Destination Weddings Discussions

Destination Wedding - sort of

My husband gets a save the date today for a wedding in Aruba.  (His friend lives in Aruba).  The wedding is in 2 months.  I question my husband why he is finding out about this today, and his response "that's just him".  Ugh, men!  $500 for a plane ticket and my husband says we have to go.  We should have known about this months ago. So mad.  

Re: Destination Wedding - sort of

• I would definately want more than two months to save up for a trip to Aruba.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow, yeah, that's pretty bad. And they sent out STD 2 months before wedding?  That's about the time they should be sending the actual invitation.  

• I know.  Trying to find out now if it is a "shot gun" wedding.  ha ha
  • I would personally think that you were on the B or C list. Typically you give at least 4months for an invite for a destination wedding and that doesn't include the save the date, but even that is pushing it. (typically a year-8 months for save the date, and 6 months for the invite)
  • Wow!! We are already telling people about our DW now and it's 18 months away. We are planning on sending save the dates out 12 months in advance. It takes time for people to save for a big vacation. Good luck!
  • Usually is 10/12 months for STD and 7/8 months for invitation. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards