Not Engaged Yet

KUI

laceybirdlaceybird member
First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited February 2014 in Not Engaged Yet
Afternoon, everyone!

So, I went to the dentist yesterday evening after work to get a toothache checked out. They referred me to an Endodontist to have an evaluation to have a root canal. So, I get there this morning, expecting him to just look things over and set up an appointment at a later date...

Nope!

Hello tongue the size of a watermelon! The entire procedure took about 45 minutes... just enough time for me to get out and take FI's truck to get his tires aligned. I know that the lady behind the counter probably wondered why in the world I was talking like I had a mouthful of marbles, lol.

So, I'm on Hydrocodon and an antibiotic for the next week or so. And from my experience with Hydrocodon, I'm going to be out of my freakin' gourd for the rest of today and probably tomorrow, depending on how much it's hurting me.

But for now, I'll be Knotting Under the Influence of a Controlled Substance.

Hi.

Anniversary

Re: KUI

• Oh lordy. That happened to me once. I came back to work after a dentist appointment and my boss was like, "Matt is out of the office today so here's a list of his clients for you to call." So I did, and I sounded totally ridiculous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Oh no! I hope you feel better later.  I had knee surgery 10 years ago and hey gave me some pretty strong stuff.  I don't remember the day or two after the surgery quite honestly. 

Anniversary

• Oh my god.  I would have a full out panic attack, lol.  I do NOT do well with unplanned medical procedures (let's not lie - I don't do well with planned ones either, but occasionally I can use my amazing anxiety strategies to chill the crap out.)

I hope you're feeling better soon!!  At least in theory your tooth shouldn't be hurting after a bit!

I am under the influence of jello.  It was delicious.  I have creme brulee in the fridge - that will be better haha.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • I just had my first meal of the day.

Mashed potatoes, green beans, and macaroni & cheese.

Doc said I'll probably be on mushy foods for today and tomorrow, and to go easy after that until the throbbing hurts. Which is okay with me. I had my wisdom teeth out when I was 17 and was on a soft food diet for nearly two weeks. If I can live through THAT, I think this will be a piece of cake.

Mmmm, cake. That's soft! :D

Anniversary
  • All the cake for you! I hope you feel better soon.
  • I made some caramel creme brulee tonight...that's soft!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Ohhhh THAT'S what KUI stands for!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Cheese is soft too! And mashed potatoes

I am not helpful.
  • I just wrote the worst python code EVER and submitted it as my homework assignment. I'm going to go home, make mashed potatoes, and drink huckleberry vodka straight from the bottle.
    Anniversary
  • @phira I have no idea what python is.  I feel like I'm failing, as I did take a biochem/biophysics computer modeling course AND a C programming course throughout my very short-lived programming career lol.

The worst thing was that I had to use the school's servers to run my programs because they were so big my computer couldn't handle them.  I consider that a fail, guys.
  • I made some caramel creme brulee tonight...that's soft!

oh wow that sounds so yummy!

Anniversary

• @blue It's another language apparently named after Monty Python. It's not hard to code in, but it's hard to code in when people CAN'T TEACH. ARGGG.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards