Moms and Maids

Sean Lowe's mother

After watching the wedding of Sean and Catherine Lowe, I absolutely loved his mother's dress.  It was off the shoulder, grey and very ethereal.  Have tried everything to find any info possible.  Would love to purchase for myself to wear at my daughter's June, 2014 wedding.  You ladies are the absolute best at tracking down info, so if anyone knows who designer/series was, it would be most appreciated.  Thanks ladies:)

Re: Sean Lowe's mother

• I ask the Attire & Accessories board.  They are really good at finding dresses.  Also, think about checking out the weekly magazines like People - they may have a full spread of photos this week and may have a mention of who designed the dress.  Good luck!
  • Thanks so much for responding.  I really appreciate your kindness.  Have posted on Attire & Accessories as well.  Will also check out People. 
  • nothing comes up in google, so if it was not designer specific (as in a top designer) it may not be broadcasted as to "who she wore" or where it came from.  I have not seen the wedding yet and could not find a picture, but maybe in the next week or two more info will surface regarding it. 

Anniversary
  • you are so kind. I really appreciate that you've tried to help.  I finally found a picture, unfortunately, not a very clear one.  Cannot be seen on photo, but was off the shoulder.  Thanks again:)

Reception

• Sean's sister has a blog: http://mixandmatchmama.blogspot.com/

She wrote all about the wedding so I'm sure she would tell you if you emailed her or left a blog comment

• mollyt19  - thanks so much for the information.  I e-mailed Sean's sister and she was gracious enough to e-mail back.  It seems her mom purchased the dress at Nordstrom's in September. Unfortunately, it is a discontinued style.  Just my luck.  LOL.  It was by Adrienna Papell.  The hunt continues. 

Again, thank you for your kindness!

• momrose02 said:

After watching the wedding of Sean and Catherine Lowe, I absolutely loved his mother's dress.  It was off the shoulder, grey and very ethereal.  Have tried everything to find any info possible.  Would love to purchase for myself to wear at my daughter's June, 2014 wedding.  You ladies are the absolute best at tracking down info, so if anyone knows who designer/series was, it would be most appreciated.  Thanks ladies:)

Who?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• momrose02 said:

Who?
    My thoughts exactly.

• Maggie & PrettyGirl, OP was talking about the Bachelor wedding that was 2 Sundays ago.
  • I love Adrienna Papell, keep an eye out for similar ones that pop up at Nordstrom's. Also they'll send them to you for free, and if you don't like it you can also return them for free. 

• Ladies I found the dress.  It was actually Tadashi Shoji.  I ordered at Nordstroms.  Unfortunately, when it arrived, it just didn't work.  Fabric looked like it would pull and unravel. Thank you for all your help.  I must say looking for MOB dresses has been a nightmare.  Have gone to three different bridal shops.  I am size normally size 10 in regular clothes. Very difficult to see what I look like if they only have size 6 or size 18 as their MOB samples.  I don't want anything with a jacket since it will be in June outside and weather can get quite warm in Pennsylvania. 

I have purchased two dresses in the past two weeks.  One at Bloomingdales which is Tadashi Shoji 3T1430LX which can be seen on New York Dress company.com in Blue with ivory under the lace.  The other gown was purchased at Nordstrom by Adrianna Papell and has quite a bit of beading which may be too much for summer wedding. 

Where have your mothers had success dress shopping?  Thanks to all of you for your kindness. 

• My mom bought her last two MOB's dresses at Boscovs.  She did have jackets with them, but it's always possible that you just don't wear the jacket.  Your in PA, do you live near the King of Prussia mall?  The Nordstrom's there had a large dress section.  If you are looking for a summery dress, you may need to wait another month until summery styles come out.
  • both my mom and my MIL found their dresses at Macy's.  I had a June wedding as well, and they were both chiffon, lightweight.  They both looked gorgeous.  My mom found hers before christmas, and my MIL had a harder time finding something she liked but finally found the perfect dress for her a few weeks before the wedding. 

Anniversary
  • My mom found a dress at a Davids Bridal in Florida when she was there on business, actually. It was a really pretty blue that looked just gorgeous on her. It was on sale for (I think) $80.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Thanks ladies, you're always so helpful.  I found the dress at Bloomingdales.  It's lightweight and very comfortable. 
  • My mom got her dress at Neiman Marcus.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards