Favors

Bridal shower favors

My sis is hosting a bridal shower for me.  I am having a really small shower with, at most 15 guests.  She asked me what I wanted.  We are having a Tea/ brunch.  She asked me what would be a good favor, I told her some teacups with tea packets.  She is also adding a small jar of honey and either a biscotti or a piece of shortbread.  She wanted to know what would go better with tea... biscotti, shortbread, or something else.  I have no idea, I told her I would ask all the knotties.  In case the bridal shower guests did not want a tea kit, she decided to have half teacup favors and the other half potted plants in a teacup looking planter. So which would you do for the tea favors... biscotti, shortbread, or other? She also asked me how many prizes should I have for a group of this size.  I, again, had no idea what to tell her.  We are not playing any shower games ( I absolutely hate them.)  Just thought I would ask you girls so I can give her a number.  Thanks, ladies.

Re: Bridal shower favors

• If you are not playing shower games, why would there be a need for prizes?

I personally would choose one favor and keep it uniform.  There is no way of knowing which guest would select which favor.  What if more guests prefer the potted plant and there are not enough? In either case, someone will go home with a "less than favorable" favor.  

I would stick with the tea/honey/shortbread (my vote) favor.  You can almost be assured that the honey and shortbread at the very least will be used.  
  • mobkaz said:

If you are not playing shower games, why would there be a need for prizes?

I personally would choose one favor and keep it uniform.  There is no way of knowing which guest would select which favor.  What if more guests prefer the potted plant and there are not enough? In either case, someone will go home with a "less than favorable" favor.  

I would stick with the tea/honey/shortbread (my vote) favor.  You can almost be assured that the honey and shortbread at the very least will be used.  
    Door prizes?

I would also agree honey/shortbread is the way to go. Though I also personally love the potted plant too.

Anniversary
  • Sis was going to have door prizes. We might play board games, but we might have so much fun just visiting that we forget any games
  • edited March 2014
    I would just do one favor also. Tea cups with honey and shortbread would be very nice. If she's already bought the planters and plants, she could use those for door prizes or center pieces. I've never been to a shower where there were prizes for the guests.

• I like MariePoppy's idea of the plants for door prizes!  I would even skip the tea cups (honestly, I wouldn't keep one random teacup) and just pair some nice tea with some biscotti in cute wrapping and be done.
  • At my shower there were no games and no prizes.  The hosts had a potted plant centerpiece on each table and had those as door prizes.  I think the person at each table with the birthday closest to the day of the shower "won" the plant.
  • I would never use the teacups, either. Sis got them on clearance and they were cheaper than the favor boxes and tied the favor in nicely.  They even come with a ribbon to keep everything in so no need for ribbon either.  WIN WIN! Lol
  • I am pretty sure I won't make my sister who is just getting back on her feet, financially, pay $159 for a tea party starter kit. Why do I think you are a vendor?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards