Not Engaged Yet

Weekend!!!!!

Re: Weekend!!!!!

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@CocoBellaF I sort of have and haven't. Finding outfits for engagement photos has been more stressful and difficult than finding a wedding dress was and I don't even know why. For the more casual pictures I'm wearing a pair of blue jean capris, a green cardigan, and a navy blue tank top with a pink floral print. I've bought THREE dresses now for dressier pictures and I am torn. The first dress I bought I loved (and still do) but I started thinking it was TOO dressy so now I'm worried and I've bought two more casual dresses and now I just don't feel great at all about any of it. I have a pair of camel brown strappy sandals to wear and they go with all of them.

This is the original dress (you can't tell but it has pockets).

This is the second dress I bought.

And I bought this one yesterday.

• @lmhollister where are you having your e-photos done? I LOVE the first dress. I'm torn on what to pick too, I have my casual outfit picked out (black pants, white shirt, cropped denim jacket) but I'm on the same boat as you.

I LOVE the first dress, it's not too dressy at all. Ballgown, that's too much, the first dress is perfect.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @KeptInStitches - Yeah!!!!

@lmhollister - Good luck with the photos!  H and I had so much fun with them (akward at first then we relaxed).

Today I'm winding up some work (one more week to go at this job), hitting the gym, and grabing lunch with an old friend.  He's going to be shocked I'm changing jobs.

Tomorrow I'll work out in the morning, try to sneak away in the afternoon to buy H's birthday present (no idea what I'm getting him) and we are getting drinks with H's friend and new girlfriend.

Sunday will be a cleaning day mostly.  How exciting, eh?

• @KeptInStitches YAY! So exciting!

@Blue Thanks for that - I really was wondering what happened to them.

@lmhollister I booked your photographer and now I want your dress too. Seriously - the first one is so pretty. I'm trying to figure out how many outfits we can do and what to wear.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lmhollister - I also love the first dress, but the important question is:  which dress makes you feel the most confident, beautiful, and sexy?  go with whichever dress makes you feel great.  it'll reflect in the pictures and you'll love them.  all three dresses are cute, but I do love #1. 
  • @buddysmom80, we're not afraid of old houses. Or rather, BF isn't. His family completely gutted (to the frame) a house built in 1900 when he was 10-15. They'd done the false floor in the kitchen, but not the dining room. That was going to have to be fixed if we were to move in there - the step up was awkward. Not sure what we could have done for the upstairs level, though. Support beams, perhaps? Anyway, the next place we're probably going to look at is about 40 years newer, so with any luck we won't see some of those issues. And it already has a 1 car garage! (BF is a total gear head and he'd be a tough sell on a place without a garage, but he'd committed the cardinal sin of falling in love with yesterday's house before he saw it.)
  • labrolabro member

@buddysmom80 We're having our e-photos done in a garden on a historic estate in Atlanta. It doubles as a wedding venue and there's a beautiful massive old stone staircase.image

• Sounds like there's a whole lotta ladies planning to have some hella good weekends. Nice!!

My weekend pales in comparison - got some exciting cleaning on the books and that's about it. Oh, and sleep. I can't wait to sleep past 5:30 am. This week has kicked my ass.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @lmhollister that looks gorgeous! I think the first dress would look great with it, but I also agree with what @cocobellaf you have to wear the dress you feel most confident in!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • labrolabro member

@lalalaurita White House Black Market for the dress. Alison recommended 2 to 3 outfits and everywhere I've read says the same thing. You start losing your time with your photographer to outfit changes and so it's best to just stick to a couple so you have more time for pictures. We're just doing two. FI would prefer to stick to one...mostly because he just wants to wear his shorts the whole time and not have to get dressed up. He's stubbornly casual.

Thanks @CocoBellaF! I'm really just having such a hard time and I don't know why. I'm probably overthinking it honestly. They all make me feel pretty, although the first one and the last one make me feel prettiest.

• @lmhollister - after seeing the location, I think dress #1 would be GORG.  what is your FI wearing?
  • I want to go shopping now!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @CocoBellaF- @lmhollister was my first friend ever and she has been my BFF since even though I was really mean to her when we were little. We also just get each other's weirdness which helps haha. 

@lmhollister- I'm sorry I forgot about Pizza tonight, work has seriously been running my life this week.
  • labrolabro member

@CocoBellaF Who knows??? Lol! Sort of kidding. He wants to wear a pair of khaki shorts for the casual pictures. I have no idea what sort of top to put him in. He has a white soccer jersey I got him for his birthday last year. We could probably put him in any sort of t-shirt or polo and he'd look fine.

For the more formal outfit I don't have a clue! My mom bought him a new white button down and she'd like to see him wear that. He wants to wear blue jeans but I don't know if jeans match the formality of the first dress. He absolutely hates wearing his khaki dress pants but I think they would match the dress better. What do you think? I think jeans and his white button down (he also has a really nice red one that I love him in) would be classic and would look really nice. If he wore his khakis I'd probably put him in a button down we got him from Banana Republic this year that has green, white, and dark purple vertical stripes.

• @Buddysmom80 - LONDON ?  I want to go too!!!!  Take us ALL with you!

@lalalaurita - good luck with your aunt!!

@Swazzle - that sounds like so much fun!

@Severmilli12 - Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

@cocobellaf - that really stinks about H's identity!  I'm really hoping that Sunday/Monday is the last of the cold.  I also hope that 'rainy season/mud season' doesn't last long.

@KeptInStitches - YAY!!!!  SUPER EXCITING!

@TwoDimes - So jealous of you 4 day weekend and your shopping!!!

I have no weekend plans.  I might try to clean up my house some - it's a wreck and I'm ashamed of it and I should just turn myself into 'hoarders buried alive' now.

I'm going to admit, I'm kind of sad that I have nothing fun planned.  It's my birthday and I really want to do something - but I have no idea what.  At first I was thinking about going away for a weekend getaway but FI's brother's GF decided to make plans so now FI has to take care of his brother's pets. (She made these plans months ago and this is the only weekend she can do it blah-blah-blah; never even ASKED if we could take care of the pets... the ones that she GIFTED to FI's brother).  Don't people get it -

So I guess this weekend my plans now are:
    Clean up the house
    Grocery Shopping
    Get Taxes done
    MAYBE go shopping for some new clothes

Anniversary
  • @keptinstiches I love the first setting!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @lmhollister - are his jeans dark wash jeans?  If they are, I think they'd look fine with your dress!

@KeptInStitches - beauuuuuutiful!!!!!  any of those choices or something similar would be just gorgeous.  did you try anything on?
  • labrolabro member
    @KeptInStitches I'm a huge fan of the first one too!

• @dignity100 thanks! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope you get to do something fun for it!
    Anniversary

• @cocobellaf, I tried on a few similar-ish settings locally.
  • labrolabro member

@dignity100 HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Today IS all about you!

@Peaseblossom55 3 months!!!!!!! YAY!

• @dignity100 Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anniversary

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Eeeee so much going on!! EVERYONE'S COMING UP TO MA!

@lalalaurita BOSTON. If you are bored, lemme know. I've got some weird time points this weekend, but I'll have some free time when I'm going to be pretty much smack in the middle of the city with nothin' to do.

I hope it's one of the bezel set ones because I am totally biased.

@Dignity100 Happy birthday!!

My weekend is going to be a little annoying but probably fun.

Today, slept in because some ASSHOLES decided to walk down the street, yelling and being total dicks at 2am. So that woke us up and I was so frustrated that I had trouble going back to sleep. I have to be here till 7pm anyway, though, so I felt like coming in late was justified. J is coming by the lab after he finishes work at 5:30, and at 7, we're leaving to meet up with my best friend and a couple of her friends for dinner. We're getting pho; I know you're jealous.

Then VERONICA MARS!!!!!!!11!!1!!eleventy!

Tomorrow, I've got to work from about noon till 4 (or 1 till 5). I might head down to Marathon Sports (which is at the Boston Marathon finish line, so I will probably cry a bit while I'm there) because I need new running shoes. Mine have lasted a long time because I've had so many false starts getting back into shape, but honestly--they're giving me blisters every time I run now. Time to drop all the money on some new ones.

Sunday is also work from noon till 4 (or 1 till 5). And laundry, probably.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Sounds like everyone has fun plans for the weekend!  Today is actually my Friday for once (I usually work Saturdays) so tomorrow I'm off! Yay!  Sunday is the Shamrock Run (which BF and I are totally not prepared for) so tomorrow afternoon we're gonna head downtown where the run is taking place and check out the course.

That's pretty much it.  Oh and I'll be doing laundry.  Yay.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards