Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Photographer - HELP!!

Hi All!
So my FI and I are having some issues with our photographer. We had our engagement pictures taken six months ago and received 11 "sneak peak" photos that evening. The really look amazing, but we still haven't received any other photos. I e-mailed her on in October and November, just asking how our photos were coming and didn't get a response back. Finally I messaged her in January and she responded saying she was finishing up our photos that day. We hadn't received them a few weeks later, so I e-mailed her again afraid they got lost in the mail and she hasn't responded. I messaged her in the beginning of February and she hasn't responded. My FI called her a couple of days ago and she hasn't called us back... I know that she's really busy, but I feel like 6 months is a VERY long time to edit photos and get them back to us. My FI's main concern is that she won't show up to our wedding. Any suggestions?

Re: Photographer - HELP!!

• steph1091 said:
    Hi All!
    So my FI and I are having some issues with our photographer. We had our engagement pictures taken six months ago and received 11 "sneak peak" photos that evening. The really look amazing, but we still haven't received any other photos. I e-mailed her on in October and November, just asking how our photos were coming and didn't get a response back. Finally I messaged her in January and she responded saying she was finishing up our photos that day. We hadn't received them a few weeks later, so I e-mailed her again afraid they got lost in the mail and she hasn't responded. I messaged her in the beginning of February and she hasn't responded. My FI called her a couple of days ago and she hasn't called us back... I know that she's really busy, but I feel like 6 months is a VERY long time to edit photos and get them back to us. My FI's main concern is that she won't show up to our wedding. Any suggestions?

Is she contracted to do your wedding as well?  I would be VERY concerned about that.  I think you need to start calling her multiple times a week, because this is unacceptable.  Are there turn around times listed in her contract.  I would use that as my out and get any balance back from her that did not include the cost of the e shoot.  Does she have a studio?  Go there in person, she can't ignore you if you are there in person.

Also, where do you live?  Because in most places in the country this is an off season for weddings.  She should have no problems completing her work.  My photographer had all my pics to me within 3 weeks because I got married in March and she didn't have much other work to do that time of year.

• An engagement session shouldn't take longer than a month! You absolutely should have all your shots now. If she is contracted for your wedding, you may really want to consider losing your retainer and dropping her. Despite contract jargon, consider taking her to court over you deposit. It may seem a little daunting, but if she can't produce a simple engagement session she is going to be holding on to your wedding photos for even longer. I'm sorry!
  • I second OliveOilsMom, that is unacceptable. Does it say in your contract a deadline for getting photos to you? I know mine does.
  • If it takes 6 months to get your engagement and the photographer doesn't reply back to you, I would run. Get a new photographer for your wedding.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards