Not Engaged Yet

Weekend!!!!!

Yes, I'm at work at 5:30 this morning, but all for good reasons!!!!!!

What are your plans for this weekend?

Today I leave work at 2pm, and pick up @swazzle from the train station. From there, we'll go buy cupcakes, head to my house to grab my luggage (since the parking garage at my job is notorious for break-ins oh and pudding shots are in my freezer) then we head to @csousa1's house! I'm only staying one night, I'm so sad. :(

Saturday I leave, and then I have to run to the grocery store for lasagna. Get home hopefully before the parents show up. I'll make sauce for FI to eat while I'm away.

Sunday my mom and I are going shopping and I'm finishing laundry and packing for Europe. Sunday night I'll make lasagna and snuggle with my fur babies before I leave them for two weeks.

Monday mom and I are going to the mall to find a dress for our e-pic shoot. We'll have lunch that will involve a lot of drinking for me, then we get in the limo and head to LONDON.

I'm going to miss you guyssssss

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
image 36 Yes
image 2 No
image 21 Unknown

Re: Weekend!!!!!

• @buddysmom80 LONDON? what?! and you didn't invite ME? Just kidding - I'm a little jealous!

I rolled out of bed in time for pilates this morning, now I'm preparing for a crazy day at the office. Tonight I have to call my least favorite aunt to beg for money for the wedding (she manages my mom's estate) and I'm dreading it, because I hate asking for money. After that FI and I will go out to dinner, then back to his place and have a long talk about our wedding budget.

Saturday I have a haircut (FINALLY!) followed by lots of cleaning and packing.

Sunday morning I leave for Boston. Going to grab lunch with a friend from college, then dinner with my coworkers, then I have a full day of meetings on Monday. I was supposed to be there all week but most of my clients canceled on me, which means I will be in Boston for St. Pat's with nowhere to be the next morning! Hoping my friend wants to do something, because if not I will be sitting alone in my hotel room and that would just be lame.

Happy Friday y'all!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @buddysmom80 - I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR FACE IN 7 HOURS FROM THIS MOMENT. I'm also incredibly jealous of your European Vacay! 

@lalalaurita - Good job getting up for a workout this morning! What time do you have to be at work? I always envy the people I see going for a run while I'm walking to work. I'd have to get up at 4:30 and that ain't happening. 

I'm spending the weekend with 3 of my bestest friends and I couldn't be more excited! I'm working until 11 and then heading to the train station. @buddysmom80 is picking me up and we're heading to MA to @csousa1's house. @brisox81 will hopefully be arriving shortly after us. 

Our plan for the weekend includes but is not limited to: eating all the foods (guac, pickle dip, cupcakes, pizza, pudding shots, buffalo chicken), drinking all the booze, playing CAH, jamming out to a 90's cover band, celebrating Sous's sister's birthday, laughing, pooping, and making sure Sous's cat knows that his name is Chase. 

• @lalalaurita I wish I could work out in the AM! My back is always killing me in the morning because my mattress sucks, so when I do work out in the morning it's very painful. When I get back from Europe I'm going to try the beginner's bloglates and see if I can survive that.

@swazzle CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet Chase too. You get to meet Quigley and Buddy too!!!!!!!! This is going to be the best weekend ever. Pickle dip, guac, ahhhh!!!!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 - OMG I forgot I get to meet your kids!!!! I'm glad that you agree with @brisox81 and I that Chase's name is Chase. 

• @swazzle he totally looks like a Chase, it's so obvious. I'm sure we'll change @csousa1's mind tonight.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80- I'm so jealous of your European vacation right now!

Today H is going on an overnight field trip with his school to the GA Aquarium so I'm going to stay home alone tonight : ( I'll probably end up going to CrossFit and then stopping by the grocery store to find something unhealthy to make and watch silly movies the whole night.

Tomorrow I'm going to time my 10K to see where I'm at from last year's time. I hope I can get under 1 hour this year because last year my time was an hour and 3 minutes which is very frustrating to me. After that I desperately need to do some laundry and I'm going to make soup all day long. This should be interesting because I've never cooked a whole chicken by myself.

Sunday we are going to Augusta since it's the 2nd anniversary of my grandmother's passing. We usually go visit some family and go visit her grave. Then we either have dinner at this really good German restaurant there or a bbq place. It will be a late night getting home on Sunday so I plan for Monday to be lazy St. Patrick's Day.
  • Happy Friday!!!

Tonight we are heading to my hometown for my nephew's 2nd birthday! I can't wait to see him.

On Saturday afternoon we are going downtown to a St. Paddy's Day celebration called Blarney Bash. That evening we are having some friends over for a St.Paddy's Day party.

On Sunday we are relaxing.

FI and I both took Monday off for St. Paddy's Day.  We are going to a parade downtown and listening to a couple bands play. Then at 4, our friends' band which is the band playing our wedding reception is playing at an Irish Pub so we are going there to see them. I can't wait for this weekend!
    Anniversary

• @Swazzle I leave around 7:30-7:45 and get to work around 8. I definitely can't bring myself to run in the morning, especially in winter, but I can roll out of bed and do 10-20 minutes of pilates on my bedroom floor. Actually getting up instead of hitting the snooze twelve times is the hardest part.

@buddysmom80 that's no good. My back gets really sore when I sit in the office chair all day and doing some type of workout in the morning seems to help a lot.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Going to the gym in the morning has NOT been happening lately, and I need to get better about that. I really need to get to bed earlier so I don't hit snooze 3 times and waste all the time I could be at the gym.

Tonight is dinner with BF's family (his mom and sister and nephew just got back from 6 weeks in Florida...life is hard). Then tomorrow we have to go to a birthday lunch for one of his relatives, so I'll be spending the early afternoon meeting a bunch of people and getting their names mixed up in my head. we're going to his friend's band show tomorrow night as well, so I'm hoping to fit in a nap after lunch.

We're staying over after the show so I get to sleep in on Sunday!! I'm not going to lie, that's the part of the weekend that I am most looking forward to, I need a lazy morning. Then driving home, church Sunday night, and hopefully getting home early enough to take care of some laundry.

But first, I have to get through a work day that I really could not care less about.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lalalaurita - Gotcha! I leave at 6:25 to get to work at 6:40. I wish my day started one hour later because then I could actually manage getting up and being active beforehand! 

• @southernpeach89 - your evening sounds pretty epic to me!!!  any idea what you're going to make tonight?  are you boiling the whole chicken or roasting it?  whole chickens are so much easier than you'd think!!

@Swazzle - I get up at 5:30, so I totally know what you mean about morning exercisers!  I wish that I could get it done before work, but there is no way I'm getting up at 4:30.  I can barely get out of bed at 5:30 (in fact, today it was more like 5:40, whoops!)

tonight I'm going with H to eat pizza at our favorite local place.  my mom might come along.  then, I get DESSERT.  haven't had any sweets or treats since Sunday afternoon so I'm excited!  we might watch a movie tonight, I don't know.  we have to go to the grocery store, but besides that we have no plans.  well, scratch that.  H told me to meet him on his side of the bed at 9PM tonight.  LULZ.  this week has been my TOTM, so I guess he is making a date...??

tomorrow I'm going to work out first thing in the morning, then go with my mom to look at and buy some chalk paint and shop and get lunch.  that afternoon I have to make some lemon bars (RECIPE HERE) and take a short nap (priorities, y'all!)  we're going to dinner at some friends' house and I'm bringing dessert. 

oh, and we finish up our taxes this weekend.  we owed the state but got a refund from the feds, so we're breaking even, minus the fee for the CPA.  H's identity was stolen (actually, his step-dad sold it, but that's a different story) so we have to use a CPA and add on some additional steps to make sure we are getting all the right stuff done. 

Sunday it's supposed to be cold (I think our last cold snap).  I was going to do some planting (herbs, broccoli, radicchio) but I think I'll wait until Monday when it'll be much warmer.  so I guess Sunday is church, recovery work out, and an epic nap.
  • P.S.  sorry my post was a novel, @Swazzle;)

http://media.tumblr.com/b749a9717b80b987bc6b0be895d23d7e/tumblr_inline_mkwubqjWGc1qz4rgp.gif
  • @CocoBellaF- I'm pretty sure tonight will turn into a Pasta night since it has been a while since I've had it. I'm cooking the whole chicken in a pot for a few hours until all the chicken has fallen off the bone. Then I will chop it up and put it back into the pot with some veggies and other ingredients. I'm interested to see how it turns out lol. The whole chicken scares me a little, it's just so big haha.
  • @southernpeach89 I'm the same way about cooking a whole chicken, I just buy rotisserie chicken at our wholesale club and per pound it costs just as much as a raw one, and the flavor is much better imho.

Also touching raw chicken grosses me out. Ewwww

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @southernpeach89 - if you haven't bought the chicken yet, you can request the butcher to divide it up for you to make it easier.  otherwise, it's still easy you just have to get it out of the pot and it'll probably fall apart.  that's okay!  it's no big thang.  :)
  • P.S.  sorry my post was a novel, @Swazzle;)

http://media.tumblr.com/b749a9717b80b987bc6b0be895d23d7e/tumblr_inline_mkwubqjWGc1qz4rgp.gif

• Swazzle said:
    P.S.  sorry my post was a novel, @Swazzle;)

BOO-YAH.
    http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/19590/muahahaha-o.gif

• Swazzle said:
    P.S.  sorry my post was a novel, @Swazzle;)

BOO-YAH.
    http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/19590/muahahaha-o.gif

• Happy Friday! @buddysmom80, have fun in Europe!

@cocobellaf, sucks that your H's identity was compromised.

Tonight BF and I are going to a friend's apartment. It's spring break starting this evening, so gaming club can't meet on campus since all the buildings close early. With a lot of the party going out of town, they'll probably play Munchkin or CAH tonight.

Tomorrow we're going to do more laundry (the endless cycle continues) and clean. Keep taking the spring melt off my carpet. Count down the days until I get out of this junky apartment. Look for open houses perhaps?

Sunday will look a lot like Saturday.

We went to a showing on the almost-perfect-but-doesn't-have-a-garage house last night. It was about 95% modernized (built in the late 1880s), but the floors were pretty darn uneven, which can make reflooring a nightmare. The basement was really cold. The lot was half the size lots normally are in my town. Given those factors and the fact that there was an offer on it, BF and I decided we're not getting in a bidding war over a place that doesn't have a garage and probably can't have one built on it. The interior was absolutely beautiful, though. They'd done a really good job on what they'd finished.
  • @keptinstiches don't give up hope on the uneven floors. We have uneven floors with 0 subfloor and my dad and FI found out that if you put cork subfloor on the existing floors it'll level out the floors. We're putting Pergos in over the exiting floor. We were going to do that project like today, but the whole wedding thing is getting in the way.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Mean girls grow up lol: http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/13/showbiz/movies/mean-girls-where-are-they-now-ew/index.html?c=showbiz

@southernpeach89 I'm so jealous of your H's overnight at the aquarium except the watching kiddos part lol.

We're visiting our families this weekend on the west coast. Family dinner with FI's gparents tonight, family birthday dinner for my sisters tomorrow, and we are picking up my wedding band!! Yay!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @swazzle @buddysmom80 so jealous of these NEY get togethers

@buddysmom80 have a great time on your trip!!!!

I have to run to Hobby Lobby after work.  My weekend will be pretty relaxing, hopefully lots of sleep and resting.  The only set plans we have are for church. FI is going to continue to work on the cabinets and I'm going to be going over lines and putting together invites.  I should probably do some cooking too if I can this weekend, may be some banana bread and some kind of a soup.

Anniversary

• @KeptInStitches - TELL HIM NOT TO SHOW YOU!!!!  unless you really DO wanna know, then by all means...  share with us, too!!
  • @keptinstiches SQUEEEEEE! Did you give him any ideas on what you wanted? Did you show us? Please share if you did not.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Well, it's 9 am here and I'm starting a 12 hour shift. Then I'm off tomorrow! Going to the mall to get bday presents for my family back home and shipping them, along with the Christmas presents....it's been a rough winter for me. I was off yesterday and did my nails which I'll post pics of when I get home...I don't think I can do that from mobile. Tomorrow is also laundry and clean house day. I'm going to grind up some steak to make meatballs for some homemade spaghetti which SO has been asking for all week.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@Swazzle and @buddysmom80 Have fun this weekend!!!

@southernpeach89 MUST be confused but she isn't doing what she thinks she's doing tonight. What she's REALLY doing is meeting up with me and our mom after work this evening so we can go drink wine and pick up a pizza at our favorite pizza place that we haven't been to in forever! And then we're all going to hang out at our parent's house and eat pizza, drink more, and maybe play some cornhole since it's going to be beautiful outside today.

Today is another work from home day. This whole week has been super quiet for me so I hope I'll have some time to slip away and get a mani/pedi for engagement pictures tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'm going to get up and beautify myself. And then I'm going to Sephora to have my makeup done and to my salon so they can style my hair for me. I can't ever manage to do more than straighten it nicely and curl the ends a little. Then FI and I are going to a really fun area in Atlanta to take our engagement pictures and afterwards we're going out to this bar a friend of mine recommended to me that has an amazing beer selection. I just now realized that it's St. Patrick's Day weekend so the bar is probably going to be packed even more than usual. Hopefully since we'll be there early it won't be all that bad. Wish me luck on pictures! I feel like I'm going to end up looking like a giant goof in all of them.

Sunday is Augusta to visit my oma's grave, see family, and have dinner. We're bringing Cinders along because none of our friends were available and the doggie daycare isn't open on Sundays. My uncle has a pool in his backyard and it's going to be really tough keeping her out of it.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@KeptInStitches YAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!image

• @lmhollister and @southernpeach89 - you two are the first sisters that make me actually WANT a sister!

have fun taking your engagement pics, @lmhollister!!  have you shared what you all are wearing yet?  did I miss it??
  • @cocobellaf haha I have two sisters and they're just as cool as @lmhollister and @southernpeach89 :) I've always felt that I could only marry someone that had as ridiculously close a relationship we had with his siblings lol. Luckily FI likes his bro too :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards