B- hot chocolate, oatmeal with strawberries

L-lentil, kale and mushroom soup

S-pear

D-veggie patty with green beans

S-chex mix

E-probably none

Anniversary

Re: Thursday Accountability

• B:  1 english muffin with a little whipped butter, 3 eggs, a few orange segments, coffee with a splash of whole milk

L:  beef stew with beer and paprika, 3 cuties

S:  apple and larabar

D:  garlic-yogurt baked chicken, roasted veggies

WO:  Insanity M1 D8 (Power and Resistance)
  • B - Cheerios, dry.
    L - Michelina Lean Gourmet Teriyaki chicken and rice 
    S - Pretzel crisps
    D - Turkey Bacon and scrambled eggs

E - Yoga and arm, back, and legs workout.  I didnt work out yesterday because I passed out on the couch and FI didn't wake me up until we went to bed :\
    Anniversary

• B: Pork roll, egg, and cheese on a roll and it was delicious (probably 800 pts)

L: Salad with a ton of veggies and vinegar (4)

D: Grilled buffalo chicken strips (4) with blue cheese dressing (2) over romaine

S: Strawberries and blueberries

• BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Joining in here!

B:  Two egg whites on a piece of wheat toast, low fat cheese, two slices of turkey bacon
    L:  Sesame chicken lean cuisine
    D: Turkey Burger (no bun) with avocado & salsa
    S: Pink lady apple sprinkled with cinnamon
    E: Jillian Michael's Body Revolution Cardio #1
  • just wanted to add I'm on Day 4 of "no sweets or treats".  tomorrow evening I get to have something yummy after dinner!!

oh, and I'm down to only +1 lb since I started my first Insanity a couple of months ago.  I went up about 6-7 lbs, and now I'm only up 1 lb!    pretty awesome!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@CocoBellaF Yay!! @LivLeighton Sorry your weight is doing weird things but I'm glad you've reached your January low again! Keep it up!

B: banana, 2 cups of coffee, half a bagel and cream cheese

L: Don't know yet.

D: Don't know yet. How bad is that? I am feeling very anti-cooking this week so hopefully FI is willing to throw something together. We have a bunch of frozen stuff but I just don't care enough to cook today.

E: Run/walk with the dog. Didn't go yesterday because of the 40 mile wind gusts and I didn't feel like getting hit with branches and sticks on our running trail.

• @CocoBellaF Yay!! @LivLeighton Sorry your weight is doing weird things but I'm glad you've reached your January low again! Keep it up!

D: Don't know yet. How bad is that? I am feeling very anti-cooking this week so hopefully FI is willing to throw something together. We have a bunch of frozen stuff but I just don't care enough to cook today.

E: Run/walk with the dog. Didn't go yesterday because of the 40 mile wind gusts and I didn't feel like getting hit with branches and sticks on our running trail.

On the days that I don't feel like cooking we end up ordering in. H used to cook when we first started dating/living together but once I began eating healthy I realized he can't be trusted to not full-fatten everything up! I gave him a recipe one night and caught him doubling the butter and cheese when he was making it. Sigh.

• TwoDimes said:
    Swazzle said:

@CocoBellaF Yay!! @LivLeighton Sorry your weight is doing weird things but I'm glad you've reached your January low again! Keep it up!

On the days that I don't feel like cooking we end up ordering in. H used to cook when we first started dating/living together but once I began eating healthy I realized he can't be trusted to not full-fatten everything up! I gave him a recipe one night and caught him doubling the butter and cheese when he was making it. Sigh.
    My BF is the same way. I do most of the cooking, but sometimes I'll say to BF, "Can you please figure out dinner tonight?" And to him, "figuring out dinner" is either going out, ordering in, or cooking an incredibly calorie-laden feast. There's nothing healthy about it, EVER.
    It must be a guy thing. FI is the same way. I do the cooking because I know how to cook healthy and substitute things. FI doesn't care to cook healthy. If I can't make dinner and ask him to, its either pasta or pizza :\ Usually pizza.
    Anniversary

• my H will sometimes cook if I've bought everything and have all the ingredients and it's not too complicated... but more often than not, he'll just suggest going out somewhere, too.
  • TwoDimes said:
    Swazzle said:

My BF is the same way. I do most of the cooking, but sometimes I'll say to BF, "Can you please figure out dinner tonight?" And to him, "figuring out dinner" is either going out, ordering in, or cooking an incredibly calorie-laden feast. There's nothing healthy about it, EVER.
    It must be a guy thing. FI is the same way. I do the cooking because I know how to cook healthy and substitute things. FI doesn't care to cook healthy. If I can't make dinner and ask him to, its either pasta or pizza :\ Usually pizza.
    It's been so long since H cooked that I'm pretty sure he doesn't know how to anymore. 

• I let the anxiety over quiting my job get the better of me this week but I'm back on track today.  I'm also going to try a week with no grains or beans and more salad.  I'm feeling bloated.

B: Hard boiled eggs (2)

L: Chicken salad with BBQ dressing and cheddar cheese

D: Chicken salad with FF Ranch and goat cheese

S: Wine

E: 45 minutes with trainer (full body), 10 minute walk/jog

• B- Oatmeal

L- Leftover Beef Stew

D- More leftover beef stew

E- CrossFit
  • @southernpeach89 - Do you have a recipe for your beef stew?

• @Swazzle- Yes, I got it from this blog that gives you recipes for 365 days a year and grocery lists, it's quite amazing:
  • @Swazzle- Yes, I got it from this blog that gives you recipes for 365 days a year and grocery lists, it's quite amazing:
    Thank you!

• @Swazzle and @southernpeach89 - try Pioneer Woman's Beef Stew with Beer and Paprika.  I added frozen peas with the potatoes at the end.  it's insanely good!
  • FI's idea of cooking is putting a pizza in the oven or putting food on an oven tray.  He can make a good vegetarian chili, but it involved dumping the ingredients into a crock pot and stirring occaisionally. Although he is now back on nutra system so he is heating up and steaming vegetables now on regular basis.

Anniversary

• I so lucked out w/ FI, as he is the cook 90% of the time AND he is relatively health conscious. 

And @CocoBellaF - all things Pioneer Woman are yum!!

B- oatmeal (boring)
    L- low sodium black bean soup (boring)
    S- ricey poof things (boring)
    D- shrimp salad w/ lime cumin dressing (not so boring)
    E- barre class (my last one on the month promo. tear)
    C- wine (to celebrate making it through a month of barre classes)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @Swazzle @peaseblossom55 @CocoBellaF FI is actually a pretty decent cook. But his cooking drives me nuts because he just throws stuff together and doesn't follow a recipe or go into it with a plan. I always cook with a plan and an outcome in mind and that's how I grocery shop too. He doesn't always cook the super healthiest of meals but he definitely doesn't double the butter and cheese in a recipe either.

• @Swazzle and @southernpeach89 - try Pioneer Woman's Beef Stew with Beer and Paprika.  I added frozen peas with the potatoes at the end.  it's insanely good!
    I will check it out! 

I discovered that Steam Fresh now has recipe ready veggies. The other night I made stir fry with the bag of stir fry veggies and it was AWESOME.

• edited March 2014
    Woke up late, 2pm...I'm not happy about it.

L: Not sure where SO and I are going for his lunch. Regardless I'll get a salad, with blue cheese dressing.

D: I'll cook either chicken or steak. With no salt seasonings.

Exercise goal: Cleaning the house....I need higher ceilings to do yoga and my workout videos unfortunately.

Sleeping goal: Tomorrow I have work at 9 am, so in bed by 12am. That'll give me 7.5 hours of sleep.

Food goal: 1250 calories, mostly veggies and lean proteins.

SO is on a low sodium diet for his hypertension...he's only 20 and he has hypertension! Too much junk and not enough exercise. So proud of him though. This month he has kept himself on track and rides a bike to work now.

Edit: apparently I didn't proof read it and an entire sentence made no sense.
  • B: Yogurt with raspberries and honey

S: Cheese and crackers (didn't have time for lunch)

D: Ramen noodles. Diet fail.

S: Rotisserie chicken

E: Probably none

I have to say that I'm proud of myself for not reaching for a bag of doritos or a soda on this incredibly hectic day at work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards