Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

What are your favorite non-spirit cocktails?

What are some of your favorite cocktails made with beer, wine, malts, or champagne?

Formerly known as flutterbride2b

Re: What are your favorite non-spirit cocktails?

• Bellini!  I am a fan of champagne cocktails.
  • Yes! Bellini or mimosa. You can make champagne cocktails with any kind of fruit puree.
  • I love white sangria.  Ditto PPs that bellinis and mimosas are super popular, I don't care for them bc I don't like anything carbonated, but most people do!
  • Okay this maybe sounds a little weird, but I'm a fan of radlers (beer and lemonade).
  • That's 2 votes for champagne cocktails and a 3rd that acknowledges they popular ;)  I love fruity drinks and carbonation so you won't hear any complains from me!

@eileenrob - I'm not a huge wine drinker but that also sounds yummy.  I used to have a flavor of *cheap* dessert wine that I loved because it was a lot like drinking orange soda.  Unfortunately they discontinued it several years ago and have no interest in re-starting production.  (I think I offered to buy a palette, lol.)

@GARION - Not at all!  I've had Lynchburg Lemonade, which is whiskey based but not a raddler. I'm not a beer drinker, but there is a local-ish ale we started buying in the summer that is a golden ale with lemon juice that I enjoy when we're cooking out.  

I'll have to stockpile recipes to try out when the weather's nicer.

Knowing my luck I'll like *all* of them and just end up with a basic beer, wine, champagne, and a silly amount of fruit juices & purees behind the bar =)
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Ditto all the PPs.  Other suggestions: 
    Red and white wine spritzers.  

What about a classic champagne cocktail?  That's just sugar, bitters, and champagne.  Very elegant.  If the venue is super strict about no spirits, there are non-alcoholic bitters.  

I'm not sure this has a name, because I made it up (nothing is very original though, so I'm sure this is a drink that already has a name).  It's lemon juice, muddled mint, sugar, and champagne.  

I would say sangria, but sangria usually has brandy.
    [Deleted User]
  • Sangria, arnold palmer, mimosa
  • Definitely mimosas and bellinis!  And sangria too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AddieCakeAddieCake Beyond the Wall member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    Bellinis and mimosas for me as well.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards