Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Menu - what do you think?

We're doing plated meals... chicken, fish, and veggie option for about 270 people. How do these sound to everyone? 

Stuffed Airline Chicken Breast (what does "Airline Chicken" even mean?? No idea. I'm listing it as "stuffed chicken" on our website, haha)
Organic Free Range Chicken Stuffed with Creamy Boursin Cheese,
Parma Proscuitto Ham, Fresh Baby Spinach, Wild Mushroom Sherry Cream

Scottish Salmon
Pan seared, with Lemon Beurre Blanc and Tomato Bruschetta

Pesto Pasta Primavera
Penne Pasta Tossed with Fresh Vegetables, Light Pesto
Vegetable Broth with Toasted Pine Nuts, Spring Onions
and Fresh Grated Parmesan

Entrées Include Garden Salad, Chef’s Selection of Fresh Seasonal Vegetable and Potato Du Jour
(1) Warm Roll per Person with Butter

We have a few vegetarians coming but as far as I know, no vegans (but if there are any, I'm SURE they'll be quick to let us know). I do have one friend who (as of last week) is not eating gluten, dairy, or "commercial" eggs... I'm thinking we may just come up with a special exception for her dish but not list it in the main offerings. They don't have any gluten-free/dairy-free options on their regular banquet menu besides beef tenderloin, which is out of our price range (and she'd still need to request the veggies and potatoes with no butter anyway). Kids will get organic chicken nuggets, buttered noodles, and vegetable, with a fruit cup instead of a salad. 

Re: Menu - what do you think?

• "Airline Chicken" is a sort of cut where the bone protrudes from the side of the breast. I think the options sound yummy, I would have a hard time choosing one!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • "Airline Chicken" is a sort of cut where the bone protrudes from the side of the breast. I think the options sound yummy, I would have a hard time choosing one!
    Ahhh ok! I guess I could have googled that. :) Thanks!

• I am a fan!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Mmmm those look tasty!

• Are you listing descriptions on your website?  Just so people know the chicken also contains pork.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • All of that sounds fabulous! I'd definitely have a hard time choosing which one I wanted!
  • mysticl said:
    Are you listing descriptions on your website?  Just so people know the chicken also contains pork.  
    Yes, the website will list exactly what I posted here.

• I always go for the chicken option.  Except when there's mushrooms involved.  I HATE mushrooms.  The sauce would be a deal breaker.   Do your guests need to check which entree they want when they RSVP?  If so, I would hope the details are on there.....many people don't look at wedding websites.

I also hate salmon.  Good thing I like penne pasta.  :D
  • "Airline chicken" makes me think of airplane food - small, tough, oversalted, and cold, lol. Nice to know it's something different.
  • I would likely go with the Salmon. The chicken sounds awesome, but I hate mushrooms. LOL
  • "Airline chicken" makes me think of airplane food - small, tough, oversalted, and cold, lol. Nice to know it's something different.
    @rebeccab88 this is why I wanted to just call it "stuffed chicken," I thought the same thing! lol

I should have probably just done a poll about what percentage of the general population hates mushrooms. They will be detailed out on the website, and while I know everyone doesn't visit them, I would HOPE anyone super picky will check first. The insert will direct people to the website for menu details.

@mrsmarende and @joane2012 do these sound better? That stuffed chicken sounded SO GOOD to me, but I love mushrooms and ham and spinach and cheese and, well, everything in it. :) I know mushrooms are divisive though; FI hates them, and I have no idea how many of his family love/loathe them. Our other options are:

Airline Chicken Breast (again with the airline...)
    Fire roasted red pepper sauce, Basil Pesto, warm marinated
    White bean & wilted Arugula Salad

Chicken Framboise (I do know I have friends who hate raspberries...)
    Sautéed Chicken Breast with Herbed Chevre Cheese Medallion,
    Chambord Butter Sauce, Fresh Raspberries and Toasted Almonds

(Sorry for the random capitalization in all these; I'm copying and pasting from their menu.)

I wonder if the venue will allow people to order things without sauce...

• This one sounds good, but I would likely go with the salmon still. 

Airline Chicken Breast (again with the airline...)

Overall I think your first Chicken dish sounds better than the 2nd two. I don't like mushrooms, but I think most people do. If not you have another option that they can go with. 
  • Lolo8383 said:
    "Airline chicken" makes me think of airplane food - small, tough, oversalted, and cold, lol. Nice to know it's something different.
    @rebeccab88 this is why I wanted to just call it "stuffed chicken," I thought the same thing! lol

I should have probably just done a poll about what percentage of the general population hates mushrooms. They will be detailed out on the website, and while I know everyone doesn't visit them, I would HOPE anyone super picky will check first. The insert will direct people to the website for menu details.

@mrsmarende and @joane2012 do these sound better? That stuffed chicken sounded SO GOOD to me, but I love mushrooms and ham and spinach and cheese and, well, everything in it. :) I know mushrooms are divisive though; FI hates them, and I have no idea how many of his family love/loathe them. Our other options are:

Airline Chicken Breast (again with the airline...)

Chicken Framboise (I do know I have friends who hate raspberries...)
    Sautéed Chicken Breast with Herbed Chevre Cheese Medallion,
    Chambord Butter Sauce, Fresh Raspberries and Toasted Almonds

(Sorry for the random capitalization in all these; I'm copying and pasting from their menu.)

I wonder if the venue will allow people to order things without sauce...
    @lolo8383 - I love anything with a kick, so the fire roasted red pepper sauce would be right up my alley!  That said, if you have your an insert directing people to your website for menu info, I'd definitely check it out and know to not pick the mushroom chicken and would be equally happy with the pasta.  Don't sweat it.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards