June 2014 Weddings

Getting Closer: What is your biggest still To do?

2»

Re: Getting Closer: What is your biggest still To do?

• Finally got flowers ordered only other big thing is fittings, ordering my daughters dress and my H and sons vest, and figuring out centerpieces
  • I had my hair and make up trial this morning and they went great.  So I booked them this morning!! Yay no more vendors to book

Anniversary

• I had my hair and make up trial this morning and they went great.  So I booked them this morning!! Yay no more vendors to book
    I hope mine turns out as well.  It is in 2 weeks…fingers crossed.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • As of today...

I've been addressing invitations. Every couple weeks getting a sheet of stamps for invites and one for rsvps. I only have 12 left to do so I'll do that in a couple weeks. I would recommend addressing them in small groups, by the time I've done 20 invite envelopes and 20 rsvp envelopes my hand is tired lol

I've given fmil envelopes with money for vendors and she's put them in the fireproof safe. Everything is ALMOST paid for.

I still have to get shoes for me, but I know the ones I want so I just have to order them. 

Jason needs to purchase my wedding ring.

I'm in the process of buying bridesmaids' gifts...2 down. I know what everyone is getting, just have to buy them.

Jason needs to start buying his wedding clothes. He'll probably put it off til the week before.

Final flower order was shipped last week so I should get that this week.

I think that's it, really.

I'm so on top of things that I feel like I should be more stressed about things. LOL

OH...on March 9 our officiant (Jason's cousin), 2 bridesmaids, and I are getting matching tattoos. Everyone is doing it, but we've had scheduling conflicts and since cousin is coming from out of town, those of us available that day will get it then. So excited :)
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• ahyatt87ahyatt87 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    I just finished addressing all our invitations yesterday @CheleLyn! It feels so good to have that done early :)

I feel stressed because how many little things I still have to do: purchase garter, finalize ceremony music, purchase wedding party gifts (I know what I'm getting my girls, but FI sill has figure out what to get his guys), I pick up my wedding band today, one GM still needs to get his attire, make the day-of intinerary...I should probably get off The Knot now, lol
  • Well I had a long engagement so planning has been a breeze. I love that I have so many personal touches and things that I have made or designed myself that will be present throughout the whole day. I have all my Major things done except to get linens. At this point I'm thinking of just buying them since its cheaper than renting and I can always use them again.

-Invitations were printed last week and I got them stuffed over the weekend, they turned out awesome (I designed them myself.) I also finished my bouquet.

next are the little things. As I am finding out they kinda add up.

-ordering gifts and favors that I already have picked out
    -finalizing transportation 
    -printing labels for invitations which is a breeze since all i have to do is import the addresses from my guest list 
    -complete my day of timeline 

Oh it's getting real... Come one June 21
    ~Bangin' Bride-to-Be~
  • We got a ton done this weekend. We are doing a last minute re-plan. On Friday we met with a photography company but thought they were a bit overpriced so we decided to keep looking if we could. On Saturday we looked at a couple venues and picked one that we're very happy with. We did a tasting from their Hawaiian themed BBQ and loved it. We did have to push our date back a week, but oh well. 

On Sunday we went to a bridal show. FI didn't want to go but now we're really glad he did. We talked to a couple photographers that we weren't crazy about and started to panic a bit, found one that we really liked but they were booked and they recommended another booth that was there so we went over and they had the date open!!! They will end up being about as much money as the first place we looked into but we like the work so much better, and it was a couple instead of a team of random photographers, and they were having a $500 off special. 

Then we talked to some DJs and again panicked because I was thinking a DJ would be around $500 but a lot were $1000+. At the last minute we found one that was also having a $500 off special, bringing their price into our range. Yay!

Our venue has a specific bakery that they go through but even their cupcakes are $3.50 apiece. We found a bakery there that makes plain ones for $1 or fancy filled ones for $1.30. Since they're cupcakes the venue won't charge a cutting fee so we can use them. We'll have a tiny cake for us on top of a tower with cupcakes underneath. That was my plan all along but I'm really happy to have found a baker that will do it for a much more reasonable price. Otherwise we were just going to get some at a store but I didn't really want to do that.

So all the big stuff is out of the way. I will be making and sending out invitations next week over my spring break. We both feel so much better getting all that done! Thank GOD we went to that bridal show!!!
  • FiancB said:
    We got a ton done this weekend. We are doing a last minute re-plan. On Friday we met with a photography company but thought they were a bit overpriced so we decided to keep looking if we could. On Saturday we looked at a couple venues and picked one that we're very happy with. We did a tasting from their Hawaiian themed BBQ and loved it. We did have to push our date back a week, but oh well. 

On Sunday we went to a bridal show. FI didn't want to go but now we're really glad he did. We talked to a couple photographers that we weren't crazy about and started to panic a bit, found one that we really liked but they were booked and they recommended another booth that was there so we went over and they had the date open!!! They will end up being about as much money as the first place we looked into but we like the work so much better, and it was a couple instead of a team of random photographers, and they were having a $500 off special. 

Then we talked to some DJs and again panicked because I was thinking a DJ would be around $500 but a lot were $1000+. At the last minute we found one that was also having a $500 off special, bringing their price into our range. Yay!

Our venue has a specific bakery that they go through but even their cupcakes are $3.50 apiece. We found a bakery there that makes plain ones for $1 or fancy filled ones for $1.30. Since they're cupcakes the venue won't charge a cutting fee so we can use them. We'll have a tiny cake for us on top of a tower with cupcakes underneath. That was my plan all along but I'm really happy to have found a baker that will do it for a much more reasonable price. Otherwise we were just going to get some at a store but I didn't really want to do that.

So all the big stuff is out of the way. I will be making and sending out invitations next week over my spring break. We both feel so much better getting all that done! Thank GOD we went to that bridal show!!!
    You have been busy!  You got some great deals too!
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my biggest ones: ordering cookies and reservations for rehearsal dinner... maybe I'll do those tomorrow /bites nails
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • my biggest ones: ordering cookies and reservations for rehearsal dinner... maybe I'll do those tomorrow /bites nails
    Groan…The rehearsal dinner is causing us issue too.  No establishment will return our calls/emails.  Very frustrating!
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards