Not Engaged Yet

Thursday Accountability

B: Fruit cup, oatmeal

L: Taco salad (ground turkey, romaine, salsa, cheese)

D: Joe's Crab Shack which I just discovered there is NOTHING even sort of healthy to order there! I hope they don't mind a picky eater because I cannot afford a 30 point dinner which is practically the average of all of their dishes. How is a STEAMPOT 30 points. HOW?!

S: Kiwis, mini babybel

E: Nada, Devils game tonight! Yay for hockey being back!

Re: Thursday Accountability

• @swazzle I've never been to a Joe's Crab Shack but I'm shocked that steamed seafood is 30 freaking points!!!!!

B: coke, kix

L: Lean cuisine

S: String cheese

D: Mexican Chicken tenders

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • B- Oatmeal and blueberries

L- Turkey wraps

D- Lamb chops with green beans and mashed potatoes

E- CrossFit

• B:  WW toast with whipped butter; 2 eggs; 1 small nectarine

L:  white chicken chili (about 1.5 c), roasted asparagus, blueberries (~1/3 c)

S:  apple and cashew butter (~2 TBSP)

D:  ST kalua pork (~1/2 c.), chipotle lime rice (~1/2 c.), roasted green beans (~1 c.); pineapple (~1/3 c.)

WO:  Insanity M2 D29 Fit Test - THE ENDDDDDD!!!!!! 
  • @buddysmom80 - I KNOW. Here is the description of the steampot I like to get (because it's the only thing on the menu that has scallops) and when I looked it up on WW, it is 35 points:

Snow crab, seared scallops and mussels in a 
    light Kendall-Jackson wine sauce with hints of 
    garlic, pepper and notes of citrus

• Have you guys ever heard of Healthy Dining Finder (CLICK)? 

You enter your city/state or zip and it gives you a list of restaurants nearby and tells you the most health-conscious things to order at each one! It also gives you a heads up of different ways to order an item to make it even healthier. Pretty neat. 

• B- hot chocolate oatmeal with blueberries

L-veggie chili

S-apple and some pretzels

D-veggie patty potato and some zucchini

S- not sure yet

E- show is opening tonight lots of fast cotume changes and dancing!!

Anniversary

• Swazzle said:
    Have you guys ever heard of Healthy Dining Finder (CLICK)? 

You enter your city/state or zip and it gives you a list of restaurants nearby and tells you the most health-conscious things to order at each one! It also gives you a heads up of different ways to order an item to make it even healthier. Pretty neat. 
    The restaurants listed in my area are all chain restaurants. I'm such a sad panda :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • B - cheerios, dry
    S - apple
    L- Apple sauce and saltine crackers
    D- veggie stir fry

E - arm, back, leg, and ab work out...maybe something a little more intense too. I ate SO bad last night, like so bad. FI texted me on my way home from work and said, "Don't make dinner. I'm taking us out".  He spoiled us and I ate. A lot.
    Anniversary

• minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014

Morning ladies! 

@Swazzle - How are you feeling?  Any better?

@Peaseblossom55 - Good luck!  You've been working so hard I'm sure it will go great.

@Severmilli12 - You are allowed a night out every now and again...if only I could keep it to "now and again" vs every weekend I'd be a lot further along. :)

B: None...have to run to the gym in a few minutes and can't workout with food in my stomach

L: Chicken Salad and quinoa

S: Apple and cheese

D: Amy's microwave meal with wine

E: 45 minutes with trainer, 15 minutes on treadmill.  I'm dying from my workout yesterday with the trainer so I'm not sure what muscles we are going to use which don't hurt today.  Should be interesting.

ETA - Changed meal plan

• Thanks @swazzle, I'm definitely going to check out that site! Personally, I've completely fallen off the wagon. I had girls weekend last weekend and ate and drank my face off. Then the JT concert Monday night had me too tired to even think about working out for DAYS. Now it's too freaking cold to even think about being outside at 5:30am. I promised myself I'd at least go to the gym tomorrow morning to start getting back on track. I need to do a six mile run on Saturday... THAT should be fun. NOT.

B: Coke
    S: red peppers
    L: lebanon balogna sandwich and grapes
    S: cashews
    D: pulled kalua pork, rice in lettuce wraps
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @minskat30 We have a weekly date night that I don't even worry about calories or what I'm eating, but this was not date night. This was a random "lets shove our faces with delicious, unhealthy food and alcohol" night lol. I guess if FI wants to still have our date night this Friday I'll have to eat super light. But I really overindulged last night and i'm feeling guilty now :\  
    Anniversary

• someone just brought in Panera bagels, so I snagged half a cinnamon crunch bagel and some honey walnut cream cheese.  I haven't had one of these in YEARS!!
  • @minskat30 - I am! Today is the first day I've felt completely like myself. Thanks for asking! 

@severmilli12 - After reading your accountability posts (almost) everyday, it really seems like you under-eat by A LOT, especially with fairly significant workouts at night. I'm not a dietician or anything like that, but it just seems like you're not being healthy and I wouldn't feel right if I continued to ignore it. 

• @swazzle I eat really light during the day but my dinners are usually pretty high in calories because I make whatever FI feels like eating and I usually don't worry about the calories or eating smaller portions. That's why I started eating lighter during the day, that way I don't have to worry so much about what I'm making for dinner or making a separate, healthier dinner for myself. So far its seems to be working well. I'm not hungry during the day even though I'm not eating a lot.
    Anniversary

• @swazzle I eat really light during the day but my dinners are usually pretty high in calories because I make whatever FI feels like eating and I usually don't worry about the calories or eating smaller portions. That's why I started eating lighter during the day, that way I don't have to worry so much about what I'm making for dinner or making a separate, healthier dinner for myself. So far its seems to be working well. I'm not hungry during the day even though I'm not eating a lot.
    I'm not trying to instigate here, but you've put "veggie stir fry" for like your last three dinners. That isn't extremely unhealthy, or calorie-laden. 

Just because it's working well doesn't mean that it's healthy. You're not eating enough for your body to sustain itself - ESPECIALLY if you're working out daily as well. Applesauce and saltines is NOT a healthy lunch. 

*******************************************************************************************

• BriSox81 said:
    @swazzle I eat really light during the day but my dinners are usually pretty high in calories because I make whatever FI feels like eating and I usually don't worry about the calories or eating smaller portions. That's why I started eating lighter during the day, that way I don't have to worry so much about what I'm making for dinner or making a separate, healthier dinner for myself. So far its seems to be working well. I'm not hungry during the day even though I'm not eating a lot.
    I'm not trying to instigate here, but you've put "veggie stir fry" for like your last three dinners. That isn't extremely unhealthy, or calorie-laden. 

Just because it's working well doesn't mean that it's healthy. You're not eating enough for your body to sustain itself - ESPECIALLY if you're working out daily as well. Applesauce and saltines is NOT a healthy lunch. 
    All of this. 

Honestly, unless your veggie stir fry is somehow like 900 calories, it really looks like you're not even getting enough calories to fuel your body especially before you add on your workouts. 

Maybe you should try out a website like MyFitnessPal or something similar so you can see how much (or how little) you're actually consuming. 

• @brisox81, I understand.  There are days where I will try to eat a light meal for every meal if I had a lot to eat the night before. Like last night, I pigged out so tonight I plan on eating a light dinner because of that and because we have a cake tasting this evening. On the weekends I don't take much consideration into what I eat and we go out a lot.

But I agree with you and @swazzle that its not enough and really not that healthy.  I need to find different things to bring for lunch that are healthy and more filling. When I started eating celery and peanut butter every day for lunch I lost a several pounds in a couple weeks which gave me the motivation I needed to get serious about eating healthy and trying to exercise daily. I just need to do it in a more healthy way.
    Anniversary

• @brisox81, I understand.  There are days where I will try to eat a light meal for every meal if I had a lot to eat the night before. Like last night, I pigged out so tonight I plan on eating a light dinner because of that and because we have a cake tasting this evening. On the weekends I don't take much consideration into what I eat and we go out a lot.

But I agree with you and @swazzle that its not enough and really not that healthy.  I need to find different things to bring for lunch that are healthy and more filling. When I started eating celery and peanut butter every day for lunch I lost a several pounds in a couple weeks which gave me the motivation I needed to get serious about eating healthy and trying to exercise daily. I just need to do it in a more healthy way.
    That happened because you were starving yourself! I definitely second what @swazzle said about My Fitness Pal, or even WW - both of them will keep you accountable, but will help you lose weight HEALTHILY. 

*******************************************************************************************

• @brisox81 Yeah :\  I'm the type of person who has to see results right away or I give up. So in practically starving myself, I saw results which gave me motivation. Not healthy, but now since I'm down several pounds I'm ready to start working out regularly and eating right...which I need to change. I thought about joining WW. I tracked my calories on Myfitnesspal when I was eating celery and peanut butter for lunch and it was usually around 1000...sometimes under. Which is low. According to Myfitnesspal I should eat 1200...so now that a few pounds are off I will start eating more than just celery and PB...i'm getting sick of celery anyway. Tomorrow I will eat a healthier lunch!
    Anniversary

• @severmilli - PROMISE?? 

If you want to talk WW, feel free to PM me. I'm currently doing it, and I've had really good success - even when I haven't been perfect. I can help you stay accountable, if you want. 

I just want you to be healthy!! 

• @BriSox81 PROMISE! I appreciate that. I realized I went a little BSC with the diet thing. I got my wedding dress and losing weight was the only thing that was on my mind. FI wasn't crazy about my celery and PB lunch. He was like, " um...you have 6 months to lose however much weight you want to lose. Just eat."
    Anniversary

• @severmilli12 - I'm so glad you didn't take what I said the wrong way. I was just getting worried about you and I'm glad that you saw where I was coming from and plan to make healthier choices in the future!!!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards