Chit Chat

If you could buy one thing for spring...

What would it be?

I have a little Christmas money that I never spent, and if I don't spend it soon, it's just gonna get re-absorbed into my regular budget.  I wanted the Lululemon Vinyasa scarf so bad but it's sold out right now (thinking of you @pumpkinsandturkeys!)  I don't NEED anything in particular, but I could use a little wardrobe refresh.  What pieces do you find yourself always wearing in the spring?

I've been digging our fashion threads lately, ladies.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: If you could buy one thing for spring...

• What would it be?

I have a little Christmas money that I never spent, and if I don't spend it soon, it's just gonna get re-absorbed into my regular budget.  I wanted the Lululemon Vinyasa scarf so bad but it's sold out right now (thinking of you @pumpkinsandturkeys!)  I don't NEED anything in particular, but I could use a little wardrobe refresh.  What pieces do you find yourself always wearing in the spring?

I HAVE THAT SCARF IN PURPLE! It was my Secret Santa gift from my FBIL. Have you tried eBay? Do you have a local store?

I've gotten into a dress kick -- I loooove a cute little silk shift/a-line dress or a sundress in a fun print with a cardigan thrown over top and a fun pair of flats or riding boots.

• What would it be?

I HAVE THAT SCARF IN PURPLE! It was my Secret Santa gift from my FBIL. Have you tried eBay? Do you have a local store?

I've gotten into a dress kick -- I loooove a cute little silk shift/a-line dress or a sundress in a fun print with a cardigan thrown over top and a fun pair of flats or riding boots.
    Oh good then you are the perfect person to ask!  Can you sort of wear it as a skirt/CYA thing after yoga when wearing leggings?  I love the idea of twisting it into a shoulder shrug.  I pretty much go from gym to class every day, so anything versatile goes a long way in my book.

I live near Manhattan so we have stores, but I assumed if out of stock online the stores prob wouldn't have it either.  (Plus no tax if I shop online and ship to NJ, 8% tax in NYC).  It's way overpriced on eBay.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited March 2014
    What would it be?

Oh good then you are the perfect person to ask!  Can you sort of wear it as a skirt/CYA thing after yoga when wearing leggings?  I love the idea of twisting it into a shoulder shrug.  I pretty much go from gym to class every day, so anything versatile goes a long way in my book.

I live near Manhattan so we have stores, but I assumed if out of stock online the stores prob wouldn't have it either.  (Plus no tax if I shop online and ship to NJ, 8% tax in NYC).  It's way overpriced on eBay.
    The best vid to show some of the options for styling is here <-- click!

I often wear it in a cardi or halter style (snapped at the neck and the lower back), and it still comes down to just past my hips (I'm 5'7"). It's super cute with leggings -- just make sure you have a crop or tank under it, because it will not provide full-coverage up top.

ETA: Do NOT assume that the stores are also sold-out! There are often colours/styles/sizes in my local store that have sold out almost immediately online, or that were never available online to begin with. It's worth at least calling them!

• I am currently obsessed with Madmen, and I love the fashion on that show. This spring I am all about trying out a retro look. I already bought myself a pair of cat eye sunglasses to wear in the spring/summer, and I have a couple of dresses that look a lot like dresses Joan Harris wears. One of my favorite dresses that I wear to work in the spring/summer [Business casual after MDW, woohoo!] looks a lot like this:

imageI also want to get prettier spring dresses that look like the kind Betty Draper wears, something like this:

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I want to splurge on a really cute dress for the rehearsal dinner. I love looking on mod cloth lately too.

Anniversary

• What would it be?

Love, love, LOVE dress weather. I'll wear a dress 6 out of 7 days a week in the summer. I'm far from a clothes whore, but man, do I love me a good dress!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Maybe a lightweight infinity scarf. I might also raid my Modcloth love list and pick up a new dress, not because I need one, but because I'd love to have one.
  • @JCBride2014 the new Michael Kors spring line of handbags in the bright colors... My mom runs a store that sells MK and I get a half off discount, SOOOO hard not to buy them all! But I am a bit of a Michael Kors whore lately so could just be me haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tcnoble said:
    @JCBride2014 the new Michael Kors spring line of handbags in the bright colors... My mom runs a store that sells MK and I get a half off discount, SOOOO hard not to buy them all! But I am a bit of a Michael Kors whore lately so could just be me haha
    Fi bought me a MK leather jacket this fall for my bday and I love the shit out of it.  It is SO SOFT.  Plus it makes me look like a badass!

I could never resist a 50% off discount.  You're stronger than I am.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• tcnoble said:
    @JCBride2014 the new Michael Kors spring line of handbags in the bright colors... My mom runs a store that sells MK and I get a half off discount, SOOOO hard not to buy them all! But I am a bit of a Michael Kors whore lately so could just be me haha
    50% DISCOUNT??

:|

• Is it lame that I would totally buy new tires for my car? I ended up using my emergency cash to pay for a fender bender I was in. I would have just put them on my credit card already but between Christmas/New Years/birthday/Chinese New Year/caterer payments... well.. my poor MasterCard had smoke coming out of it. BUT. I don't have another payment to the caterer until April 5th so I can buy the expensive ass tires my car needs without dipping into the wedding money!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Is it lame that I would totally buy new tires for my car? I ended up using my emergency cash to pay for a fender bender I was in. I would have just put them on my credit card already but between Christmas/New Years/birthday/Chinese New Year/caterer payments... well.. my poor MasterCard had smoke coming out of it. BUT. I don't have another payment to the caterer until April 5th so I can buy the expensive ass tires my car needs without dipping into the wedding money!
    I need struts and tires, too.  I just can't bring myself to spend precious leftover Christmas money on something so practical!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

I need struts and tires, too.  I just can't bring myself to spend precious leftover Christmas money on something so practical!
    I'm waiting for our elderly beast of a car to crap out. I hate that thing and it hates me.

So while I don't want a new car for spring because that would mean getting one before the wedding, I kinda do.

Although, FI has promised me a car of my own after I recover from the next hip surgery, so yay!

• I need struts and tires, too.  I just can't bring myself to spend precious leftover Christmas money on something so practical!

I normally wouldn't either, but I'm worried about flooding once this snow starts to melt. My office is like 2 blocks from Willowbrook, and it always floods here when it rains. I'm nervous about getting stranded or hydroplaning in a puddle on my drive home! As much as I want to spend the money frivilously, I also don't want to get into an accident.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• OMG!  I started browsing Mod Cloth and fell upon this.  I think I need it. 

• @pumpkinsandturkeys yep, 50%. Kind of disgusting actually, when you think about the mark-up! I find it really hard to complain about the discount though... lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Damn!  Was just browsing Refinery29 and found this: http://www.withoutwalls.com.  Now I want everything!  I'm a sucker for workout gear.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• qmda76 - I love this dress!!!! Where can I get it??
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:
    qmda76 - I love this dress!!!! Where can I get it??
    It's very Betty Draper.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• qmda76 said:
    OMG!  I started browsing Mod Cloth and fell upon this.  I think I need it. 
    Whoa this is a store, I just googled it!!! Wow I think my paycheck will suddenly be a lot smaller in a few hours...
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• It's at www.modcloth.com :)

Lots of cute cute stuff on there!

• I just bought a super cute coral blazer from Forever 21!
  • Also, I work at Steve Madden and we get 50%, and I'm not totally broke so I figure I've won.
  • Omg omg omg I bought this for our honeymoon in July, and I'm so so eager to wear it - it's so comfy and beautiful! Vince Camuto jumpsuit from Dillards.

image   image   image

• Omg omg omg I bought this for our honeymoon in July, and I'm so so eager to wear it - it's so comfy and beautiful! Vince Camuto jumpsuit from Dillards.
    Ooooh love!  So elegant!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• The one thing that I really, really, really want is a swing dress. (Like this one.) So far I've only found such a dress in one store locally and they don't make plus-sizes at all, despite the fact that all their clothing is handmade by the owner (or at least by her staff from her patterns). It makes me wish I could sew.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • @hisgirlfriday13, I need (want) new jeans too!
  • I've been wanting a cute, fitted leather jacket for YEARS. I was so tempted when I found some on mega sale, but they were still $200+ and I couldn't justify it with the other, more practical things I was buying. Like the godfather of all winter coats. 

Some other staples I'm lacking that would be nice is a trench coat and a maxi dress or skirt. Well I guess I sort of have a maxi skirt. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards