Registry and Gift Forum

Gifts Delivered During Honeymoon?

What have others done about gifts being delivered during your honeymoon?  We live in an apartment complex, and we don't have family in the immediate area who could check in on it for us, so they'll be gathering at the front desk.  I know they can hold our mail for the time we're away, and they hold packages all the time so in general it shouldn't be a problem.  I guess I'm just curious if others have found that a lot of things get delivered in the week or two after the wedding?

This is quite a ways off for me as my wedding isn't until October but I thought I'd ask now since it just occurred to me and wasn't something that I'd even considered before.  We are both some of the first to get married in our generation for our respective families so we don't really know their approach to weddings.

Re: Gifts Delivered During Honeymoon?

• I informed the office manager at my condo that we would be gone for 3.5 weeks and asked to keep the packages there.  I gave them permission to put them in our unit if they were a bother.   When we got home they were in the unit.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    Hold your mail with the post office and then just have the apartment leasing office hold your packages until you return. I think we had 4 deliveries the week following our wedding. We waited 3 weeks to go on our honeymoon so that helped...
  • I would just talk to your office manager and inform them that you are getting married and will be going on a HM directly after and that if any packages come to please hold onto them or put them in your apartment.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards