Snarky Brides

Problems with Guests

2»

Re: Problems with Guests

• AddieL73 said:
    I still want to know what you're going to do if it happens since you said you're "not allowing that shit at my wedding!"
    I've thought about it. I'll probably the guest to leave, or have someone else do it for me. But then again, when the day comes I probably won't have the balls to do it.
  • AddieL73 said:
    I still want to know what you're going to do if it happens since you said you're "not allowing that shit at my wedding!"
    I've thought about it. I'll probably the guest to leave, or have someone else do it for me. But then again, when the day comes I probably won't have the balls to do it.
    You would ask one of your guests to leave over wearing jeans?!?!?!?!?!
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • AddieL73 said:
    This is not about balls. This is about being proper. You should NEVER ask a guest to leave over their attire and your pisspoor attitude and high standards.
  • jenniferursjenniferurs member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    Oh good lord.
  • Wow. You'd ask people to leave your wedding for wearing jeans? You're a peach. 

Here are 2 of my guests in jeans.  THOSE BASTARDS. LOOK HOW THEY RUINED MY DAY!!!!! 

I may never get over the horror. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Well, if you ask people to leave because they're not dressed to your standards, the plus side is that you'll spend your first year of marriage not having to worry about entertainment.

No one will want to still be your friend and you won't get asked out anywhere so all you'll have to do is sit at home alone and contemplate how your rude behaviour put aesthetics over people and now you rightly have no friends.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • AddieL73 said:
  • Look, I personally am on the I hate jeans at weddings category, but there's not really any polite way to say it. It's flat out rude to tell people how to dress, perhaps the snarkyness from your guests is because you told them it was semi-casual. People wearing jeans won't "ruin your wedding." Nobody can possibly ruin your wedding unless you let it. At the end of the day you'll be married to your best friend and your guests who wear jeans will simply look silly and out of place but that's on them not you. Perhaps you can indicate on your wedding site what type of venue it's at and the atmosphere but you can't do anything else about that.
  • AddieL73 said:
    Wow. You'd ask people to leave your wedding for wearing jeans? You're a peach. 

Here are 2 of my guests in jeans.  THOSE BASTARDS. LOOK HOW THEY RUINED MY DAY!!!!! 

I may never get over the horror. 

I assume they are kneeling to ask forgiveness?
  • AddieL73 said:
    I assume they are kneeling to ask forgiveness?

Of course. Those peasants knew that I couldn't allow that shit at my wedding!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Try not to let this stress you OP. I know right now it seems like a big deal, but in the grand scheme of things you wont be effected by what your guests wear. 
  • If people wearing jeans "ruins" your day...you're doing it wrong. Enjoy the day and focus on each other and being around people you love. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Are you sure your FFIL wasn't trying to screw with your head?  I hope so, because I would be embarassed if my FFIL tried to show up in jeans.    That being said, you cannot get upset about what people wear at your wedding(unless someone shows up in a white ballgown, then you are allowed a 5 minute freak out in private).

The only possible polite option you have is to have your FI invite his father to be fitted for a tux with the rest of the groomsmen.  Pretend he never said he was wearing jeans and just say something like "We're going on Saturday and then getting drinks afterwards, you can get fitted too" and hope that goes well.   If it doesn't you are screwed and have to grin and bear it.  My FFIL wanted to wear a kilt to my wedding to represent his Scottish heritage.   You just have to smile about it and laugh about it in 10 years.

I have a friend who got married almost 7 years ago.   She had this amazing picture of her and her dad walking down the aisle.   It was stunning.   A normal person would have that picture up in her home.   My friend refuses to put it up because someone on her groom's side wore a polo shirt and is standing at the end of the pew in the church.   My friend claims it ruins the picture and hates this guy for ruining her wedding.   Don't be my friend.  Don't ignore the beauty of the day because of some flaws.

• My FGrandFIN will wear jeans and flannel to my more formal wedding. My grandfather will probably wear a tux. I freaked for maybe a day but got over it. Who cares? Yea, in the pictures it might look silly but theres no changing my FGFIL. FMIL already told me, "he is who is he and he's set in his ways" when I asked if he wanted to go to the tux fitting with FI to possibly get a jacket. My side of the family will definitely side eye him, but that's none of my business nor my problem. There are bigger things to worry about :)

imageimage

• Man, I'm always here worrying about dressing wayy too fancy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards