Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Affordable engagement photographer

Getting married in Michigan, but would like to do engagement photos in Dallas.  Any recommendations for affordable photographers ($200) that will let us print the photos ourselves instead of selling us a package of sizes we don't need?  Thanks!

Re: Affordable engagement photographer

• edited July 2013
    Most of the photographers I know don't lump their prints into packages, and most of them will give you digital copies.  This must be a Dallas thing, because I live in Oklahoma now and EVERY photographer I contacted recently to do my daughter's newborn pics had a ridiculously high minimum for prints and wouldn't include digital images without a hefty fee.

Some people who MIGHT be in your price range (I honestly don't know, they just come up a lot when someone asks for a budget photographer):
    Karen Scruggs
    Evan Godwin

If you're willing to go up a bit, I think these photographers would be at or under $500 for a session:
    McGowan Images
    Hampton-Morrow Photography
    Six Fourteen Photography
    Stephanie Brazzle
    Nine Photography
    Allison Davis Photography
    Anniversary

• You might also check out Brant Smith Photography. He is doing our maternity photos. 
  • aeliza06 said:
    You might also check out Brant Smith Photography. He is doing our maternity photos. 
    I keep forgetting this guy.

Also, SQUEE!
    Anniversary

• sydwil23sydwil23 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013
    http://www.jeremyhuntphotography.com/

edit: This is the same guy who did my engagement photos, and is a good friend of mine! He did an EXCELLENT job, and I will be hiring him for my bridal portraits & wedding day as well
    Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • She maybe in your price range http://www.stefanimarcus.com/ tell her Misty sent you she does a half session for 150 and a full for 250. I only know of one photographer in the Dallas that does prints instead of giving out digital files (you pay per file). But the rest I know you get digital images.

• aeliza06 said:
    You might also check out Brant Smith Photography. He is doing our maternity photos. 
    I keep forgetting this guy.

Also, SQUEE!
    I KNOW! It is going to be hard to wait until the end of August! 
  • The girl that did mine charged $300 or so, so it's a little bit out of your range, but the pictures were GREAT and she even photoshopped some things in for us--like our date and initials into a scoreboard at the ballpark.  Looked authentic! She doesn't generally even do packages, so we got all the digital files with a release.  You can find her on facebook as G.Shelle Photography.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Might check out MSM Portraits. She is a family friend and did our family photo session. 

• Emmy1493Emmy1493 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2013
    If you are still looking- Miranda Marrs does and amazing job! We paid $250 for the photo session. You have the option to buy prints (which are amazing!) or you can buy a CD like we did. I think she offers them in low, medium and high resolution based on your needs. She is based out of Lindsay Tx, but travels if need be. I think she charges $50 travel fee if its in Dallas area, but we met her in Denton to avoid the fee, since its only 45 min. from where she is.

Here is her website if you are still needing a photographer. Best of luck. :) 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Perrysportraits.com. Great prices and Tammy is very personable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • https://www.facebook.com/Casseylynnphotography

Cassey shot our engagement photos and does a great job! She gives excellent direction, is easy to work, and has amazing prices. She charged us $125 for a two hour session and gave us access to our images via Dropbox to do as we wished with them.
  • Jenn Allen 469-358-8101

or Matt Henry with Saltbox wearesaltbox.com

• jadenkelanjadenkelan member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2014
  • Did anyone else notice that the first post for this was over a year ago?  Who dug this up?  LOL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards