Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Nice affordable wedding flowers

Hello, all!

I'm wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for a wedding florist in the Kc area. I'm getting married in the fall in the Northland.

I'm not picky, but I'd prefer real flowers as opposed to fake flowers, so just thought I'd see if anyone has had a really good experience and could recommend a certain florist. I am on a budget though. What's a good price (not insanely expensive) for a wedding florist?

Many, many thanks!!

Re: Nice affordable wedding flowers

• Options
    I would like to know what you find out - my wedding isn't until next April, but I'm already scared of prices, lol.

I've heard Costco has nice flowers.

• Options
    I've heard of Costco, but I think you have to do your own arrangements--a day-before wedding stresser no bride needs.  A couple friends in another city got their flowers through Whole Foods!  The flowers were fresher that way, and the Whole Foods floral department could make the bouquets and such, but I don't know if they can make larger arrangements.  It's worth checking!
    "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!" (Isaiah 43:1)
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll check it out. I'm also considering HyVee. :-)
  • Options
    I used The Flower Girl - Erica was really easy to work with and within my budget.
  • Options
    We used Hy-Vee in Mission.  We saved extra money by purchasing our own vases online.  We got 2 bouquets, 12 centerpieces, 6 corsages and about 10 boutonnieres for about $1,000, I believe.  
  • Options
    Rosemary Clyde -- rosemary@finaltouchstudios.net, 913.422.1663

She's extremely knowledgable, works out of her beautiful home in Shawnee, and purchases her flowers wholesale to cut costs DRAMATICALLY. And her arrangements are sizable and beyond stunning. To give you an idea...

We got my bouquet, 7 bridesmaids bouquets, a flower girl bouquet, a toss-away bouquet, 5 women's corsages (grandmothers, mothers, readers, etc.), 10 boutonnieres, 11 reception centerpieces, 2 large altar arrangements and flowers for the cake for around $1,250 (can be higher or lower, depending on what kinds of flowers you choose, what's in season, any specific requests, etc.).

Our wedding isn't until next Saturday, but I can definitely provide pictures if you'd like to see the flowers in action. Best of luck!
  • Options
    We got the quote for my bouquet, 1 MOH bouquet, 3 BM bouquets, and 5 bouts from HyVee - $428.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards