Just Engaged and Proposals

Alone

I am disabled, so I am home alone almost the time. I moved across the country a few years ago and I have very few friends here. In fact, I was thinking of going back and then Michael proposed. Does anyone else feel like they're planning their wedding alone?

Re: Alone

• Why doesnt your fi help you plan the wedding? Its his day too. Or if your friends back home are interested in wedding planning, emeial them ideas.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My fiancé is helping, but i just miss my girls.
  • Ditto Addie!! We frequent these forums because we love wedding talk. So share your ideas, ask questions, or just vent about whatever and we will be happy to listen/help!

• I'm having a really really small wedding and my mom doesn't want to help with the typical stuff - and all the girls coming to my wedding after totally different taste.  So I feel I'm alone too.  The girls on the boards have been extremely helpful!!

Anniversary
  • I'm pretty much planning our wedding alone, but FI's has stated he's willing to be a sound board for me or listen to anything wedding-related, he just isn't that big on the whole "decision making" portion of it. Which is KIND of good, but I understand why he's that way.

But that's why I joined this board. So I can talk about weddings all day and no one gets annoyed with it, lol.
    Anniversary
  • Thank you for being my girls! It's good to have you. :)
  • SonietsjkaSonietsjka member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2014
    Your friends, although not in your area, can still be part of the planning right?  

I live in South Sudan, and my girlfriends in the Netherlands, but I email them about stuff, concerns, cultural differences (!), etc. We haven't booked anything concrete yet, apart from the wedding planner, but I am running her venue selections by one of my friends to see what she thinks. Thank god for internet, email, and skype!
  • Okay, flower ideas. I was lavender roses for me and fi's boutonniere,but then I need ideas for lavender and ivory flowers for everyone else.
  • What about peonies in ivory? They're poofy and gorgeous :) Although they will be more expensive than roses. A cheaper option is hydrangeas..I'm doing hydrangeas in white/ivory and light green.
  • I want lavender roses for my bouquet, too.  :)  What season is your wedding?
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    aselby91 said:
    What about peonies in ivory? They're poofy and gorgeous :) Although they will be more expensive than roses. A cheaper option is hydrangeas..I'm doing hydrangeas in white/ivory and light green.
    Hydrangeas are beautiful, but difficult!  If they are out of water for one hour, they wilt.  Our bridesmaids bouquets looked good for the ceremony, but they were done by the reception.  Daughter had them soaking in water until just before the ceremony.  The blue color was beautiful, but not very practical.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • My bouquet is lavender roses! My centerpieces are hydrangeas. My girls' bouquets are white roses and carnations and cushions (?) with lisanthis and anemones. 
  • My bouquet is going to end up having orchids and roses. Our colors are pink and white because we are going to have an intimate celebration in the Bahamas! I'm so excited to finally make a decision on something! The reason why is because with so much time on my hands besides dealing with school I have changed my mind alot, but I knew I wanted a beautiful wedding and if you girls are from New England, connecticut is a pretty expensive state and no matter what we do it would be about 20,000 minimum and we don't want to spend that much since we would like to get married in 3 years. My mom doesn't want to talk about wedding stuff either, thank god for my future mother-in-law otherwise I would be lost without her

• I'm in Philadelphia. Our budget is $10,000. It looks like we're going over by about $500. I'm okay with that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards