Nevada-Las Vegas

Unfortunately

2»

Re: Unfortunately

• I totally agree. 

That being said, this is also a public, international forum. I'm not sure if you (not just Valerie - the general "you" of this Vegas forum) have spent time over on the Etiquette or Chit Chat boards, but there are a LOT of women who post and get offended because someone was honest and blunt with them. The way the ladies over there phrase it (and it's so true) is that we are here to tell you the honest to goodness TRUTH of what we think... you can talk to your girlfriends, family, etc. all day long but they are always very cautious of hurting feelings so may not say what they really feel. 

On a forum like this, nobody knows anyone. People post asking for advice, to vent, etc. and they get totally GENUINE, HONEST responses because that's what we are all here to do. Help each other. Some people are very blunt, but they are blunt because they CAN be and are trying to help you the best they can. 

These boards are never personal - so don't take words as a personal attack on you (or anyone else). Take the advice/help/whatever with a grain of salt, but just remember everyone here does want to help each other. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @shoebunny ~ thank you, yes our reception will be nice! it will be just what we wanted, nothing big, but small, plus we have guests flying back home a few hours after our wedding and this is just a way to cut costs. All i want to do is marry my man:) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I get that, but I just feel like the way she spoke to me was un called for and bringing up my children had nothing to do with it. I felt more like she was harassing me because she just would not stop. To me she was doing anything BUT trying to be helpful. I have been on TK for a year now and not once have a seen someone be so rude. I have seen it on other forums but that is why I stay away from those and that is also why I love the LV board because the women here always seem to be supportive. I did not feel like she was trying to help the best she could. If that were so, why didn't she stop with her 'blunt' comments when I asked her. She kept going on and on how I am being mentally abused. She read 1 post of me venting and all of a sudden I'm being mentally abused. Maybe it came off to sound like I'm some dumb woman to put up with such behavior from my FI but that is not the case in my situation. From now on I will keep my person life off of the knot and if I need to vent I know I can post it on my Facebook where everyone there knows both me and my FI well enough not to judge my relationship from a strangers point of view.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • @ValerieCruz82 I understand where you are coming from, and as you pointed out - it is from a stranger's point of view.. they really don't have anything to go off of besides the black and white typed on the forum. 

So like I said, take it with a grain of salt and get back to the fun of wedding planning! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ssteele04ssteele04 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    Alright I've had enough.... I told myself I wasn't going to fight with Valerie today, instead I said a prayer for their relationship that they can work out their problems but if you insist on bringing it up again and again then Here we go.....the word mental was used once, I just re read it again....going on and on about the mental thing ...highly doubt that. Like tcnoble said you post your problems you will get all types of answers especially on a public forum where anyone can read it, especially posting your full name as your knot name or whatever the correct term is on this forum...so as a example if someone pulled up your name and saw this it might come back on you...not that, that would happen. Now this is the SECOND post you have made about you guys having problems and not just the little oh we got in a argument about bills kind of thing and i'm only referencing from what i could see on black and white, you having second thoughts regarding marrying him, first time can be ok maybe they just had a small fight...maybe some people on here are thinking what i'm thinking but put it nicer enough to you than me whatever the case may be...what i tell all my friends who are in rocky relationships is this: everyone deserves to be happy all the time not just part of the time. Now you want to pick apart my wedding...that is fine, b/c i'm the one who is going thru with what i'm doing not you. And actually your words were "omg this girl does not stop lol" then something along the lines of leave my life alone and worry about yours...i could be wrong on those words. it was @missmo who told me to stop, when you wrote the above thing i was still replying back to you but on my phone i had to put it thru a few different times. Now the best thing that anyone can say now is on here to you in the future regarding your problems is this: go to counseling, read relationship books, read the 5 love languages, pray about your relationship if you pray and continue to plan your wedding ....and moveeeeeeee onnnnnnnnnnn
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did not bring it up I'm simply replying to the comments. I really have nothing more to say to you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards