Wedding Party

Cost of bridesmaid's gifts?

How much are people spending on the gifts for their bridal party? Is there any set rule? I realize this is probably highly individualized based on personal budgets, etc. Just wondering if people generally tried to match the amount that the bridesmaids ended up spending on their dress + getting ready costs, or more or less than that. I have ideas that are around $25 per girl (individualized to each girl). Debating adding clutches/wristlets (that each girl would like based on their tastes, but for some reason clutches cost a lot more than you'd think!) and/or a gift card. Thoughts?

Re: Cost of bridesmaid's gifts?

• antotoantoto member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited February 2014
    The rule is to stay within your means ;)

Mine ended up being around $100.

The idea of paying them back for their dress seems unnecessary to me.  They aren't looking to be repayed for that - especially if you stayed within their budget.

ETD:  By the way, see if you live near a coach outlet and you can get some super cute clutches for a heck of a lot cheaper.
  • I spent about $50 on mine. There is no set rule at all.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I think it was around $40 for each one. I know it wasn't anywhere near the costs of their dresses. I bought a different Vera Bradly clutch for each, bath & body works lotion and pocket hand sanitizer. I can't remember what else. I hand picked the charms, semi precious stones, sterling silver chains, and pearls for each one to be made into a necklace. My MIL did all the wire wrapping to make it into 4 different necklaces. They all decided to wear them to the wedding. Basically I got the same thing for each one but nothing was duplicated (as in color, fragrance, etc).

I also hosted a bridesmaid luncheon as a thank you to them.

Spend what you can afford. If it's $10 or $100 per girl that's ok. Just make sure it's a gift tailord to them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My MOH is doing most of the work, I'd like to get her something really special but don't ant to offend they other two girls. if I got her a necklace and them smaller but similar is that OK.

Bath products are impersonal in my opinion.

thanks!!

• sbabygee said:

My MOH is doing most of the work, I'd like to get her something really special but don't ant to offend they other two girls. if I got her a necklace and them smaller but similar is that OK.

thanks!!

As long as each of the necklaces reflects the girls tastes and personality that's ok.

Some people love bath stuff/ lotions. You know your ladies. What they like and don't like. You shop for these ladies like it's their birthday. I know I got my ladies more but it's been to long to remember.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • FYI, I love bath soaps and lotions, so that would be a great gift for me. Don't count it out if you know one of your girls likes that stuff. 
  • sbabygee said:

My MOH is doing most of the work, I'd like to get her something really special but don't ant to offend they other two girls. if I got her a necklace and them smaller but similar is that OK.

thanks!!

Your wedding party gifts aren't supposed to be thanking them for how much work they've done for your wedding, but rather thanking them for being your friend and for standing next to you when you get married to the love of your life.

• We are on a pretty small budget, but I know the girls are doing so much for me and my fiance so I wanted to get something I think they would really enjoy (but on a budget!)

I got them each massage envy gift cards for $50 (ordered the gift cards off of eBay for around 40-43 for each card)
    then i went to the coach outlets and got them each a clutch for 38 (originally 80, but on sale with the coupon)

so for less than 100 i think its things they will use again, as opposed to something monogrammed which i feel most people don't like and it's still classy and I'm not making them use it for the wedding or anything. this is strictly a gift or them, not involved with the wedding,
  • msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2014
    I've spent about $70 per girl, not including make-up and jewelry for the wedding day. My gifts are all different (adopt a panda from the zoo, stained glass window hanging, art supplies bag, and "date night" package), and they are getting them after the shower (since it's a DW). 
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • probably around $100-$150 per girl.  i have only 3 bridesmaids and am not really on a set budget for the gifts.  I'm thinking about going to the outlets and getting them coach or michael kor wristlets. Two are wine drinkers the other is a chocolate lover, so I was going to get them nice bottles of wine (the wine drinkers) and a nice box of chocolates for the other.     Maybe a sephora gift card or gift card to a spa for  a mani/pedi.  Stuff I know they'll use/like. 
  • I sent about 100-120 per girl. But I also paid for them to have their hair and make up done, which was not part of their gift.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I spent about $50 each (but less on my young niece).  I always gave $50 as a wedding present so $50 just kind of seems like a good gift amount to me.  I got them each a gift card reflecting their favorite things and then something small.
  • $25-$50 sounds good, depends on your budget
  • I will probably end up spending around $50 per girl (I have 5).  I'm not sure where you're from but Indigo (a book store in Canada) had really cute clutches for $20, you could probably get them shipped to you if you are not near one.
  • I ended up spending about $150 per girl.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards