May 2015 Weddings

Wedding Website

I know that this was asked on another thread, but for those of you that are having a wedding website, when are you going to create one? What sort of information will you have on yours? Also- how do you let your guests know about the website? Word or mouth, or is there an insert that can be placed with the invitation?
                             Anniversary
imageimageimage

Re: Wedding Website

• I am wondering this myself. We are supposed to get our engagement pics back anytime... I will probably put one on there. I have info about the location, bridal party, hotels (grooms family are all out of town), registries, online RSVP and a guestbook for those who cannot attend. 

I did mine at mywedding.com. It's pretty cool. 

I ALSO don't know how to distribute. I don't know that I should post the link on facebook, I was thinking about putting something on our invites like :"RSVP online at mywedding.com/"... or "check out our wedding website at my wedding.com/..."  Maybe that's my profession coming through.. :)
  • I was thinking about FB also, but then I thought that it might be rude for the people that are not invited. And it might invite wedding crashers (okay, maybe I watch too many Will Ferrel movies lol). 

I was thinking of information on the location since getting to our venue might be a little tricky. Also hotel information for some out of town guests. But I have no idea how to spread the word lol. I'll try to dig through the etiquette board soon and see if anything is posted there, unless someone responds here that may have the info.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I plan on creating my website to go live in my 5/15/14 which is one year before my wedding date. I plan on including the website on my STD. I decided on that date because I'll be sending my STD out around that time since we have a lot of out of town guest and dunce it's on a Friday. I plan on including the proposal story, bridal party, registries, accommodations, venue info with directions, guestbook, RSVPs, and info about an app that people can upload and share pics on.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also thought of adding to fb but it wouldn't be a good idea in case an uninvited guest decided to come

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also would not add to Facebook but it's useful on the STD.  We'll have one, but probably not with the AW kind of stuff, just guest info.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I was just going to add the website info on the STD too probably.
  • I plan to have the website finished by the time we send out STDs. I'll print them on there. 
  • I've been working on the wedding website for a while now. I w as originally using the one on theknot but I found a design I liked better on weddingwire. I will probably "go live" with the website once we send out save the dates. I liked the template on weddingwire mostly because it had a section already there for finding flights and making travel plans because we have family coming from Georgia and will be flying to Boston. Otherwise, theknot website would have been fine!
  • I'm using AppyCouple for my wedding site...
    Here's my personal link so you can take a peek, it's very cool. It costs $20 but I think they have promo codes

I wanted something user friendly for all our wedding events and it was really important to me for the ability to RSVP online. I like the site and the design, what do you girls think?

• @lindseyfera I plan on using weddingwire since I can design my own background. @staceemarie I tried viewing your wedding site but it won't let me but I love your blog.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @futuremrsds2015 Weird! I wonder if it has something to do with the privacy settings... I'll look into it. I was planning on writing a blog post about it, so I'll make sure to come back and link that so you can see. Thank you for the kind words about my blog! I hope you'll follow and leave a comment or two!
  • @futuremrsds2015 I just finished my latest post and it's about wedding websites! I hope you'll go take a look and leave a comment! :) 

• I started mine but won't have it go live until probably around May or June about a year before the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards