Snarky Brides
Options

My FI is a picky princess

When we first got engaged, my FI and I looked at wedding bands for him (mine came with the e-ring).  He said they were all "too fancy".

We looked again later. They were all too boring.

We looked again. Too fancy, too plain, too many different colors, not enough contrast.

I think we have looked at over 1000 rings and he still hasn't found one he likes! Lord help me, I hope he doesn't get like this about suits and tuxes.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
eyeroll

Re: My FI is a picky princess

• Options
    Lol.

Can he look online and at least get ideas of "I like this type if style"? Treat it like dress shopping: have him point out characteristics that he likes and ones he doesn't.
  • Options
    We did manage to narrow it down online to a style (he likes the single metals with a band of contrasting texture), but Goldilocks won't decide until it's just right.

I know he has to wear it for the rest of forever, but I am really surprised. He's usually so easygoing about everything that I am stumped about this one!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Lol it's funny, I'm way more picky than FI about HIS ring. He tends to like quite a few, and I can definitely pick out which ones he will like (I know his style pretty well) but then when he puts them on none of them look quite right. This is probably because he has really skinny fingers and the display rings look huge and ridiculous on him. I figure it's also got to be really hard for a guy who has never worn rings in his life to find one he never wants to take off.
  • Options
    This would drive me absolutely crazy.
  • Options
    I can't say I blame him. He's going to be wearing it for the rest of his life. Then again, it took FH and I a long time to find my engagement ring until we found one that felt right. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    lol men....I would make mine find one online so we could just order it. I hate shopping with my FI because he is extremely picky so I know that wedding band shopping is probably going to be similar to your experience. 
  • Options
    PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    Inkdancer said:
    When we first got engaged, my FI and I looked at wedding bands for him (mine came with the e-ring).  He said they were all "too fancy".

We looked again later. They were all too boring.

We looked again. Too fancy, too plain, too many different colors, not enough contrast.

I think we have looked at over 1000 rings and he still hasn't found one he likes! Lord help me, I hope he doesn't get like this about suits and tuxes.
    I feel like the internet was made for picky princesses to figure out what they want...lol! At least that way you would not have to trudge over hell and high water just to find his ring.

Luckily my FI (although picky) knows exactly what he wants. So for us it is just finding the right price.
  • Options

hahhaha that's hilarious.

My FI is a greasy deisel mechanic so he can't wear one to work. And since he works 6 days a week it would be weird to make him wear one just on Sundays. So we're getting him some $50 crap for ceremony that he will never wear again.

I might feel weird sometimes if we're at a hotel or fancy restaurant and it looks like we're having an affair or something, him with no ring, but whatever I don't care what people think!

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

hahhaha that's hilarious.

My FI is a greasy deisel mechanic so he can't wear one to work. And since he works 6 days a week it would be weird to make him wear one just on Sundays. So we're getting him some $50 crap for ceremony that he will never wear again.

I might feel weird sometimes if we're at a hotel or fancy restaurant and it looks like we're having an affair or something, him with no ring, but whatever I don't care what people think!

FI can't wear his wedding to work either, but we are still getting him a nice one that he wants. He will wear it when we go out to dinner and things like that so it's not like it will go to waste. I would equate it to me having fancy jewelry that I only wear when we go somewhere nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards