Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Jewelry

2»

Re: Jewelry

• Options
    edited February 2014
    I don't have a problem with told a color scheme for necklaces and earrings, bracelets even. 
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    @lc07 That's my take on it, too. I get really ranty about Pinterest and how I wish people would focus less on "Oh, I want to do this pose or this cute idea!" We hired a photographer who has a very photojournalistic style because we want to have a wedding album that's documentation of the day. We're doing some formals still, including lots of the two of us, but it's more about having nice formals of us as we are and not having everyone match. 
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    I've been a BM enough to know that I don't like a jewelry request. I'm already wearing this terrible dress, can't I accessorize as I please?
    I had no restrictions or requests for my own BP...I'd have to go look at my wedding pics to tell you what kind of jewelry they wore...
  • Options
    @phira I love it! We wanted posed pictures, too. But I'm with you. The photojournalism is what I will always treasure for its "realness".
  • Options
    LakeR2014 said:

@AddieL73 I don't really think a necklace would go well with the dress that's been chosen for the bridesmaids, so I'd like to stipulate no necklaces.  Earrings/Bracelets/tattoos whatever else I don't care.  I think the reason I focus on the necklaces is that I was in a wedding last summer where one of the bridesmaids wore a huge statement piece necklace, and you're eye was always drawn to her because of it.  Not that I'd think any of my girls would wear that, but just noticed the differences in each bridesmaids necklines because of it.  

Weird I know, but that's where the question is coming from.

I told my BM's sparkle was my middle name and to bling it up if they wanted to. I can't wait to see what jewelry they each choose to wear.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    I've been ask/told what to wear for jewelry for weddings and as long as it's not a major purchase I have no problem with it. Actually many of the weddings I have been in, the jewelry was my gift... again I have no problem with it. But some people do, so it's your call on how well you know your girls!

Anniversary
  • Options
    LakeR2014 said:
    @AddieL73 I don't really think a necklace would go well with the dress that's been chosen for the bridesmaids, so I'd like to stipulate no necklaces.  Earrings/Bracelets/tattoos whatever else I don't care.  I think the reason I focus on the necklaces is that I was in a wedding last summer where one of the bridesmaids wore a huge statement piece necklace, and you're eye was always drawn to her because of it.  Not that I'd think any of my girls would wear that, but just noticed the differences in each bridesmaids necklines because of it.  

Weird I know, but that's where the question is coming from.
    I totally get where you're coming from here. Jewelry can change the feel of the entire look. Style guides always say to get classic clothes and change the look with various accessories, right? If bridesmaids were wearing simple navy dresses and one wore a pearl necklace while another wore a large coral-colored statement piece, now you have one formal-looking bridesmaid and one trendy-looking bridesmaid. 
    I'm letting my 'maids choose their own black cocktail dresses, but at the end of the day I want them to have a more classic, timeless look than an, "Oh, must be 2014- look at that huge necklace!" look, if that makes sense.  There's still plenty of room for individuality while maintaining an image.  (Luckily my 'maids have the same general sense of style as I do so this won't be difficult for us.)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards