Destination Weddings Discussions

Save the Dates for Reception?

So we have officially decided that we are doing a wedding reception after we get back from Jamaica. We are getting married May 15, 2015 and are looking to plan/book a reception for May 30, 2015. I have already found my reception invitations which will read as follows

Jessica and Joshua will be married on May 15 in Jamaica.

Please join us for a wedding reception when we return from our romantic destination.

Saturday May 30th, 2015.                                               ADDRESS

AT -:--PM            

I am wondering if I should be sending save the date cards as everyone will know we are having a destination wedding by ourselves and just a reception home. We are planning for it to be somewhat formal/ possibly a dinner party. I know that I would like to choose a place that we can have at least 4-5 hours so that people traveling are not coming out just for an hour of our time.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Save the Dates for Reception?

• msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2014
    Since you are getting married in a private ceremony, I'd certainly put that in there, so it doesn't come across as "We had a wedding but you weren't invited. Come to our party anyway!"

Save the dates would be fine, but you want to make sure you have a venue booked and a location first. Plus, there's no reason to send it more than a year in advance.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards