Maine
Options

Inexpensive Reception Venues in Bar Harbor Area

I'm getting married at Acadia National park in August. There will be 30-40 guests, and my fiancee and I are broke, so we're trying to have a reception that's as inexpensive as possible. We're trying to keep the reception budget under $1000 TOTAL for rental fee, food and drinks. Right now this seems a bit impossible, and I've spent many hours looking up venues, but I don't know the area well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Inexpensive Reception Venues in Bar Harbor Area

• Options
    If you haven't checked out area restaurants you might want to start now because summer is a very busy time in Bar Harbor. I wouldn't think you would have a hard time finding a restaurant to accomodate that many people for a dinner, but not sure you could offer everyone free drinks too, or maybe just a glass of wine for a toast. Check out some of the places that have dancing at night and you may be able to tie everything in at once very reasonably. Good luck and let us know how you make out!
  • Options
    KLMAMMKLMAMM member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2014
    Here's a place touted by TripAdvisor:  

Lompoc Café is a restaurant and pub that has appeared in The New York Times as a top recommended restaurant and in Gourmet Magazine as a place to not miss when visiting Bar Harbor. The Café, however, is not just a restaurant. It’s also a place to go in the evening to enjoy all types of live music on Friday and Saturday nights. The music varies by day but can include jazz, rock, folk, and just about everything else.

• Options
    Thanks for the idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards