New Jersey

Rehearsal Dinner in Central Jersey Area

We are getting married in Princeton in August 2014.  I have been looking for somewhere to host the rehearsal dinner on a Saturday evening but am having some trouble.  Ideally, we'd like to hold it in a BYOB restaurant that offers a private room.  We are having around 32 people and would like to spend around $30-35/pp.  We are open to having it anywhere between New Brunswick and Princeton.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Central Jersey Area

• I grew up near New Brunswick and can recommend plenty of great restaurants, but none of them would be BYOB.  It's hard to find around that area.

Sophie's Bistro in Somerset has pretty good party prices and delicious food-- not BYOB though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Thanks! I love Sophie's!  I had ruled it out because I assumed it would be out of budget but I'll call and ask.  
  • Thanks! I love Sophie's!  I had ruled it out because I assumed it would be out of budget but I'll call and ask.  
    I remember their brunch party was about $20/pp so maybe dinner is $30 or $35.  Good luck!  I grew up literally around the corner from Sophie's and they are one of my favorite places.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Sahara in New Brunswick is BYOB and they have a private party room upstairs. I went to a group event there once and it was $25 per person.
  • We looked at Girasole in Bound Brook and it was 28 a head BYOB but we didn't like that it didn't truly offer a private dining space.  We ended up going with Vincenzos in Bound Brook...The price is about the same but it is not a BYOB.  However, we are doing wine, beer and soda for the rehearsal dinner.  We just loved the great food and even more we loved the upstairs private room and how much of a private party feel it gave us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards