Wedding Party

Bachelorette party ideas for a small group

Hi girls,

just wondering if I might be able to draw on the wealth of expertise here for some bachelorette party ideas. I'm a bridesmaid for my friend who is getting married this summer. Her MOH lives out of state, so I'm helping her with lots of planning. The bride wants a wild, crazy party for her stagette, but the thing is I think it may be only the bride and the 3 girls standing for her (myself included) that will be attending. I was thinking night at a fun hotel, and have a spa day, dinner at her fav restaurant, drinks/gifts/games at the hotel and then head out to some nightclubs. How's that sound? I want her to have an absolutely amazing time, but I'm just worried some of the standard games you play at bachelorette parties might be kind of weird with just 4 people? I've been to bachs before, but the last one I went to had about 20 girls show up, so there were lots of people to participate in the silly games... any ideas would be really appreciated ! thanks gals xo

Re: Bachelorette party ideas for a small group

• Personally, I hate games of all sorts, whether they're at bridal showers or bachelorette parties. For my best friend's bachelorette party, we went to a part of town that has a long string of bars, and we bar hopped all night. We also rented a hotel, and I had my FI's cousin come down to do our hair and makeup before we went out. We had the same number of people you did (bride + 3 of us girls), and we all had a blast. The bride still talks about her bachelorette party even like 2 years later. Unless the bride is super into the games, I wouldn't worry about having any. 

There are bachelorette party games?

I wouldn't worry about it. I like games, but hanging out and drinking with girlfriends is entertainment enough for me, and most other people.

Anniversary
  • vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

More girls = more drama.  I think 4 girls is perfect for a fun day and night out and what you have planned sounds good.    I don't think games are necessary. 

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I've never attended a bachelorette party with games. It's always dinner/drinking at a restaurant followed by more drinking and dancing at a bar/club. If your friend wants a "wild, crazy party" then just go this route.
  • Just say no to games.

• jenni1221 said:

More girls = more drama.  I think 4 girls is perfect for a fun day and night out and what you have planned sounds good.    I don't think games are necessary. 

And this.  It is so much easier to plan a night out when you have a handful of people rather then a huge group.  I also find that I have more fun with a few people then a whole truck load.

• There will be 6 girls at my bach party. We are getting mani/pedis, going to dinner, and then doing some bar hopping. I expect it to be a blast. 
  • I actually just had my bach. party this past weekend, and one of my favorite parts was that my MOH found a mixologist who came to our hotel room and taught us how to make cocktails (I think the whole thing lasted about an hour).  It was a very very fun (and yummy) start to the evening!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We didn't play any games. My bachelorette party involved 6 people including me. First, we spent 4 amazing hours at a spa, then we went to Dick's Last Resort (a restaurant where the waiters are rude and pretty much anything goes, for those not familiar), and then to a dueling piano bar. We had an absolute blast. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • awesome ideas, thanks so much ladies. Love the idea having someone come in to do hair and make up before going out. The more I think about it, I'm starting to feel like making too many plans will make it not as much fun. Thanks a million :) I agree, I think what we have planned will still be lots of fun.

have a great day everyone:

ps KateJ: the mixologist idea is amazing! I will have to look into that for the hotel portion.. how fun would that be!
  • Oh, make sure you find out everyone's budget prior to making arrangements.

This can be a deal-breaker.

Have fun!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• thanks Teddi.. that was at the forefront, and everyone's budget will be ok with our plan. Woo! starting to get excited now :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards