Connecticut

Bring Your Own Caterer Venues ?

jocelyneileenjocelyneileen member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited March 2014 in Connecticut
Hello Knotties!! 

My fiance and I are recently engaged (2/5/14!!) and we are looking for the "perfect venue".  Does anyone have any suggestions of BYC/BYOB venues? 

I've looked at all the places I could find both here and on wedding wire, wedding bee, and rustic bride, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask!  

Ideally the site fee would be $4k or less - thanks! 

xox

Re: Bring Your Own Caterer Venues ?

• Congratulations!! Try looking at the following: tarrywile mansion, lounsbury house, Webb barn... Those were the top three in my search!
  • edited March 2014
    @Aimie425 suggest I'd saw the Webb Barn, I am actually getting married there in May and they fit both of the criteria you listed above, and depending your catering you may be able to BYOB or have them provide.

Congrats!
  • thanks ladies!
  • Lighthouse Point in New Haven fits all the criteria!
  • testas in southington offers  a package where you can bring your own food in by a licenced cater but i think its only for ethnic weddings though
  • pinnacle view
    counting down to the big day
  • Wickham Park in Manchester.  We brought in our own caterer and our own booze.
    We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • Branford House in Groton is amazing and gorgeous! They're in season site fee is $4000 - $4500 but $2500i ish in season! Definitely worth looking into.
  • thank you all!
  • We got married at the Webb Barn and it was amazing. $3,500 site fee, for a Saturday.
  • We're getting married at the Scandinavian Club in Fairfield which has a very reasonable fee. Here's my list of unique venues in Fairfield County that I rarely see listed. I'm pretty sure these fit your criteria, too: 
    • The Fairfield Historical Society, Fairfield
    • Burr Mansion, Fairfield
    • The Beardsley Zoo Carousel Room, Bridgeport
    • Downtown Cabaret, Bridgeport
    • Gallagher Mansion, Norwalk 
    • The Stamford Nature Center, and our rehearsal dinner venue 
    • The Discovery Museum, Bridgeport 

Just remember to leave plenty of room in your budget for rentals; depending on the place you might need a tent, linens, chairs, plates, glasses, silverware etc. and that can quickly turn a $30 a head catering tab to a $60 a head catering tab. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards