Not Engaged Yet

post-DST Monday chatter

anyone else dead to the world today?

last night, I couldn't fall asleep.  then Bax woke us up at 4:37 AM with nuclear fishbutt (his anal glands get stopped up and we have to clean them out, isn't that grand??).  I was so hungry that I couldn't fall back asleep after that.  I poured too much milk with my coffee this morning (my hand slipped!) and forgot my badge at home so I had to turn around and go get it.  I forgot my water bottle (it's a glass one) at home, so I had to grab a dirty cup that H left in the car from the restaurant we went to on Friday night, wash it out, and use that for water.  it's got some NSFW writing on one side so I'm trying to keep it turned around so I don't get any complaints.

nothing really big is wrong, but lots of little things are just kind of "off" today.  is it just me??

Re: post-DST Monday chatter

• My schedule is SO off today!!!!!

Quigs woke up at 4am and FI let him out. Quigley was running around the yard for 45 minutes so FI went into the yard to bring him back in the house. He ended up slipping in ice and his ankle is swollen. Poor guy, I feel so bad and I hope he gets better before I leave because I'll be worried about him.

I'm just sooooo tired this morning! I'm about to drink some green tea to wake me up.

The weather says it's going to snow next Monday. I do NOT need that, ugh....

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Good morning. 

I could not get out of bed this morning. No, literally, I couldn't stand up. My calves are SO sore from skiing this weekend! 

I'm also a bit sleepy but other than those two inconveniences, I'm ok today. 

I hate hate hate dog butt juices. Lucy leaked on the front seat of our new car when we were driving to the mountains on Friday and I had to deal with the stench the rest of the ride. IT WAS MISERABLE. 

• Quigley does not get those butt juices!!!!! My mom's old dog used to, it smelled HORRIBLE.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @Swazzle - OMG I know!!  one time I scared Bax and he squirted on the carpet. I MEAN COME ON!!!  poor guy.  last night, it just kept coming and coming and H and I were both in amazement.  poor little dude, but it's 4:37 AM!!
  • O/T: I'm usually busy between like 8-10am, but I could like write a quick post on here or email, I can't do gchat or anything like that.

My MOH is ghcatting with me and has literally been talking to herself for the past hour. I just don't have time to real-talk with her. Her stories are boring too, so there's that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 - this is the first dog we've EVER had that gets impacted anal glands.  I didn't even know it was a thing.

@TwoDimes - YUM!  I had the vanilla machiatto this weekend, with a hazelnut drizzle.  it was very yummy, but not life-changing.  so far my favorite drinks there are:  Toffee Nut Latte, iced or hot Raspberry Mocha, and of course their winter flavors.  oh, and the Caramel Mocha is good.  I always ask for only half of the mocha stuff (I don't like it too sweet) and whole milk. 

BTW, does anyone remember when SBUX served the Dark Cherry Mocha???  it was a few years ago (I was in college I think) but it was DELISH.  it even has a FB page, wut??  LINK
  • just wanted to add that I'm fixing my weird morning by jamming out to Michael Buble. (sorry for the weird spacing)

• I'm so glad my dogs don't have issues with their glands - except they do have long fur and can have um... other potty related issues.

I'm dead to the world today - I don't feel like being at work, I have such a negative attitude today.  My house is a mess, I slept horrible, I have lots of deadlines today and am still the only member of my team in - my whole body hurts, I'm super upset at FI's brother (and I'm not sure that FI gets it).  Sorry for my whining - I just need a day off (make that 2 days - one to sleep and one to clean) and I don't see that happening for another 2-3 weeks.

Anniversary
  • @cocobellaf my mom's dog used to scoot her ass across the carpet and my mom would be like "who the hell is eating salami????" It was the dog.

Quigley scoots across the floor, but the vet checked him out and there's nothing wrong. We think he just likes to do it for attention. We call it his "party trick"

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @Dignity100 - I am totally there with you on most of that.  however, I do have a lady coming in to do a deep clean on Wednesday, so I'm just living with the messy house.  I have to get things picked up before our ESL class tomorrow night, but I'm not even worrying about cleaning.  maybe that's an option!  I always recommend getting a house cleaning if you can afford it when you're feeling stressed and behind.  there's just nothing like it.  :)
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@CocoBellaF That's awful! I think Cinders got stopped up one time but she must have released it on her own because the smell was gone the next morning. My uncles dogs get butt juices and he always tells us hilariously disgusting stories about them!

I feel ok today but tired. Yesterday I had the worst hangover of my life and it lasted nearly the entire day! I didn't think I had THAT much to drink at our party the night before...more than usual yes but nothing overly excessive so I must've done something else that day like not eating enough or drinking enough water and it totally screwed me over. I even threw up in my mom's car on the way back from the cake tasting that didn't happen (the baker forgot to make our tasting cakes...probably for the best...I probably would've barfed all over those too). At least our party was a huge success and everyone had a good time! But seriously...I need a second Sunday to recover from trying to recover from a hangover yesterday...uggghhhhh...

• @lmhollister - OMG.  that is quite the hangover.  glad you didn't barf all over the tasting.  yuck!

@buddysmom80 - Quigley needs to work on his party trick!  ;)  there are better ones out there, little guy!!
  • @CocoBellaF - So jealous that you have somebody doing your cleaning for you!  Loki won't let anybody in the house besides FI and my parents (he doesn't even allow my brother to enter - but sometimes that is good judgement on Loki's part :-) ).  Right now everything is melting and muddy and my dogs have HUGE feet and they don't let me thoroughly wipe their paws before coming back in... UHG - what a mess.  I can't wait for 'dry-season' to get here again.

Anniversary
  • @Dignity100 - we have muddy paw prints all over our back tile in the kitchen, too.  I put a big towel at the back door and catch them as they come through.  if their paws are really muddy, I just carry them into the bathroom and give them a "paw bath"... rinse their paws until the water runs clear.  glad they are little dogs!
  • Some of this talk about dog but juices never makes me want to get a dog, ever ever....

I had a pretty good weekend.  I had to be at the theater to run concessions Friday night, the show was boring but I got to see a few friends I haven't seen in awhile. Saturday we ran errands and went wedding band shopping. We talked to a local jewler and he is going to replicate the ring I love for 40% less, he said I'm under no obligation to buy it, if I don't like he will put it into his stock of wedding bands to sell.  I'm so excited to see what he does.  I hope he is able to replicate the ring pretty well.  I found another ring that I liked as well, if the custom ring doesn't work out.

Then on Sunday we went to church talked to the organist about music for the wedding and stayed in the rest of the day.  FI was working on the kitchen again and I spent the day going over my lines.  The weekend went by way too fast I can't believe it's Monday again. 

Anniversary

• This whole weekend has kicked my butt. DST was a small-ish part of it, but I think the bigger part was staying up until 4 a.m. Saturday night/Sunday morning at BF's friend's birthday party. Never again. It was an okay party, but I definitely could have left at midnight and been fine.

Ellie-cat also hates it when my sleep schedule gets screwed up, so she kept messing with my sleep last night.

I had my eyebrows waxed on Saturday and I'm scared the lady took too much off. If I posted a photo, would you all be willing to lie and tell me they look fine? Or tell me how I get the outer edges to show up better?
  • post it, @KeptInStitches!  maybe it's just different than you're used to and looks fine.  :)
  • that's exciting, @Peaseblossom55 - I hope it's exactly what you want!
  • @twodimes Thanks I hope so too!  He didn't say how long it would take either as far as I rememeber anyway so I'll be anxious until then..

Anniversary

• @KeptInStitches - Post a pic! I have a thing with eyebrows. My regular waxer wasn't available a couple months ago and I desperately needed them done so I sucked it up and went to someone new. I actually cried when I left because they were so thin. I was an over-plucker when I was younger and it took me a really long time to grow them out to normal. Now when I see someone with overly thin or insanely arched eyebrows  (or worse, when they look like sperms) I cringe and wonder if it was an accident. 

• edited March 2014
    I had a horrible time getting up this morning. All I wanted to do was sleep in! H and I got plenty of sleep this weekend but this morning I just wanted to stay there.

This weekend was nice because we got to play outside a lot and go hang out with some friends at H's friend's surprise bday party. 

We played disc golf again Saturday after and I have improved... Last week when we played I sucked immensely but this week I felt I could throw the frisbee a bit further! I was happy, especially since I played on my college frisbee team and I rocked 4 years ago... not anymore.

I also improved on my 5k time by 30 seconds lol. I can now run a 5k in 27:50. My previous time was 28:20. It's an improvement so I'm happy. I'm doing a 10K this weekend so we shall see how that goes.

ETA: We also saw the new 300 movie on Friday and it's gross. I wouldn't recommend it unless you like the gore and guts kind of movies.
  • LOVE the headband, @lmhollister!!! 

I still wear my hair jewelry from my wedding on special occasions.  it's just so pretty and sparkly and I can't help it!
  • labrolabro member
    @CocoBellaF Thank you! Haha I feel like I may end up doing the same thing! I can't wait to see it in person.

• I'm working from home today, because I worked all weekend, and really needed to get some things done around the house (aka I didn't have clean work clothes to wear even if I wanted to go to work haha). Luckily, it's spring break, so no one is around, and there isn't much going on anyway, so I can get some work done & get caught up to DST. 

Violet doesn't have butt juices. I guess I should be really really happy about that. haha. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @BriSox81 - totally jealous you're working from home today!
  • @lmhollister I love the headband. Etsy has been my friend a lot of wedding stuff. I am looking for a wedding barrette right now off of their too, I found a few this weekend.

Anniversary

• @lmhollister - I absolutely ADORE that headband!! So gorgeous!! 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• labrolabro member
    @peaseblossom55 and @BriSox81 Thank you! I'll let you know how it looks in person! The seller has great reviews so I'm sure it will be beautiful. @pease Good luck looking for a barette! It's so hard to narrow down what you're looking for on Etsy...there are SO many options!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards