Favors
Options

Sweets buffet signage question

I'm just curious about if it's acceptable to put a cute sign on our sweets buffet that we hope everyone makes their own bag. We are doing a table with all different kinds of sweet treats made in Chicago for our favors. We are buying enough for each guest to take one of the larger items (bottle of root beer, bag of popcorn and box of 2 mini donuts) as well as larger amounts of a variety of candies (a varied mix of types from Mars, Ferrera Pan and Tootsie Roll) 

I'm just worried couples might assume they have to do a bag together and only take one popcorn for instance. Would it be okay to do a cute sign that says something like "Love is sweet but sharing isn't. Please feel free to make an individual bag" ?

Re: Sweets buffet signage question

• Options
    edited March 2014
    i think people can figure this one out.  i would not assume i had to share with my fiance.  and treat/candy buffets are very common, so most people are familiar.

• Options
    alm&mdm said:
    I'm just curious about if it's acceptable to put a cute sign on our sweets buffet that we hope everyone makes their own bag. We are doing a table with all different kinds of sweet treats made in Chicago for our favors. We are buying enough for each guest to take one of the larger items (bottle of root beer, bag of popcorn and box of 2 mini donuts) as well as larger amounts of a variety of candies (a varied mix of types from Mars, Ferrera Pan and Tootsie Roll) 

I'm just worried couples might assume they have to do a bag together and only take one popcorn for instance. Would it be okay to do a cute sign that says something like "Love is sweet but sharing isn't. Please feel free to make an individual bag" ?
    I wouldn't worry about that....as a guest, I'd make my own bag and my DH would make his own bag.  I think you might have some confusion with guests not knowing they should only take ONE of the larger items.  As a host, I'd then feel bad when some items ran out and other guests didn't get any.  Personally, I'd stick to one "larger" item, have enough for everyone, perhaps already in the bag, and let people dish out the smaller candy.

PS - Whatever you do, I'd skip the love is sweet but sharing isn't....it just feels too negative to me, because sharing CAN be sweet.  :)
  • Options
    Thanks JoanE2012. We'll actually have extra of everything so I'm not terribly worried about people taking more than one. I mostly was worried couples might feel like they could only take 1 between them. I see a lot of posts about doing favors per couple and wasn't sure how guests view favor tables.

I do kind of like the idea of us starting the bags with the big items and then letting guests add to the bags. It's an idea to play with. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards