confirmed the reception hall. August 2nd here too! Congrats to all of you!
  • Same here! Just confirmed the reception hall today :)
    Anniversary
  • Provided we can get our venue, yup!
  • I'm an 08/02 bride!!  As of today 1/12  202 to go ... and man oh man do I have to get things going!  
  • If any of you are as nerdy as my FI and I, you'll be amused to note (if you haven't already!) that the date can be slightly rearranged to show 8/2/1=4.
  • Woo for August 2! Anyone else worried about the weather? We're doing it outdoors and I'm worried it's going to be hot.
  • Depends on which part of the country you're getting married. I would love, love, love an outdoor wedding but, that is practically unheard of here this time of year. We live down south so I wouldn't be too surprised to catch an afternoon thunderstorm that turns a hot day into a very hot and muggy afternoon. But, that't the downside to the deep south. On a side note, last summer was very mild and we usually stayed in the 90's during the hottest part of the day. In the mornings and evenings, I think we were able to enjoy temperatures in the the mid 80's.

• Same here- We're just in from the coast in VA and the weather pretty much doesn't decide what it's going to do until it does it...All of my stuff with the exception of some photos is inside so I'm not too fussed 
  • I'm in Cleveland, so although we get cold winters with feet of snow (-40 windchill two weeks ago!), we also get fairly hot summers. Mid-80s is typical for early August, but the only outdoor thing we're doing is photos. Which makes me think...does anyone know if sunscreen can stain a wedding dress?
    Anniversary
  • yayyyy me tooo!!! anyone from socal??
  • I don't know if sunscreen stains, but I DO know that sunscreen adds a very weird white cast to your skin in flash photography so do your outdoor photos after the indoor ones.
  • I'm in Cleveland, so although we get cold winters with feet of snow (-40 windchill two weeks ago!), we also get fairly hot summers. Mid-80s is typical for early August, but the only outdoor thing we're doing is photos. Which makes me think...does anyone know if sunscreen can stain a wedding dress?
    I use to live in the Ohio area between Akron & Cleveland!  I don't miss the humid hot summers.  Out here in Colorado now.   I may not use the sunscreen but instead maybe have a big shade umbrella around for the in between picture time so you don't get pink from the sun.  
  • I am 8/2/14 as well!!  I'm out here in Colorado so I should hopefully be good with the weather.  Were just outside for the ceremony and inside for reception.  Of course inside is a back up plan in the event mother nature has other plans for us that day.  

• We just decided 8/2/14. We live in Maryland, and we are doing an outside/inside ceremony and reception at an over look. We are thinking a afternoon ceremony.

• So I'm definitely behind but Save the Dates are out now!! WOOHOO!!
  • I feel very behind too! and 5 1/2 more months! I still need flowers, centerpieces, favors, flower girl dresses, shoes, jewelry, invitations, pick food for caterer ugh and the list goes on
  • I'm 8/2 as well and just as behind.  This weekend hopefully I can get a bunch of stuff accomplished!  Like I keep telling myself .. don't worry it will get done! 

• 5 more months!
  • Is anyone else just really ready for it to be here? I have a good amount done but I'm about to get into the stuff that I hired a planner for....the details. 

I knew from the get go that choosing a venue, etc wouldn't stress me out near as much as the little details and making sure they all fit together. I have no idea why but trying to get it all cohesive without looking too matchy is getting to me! I have an awesome planner and I know she'll make it a gorgeous day but I can't help but be a little ready to be married and on a beach in St Lucia!
  • 8/2/14 for us. actually its going to be  a first wedding/vow renewal/5year anniversary :) yay for date twins
  • Oh and I'm were in Texas too :)
  • Three months ladies!! How is the planning coming along? I'm documenting mine for the sake of my own sanity:

I did everything I said I would do last month except order the invitations, but I might do that today. I had been waiting on my reception venue to get the one dish I wanted on their sample menu, and they FINALLY have it after months of calling. If my fiance and I like it (we've liked everything else we've tried so far), the invites are as good as done :)

We're also shopping for wedding bands today. I'm also talking with a photobooth company for my reception and meeting with our organist again sometime next week.

What about the rest of you?
    Anniversary
  • TWO MONTHS!!! Anyone else feeling impatient?? What do you have left to do?
  • I am!! 6 weeks!! Getting close. Me and my fiancé have been together for 9 years so the next 6 weeks are going to fly!! Can't wait to marry my best friend!
  • ONE MONTH LADIES!!!!
  • Time is going to fly by now!!!! So Excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards