Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Ask Las Vegas Locals!

2»

Re: Ask Las Vegas Locals!

• Options
    @cirena166 (thank you in advance so wonderful of you to help us all out!)
    1) I've been trying to find sequin linens/table cloths for rent and tried a few party rentals w/ no luck.Suggestions?
    2) Hair & Make-up that come to the hotel suite that aren't astronomical - Recommendation?
    I found a freelancer that is $85 for hair and make up but, she doesn't do a contract. No contract makes me very nervous. I can't go by her "word" that she will be there, can I? Hair & Makeup is not something I can leave up to chance.
    3) Your suggested Liquor Stores close to The Hotel @ MB? Do they Deliver?  Vons?

Thoughts - Is it worth buying the booze & Ice ourselves, saving a few dollars vs. just paying more to the caterer and not having to worry about it?

I'm starting to feel like I'm leaving to much for me and GTB to do on the day of the wedding. I guess I'm figuring out I can't be my own Event Captain and Bride at the same time.

thank you thank you for assistance!
    Anniversary
  • Options

@jayjaay Those are great questions.

Found a version of your tablecloths - you didn't say what color, but Rebel Party Rentals has them in black here: http://www.rebelparty.com/products.aspx?CATID=30. They also have lame and a thing they call dazzle in multiple colors.

I'm pretty sure Vons delivers, not sure if they come all the way up to your suite. :) Lee's Discount Liquor isn't far from Manadalay, but you'd need a car/cab to get there. Whether it's worth it or not depends on your budget and stress level.

Good luck!

• Options
    @cierna166 Thank you - I will check them out! and any thoughts on this?

2) Hair & Make-up that come to the hotel suite that aren't astronomical - Recommendation?
    I found a freelancer that is $85 for hair and make up but, she doesn't do a contract. No contract makes me very nervous. I can't go by her "word" that she will be there, can I? Hair & Makeup is not something I can leave up to chance
    Anniversary
  • Options
    cirena166 - Table Lines in a champagne color or ivory - I will look into that w/ Rebel - THANK YOU! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @jayjaay That's my weak point. I go to a salon once or twice a year, so I'm not real good with stylists. :(
  • Options
    I have a question, can you recommend a gluten free bakery that does mini cupcakes and will deliver anywhere in las vegas? And did you know where I can find gluten free edible favours?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @KikiMira Great question! Retro has vegan, but I don't know if they have gluten-free. I think The Cupcakery has gluten-free. Give them a call to check. http://www.thecupcakery.com/

• Options
    Great, I will check them out thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@cirena166 have you ever heard of a place called Polished Nail (its on Flamingo, near the Albertsons, I think). I was looking for a place to get gel manicure and pedicure done with a few of my friends and they offer a pick up service to and from hotel for 3+ people and their pricing seems pretty good (55 bucks for gel manicure and pedicure), but I am worried it may not be a good salon and wanted to see if you knew it...

Thanks!

• Options
    @seniorprincesslnhs that is a sweet deal! I'm going to see if I can find any reviews for them
  • Options
    @seniorprincessInhs Sorry, I'm not familiar with that particular salon. Wish I had better news for you! I'll be heading out to Get Nail'd with my girls through Living Social, $17 for a regular mani-pedi, around $40 for gel. I haven't been there yet either, but I can give you a review in June at the latest. :)
  • Options
    @seniorprincesslnhs@greeneyezkat My FSIL goes to Polished!!! They are a really great salon. Pricey but from what I have heard very worth it. They do get very busy so I think the only complaints people have are that they can run behind. Her nails always look amazing. If you have Instagram check them out, their name is polishednailslv.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Awesome, thanks so much @tcnoble and @cirena166! This helps ease my mind a bit and while they are pricey, they are not as pricey as the salons on the strip AND the offer to get a ride to and from seals the deal of us since we wont have to try to manage a cab to and fro!

I appreciate it!

Oh and that is quite the deal, @greeneyezkat

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards