Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Need a registry?

Is it ok not to have a registry at all? 

Re: Need a registry?

• Options
    Yes, it is fine not to register for anything.  However, you should realize that you risk getting multiples and mismatched items, ie. 8 toasters and 3 mismatched sets of cutlery.  Are you sure you couldn't use anything?  My FI and I live together but we could always use more towels, a better vacuum, prettier plates, etc.
  • Options
    Yes, that's perfectly fine.
  • Options
    We did not register - anywhere.
    For our wedding the gifts broke down like this: 75% cash or check, 20% gift cards and 5% random, but lovingly selected physical gifts. We did not have any duplicate gifts.
    I declined all showers. GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options

It is completely your choice.   That being said there are people that will come to your wedding that might not know you particularly well or at least your taste.  As PP said you run the risk of duplicates and random things.  Plus returning those things could be a headache without a registry. 

• Options
    I found a place to register that's a little less typical, with places to pin items from all over the internet, you can link to current registries and even add a honeymoon fund! Seems like a one stop shop, not to mention it's easy for your guests to navigate all of your registries. Check out my blog for more details 
  • Options
    I found a place to register that's a little less typical, with places to pin items from all over the internet, you can link to current registries and even add a honeymoon fund! Seems like a one stop shop, not to mention it's easy for your guests to navigate all of your registries. Check out my blog for more details 

You can't do this.  @knotporscha
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    Hey! Posting a personal blog is not against the rules. Although if the blogger was selling a service or product, she would be banned. Please see below...

3. No Soliciting.

There are some incredibly talented Knotties in our community with great ideas, but our boards are here for members to share ideas and hold discussions without feeling like they are being bombarded by promotions and solicitations. This applies to all sorts of businesses - photographers, graphic designers, Etsy shops, etc.

What does that mean exactly? No posts about your business, at all.

If a member asks for a business recommendation, you cannot respond with yours.
    In your signature, you cannot mention your business whatsoever, or link to it (ebay, etsy, etc.)

You can, however, link to your personal blog.

If you are unsure about what's allowed (this can be confusing), just follow one general rule: other members should not be able to guess that you are a vendor of any sort.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards