Not Engaged Yet

Monday blues

Morning, ladies. Monday already? 

This weekend was one of the most fun of my life but I could use another night's sleep. I had such a blast with @buddysmom80, @csousa1, and @brisox81! We ate, drank, played CAH, had random dance parties, and laughed our asses off 99% of the time. I miss them all already and was so sad to come home yesterday even though I missed H and my furkids so much.

This week I plan to catch up on my much-neglected DVR. H and I have a Devils game tomorrow night and on Thursday I'm going to see Divergent at 8pm with my BFF! I'm so excited for this movie I just hope I'm not let down. 

Re: Monday blues

• I'm feeling the Monday blues, too!

H and I just took off a Friday and Monday for a long weekend in April, so now I'm trying to figure out some fun things for us to do while we're off.

tonight I plan on planting some broccoli seedlings, radicchio, and herbs to add to my spring garden.  I'm making cottage pie for dinner (as Irish as we're getting this year) and plan on doing my Insanity work-out, and hopefully crashing into bed early.  I am just so tired!  I was battling a sinus headache plus carb overload yesterday so I can't say I'm surprised.  every weekend I go off the wagon and then feel just awful, so this weekend I'm going to try my best to stay with clean eating and hopefully beat the carb hangover.

the first day of spring is this week...  I just can't wait (except for the tornadoes) for spring weather.
  • @KeptInStitches - you are so nonchalant about your sparkly!!! 

the lady that cleans my house once in a while uses Scrubbing Bubbles and a mix of blue Dawn, white vinegar, baking soda, and water.  it works well.
  • @CocoBellaF, if I don't act nonchalant, I'll go absolutely crazy. I have no patience when I know things are coming. Christmas and birthdays are the worst - mine and everyone else's. Poor BF has gotten birthday presents as far as a month in advance because I was too excited to wait to give them to him.
  • @KeptInStitches - sounds like my H!  he proposed 2 months in advance because he decided he couldn't wait anymore (he had the ring for a total of like 20 hours before he caved).  can't wait to see your official sparkly photos!  :)
  • I have Monday blues like nobody's business today! I have meetings from 8AM-11:30. Then I have to take an attorney to lunch (which is basically another meeting). Then I have a boat load of work to do this afternoon.

My office of 200 people is moving buildings THIS WEEK. So a full week's worth of work (which happens to be a ton for me right now) has to all get done Thursday before noon...AND I have to have my office fully packed and tagged.

Plus I started my period this morning.

Plus I got no sleep last night.

And next week I have a business trip...

I'm exhausted already. Better get back to it!

• Monday :(
    I spent pretty much the entire weekend working, cleaning, and packing for my trip.  We got 3 inches of snow overnight and everything in the state is closed.  I'm one of maybe 4 people in the lab.  Very blah today.
  • where are you going, @Sakalicious?
  • My office is closed because of the snow we got. I'm working from home today.

I'm still so freakin' tired. I just can't seem to get good enough sleep.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

Ugh Monday... :( It's so rainy and nasty today and cold. I feel like I don't live in Georgia anymore. I can't believe the first day of spring is this week. Typically for us we've been having warm, sunny weather for weeks at this point and that's just not the case this year. These cold fronts and polar vortexes and crap can go somewhere else anytime now!!

I don't really have anything fun or exciting planned this week...not that I remember right now anyway. I need to get caught up on housework and if our lawn ever dries out I can do yardwork again too. Saturday I'm supposed to help one of my BFF's make centerpiece decorations I think and then afterwards I'm going to try to hit up another friend's birthday party for a little bit.

This weekend was good at least. FI and I took our engagement pictures Saturday and the photographer said we should have everything back from her in two weeks! Wedding season hasn't really kicked off for her yet so she isn't super busy right now. I'm pretty sure I look like a giant goof in most of the pictures but at least my hair and makeup and outfits were pretty. The weather was also perfect! We got some beautiful evening sunshine in a lot of shots and the temps were in the high 60s so not too hot and not too cold. All week the forecast was saying rain and clouds and it ended up being cloudy for only the very beginning of the shoot so yay!

Sunday we went to Augusta with my family to visit my oma's grave. I got to see both of my uncles and my other sister made it from her college campus for a little bit too. I haven't seen her since January so it was nice that she made the drive. We all ate a massive German dinner and they nearly had to roll us out of the restaurant. FI and I managed to drag our butts to the grocery store later that evening so we'd have food for the week and as soon as we got home we both plopped on the couch until bed time.

• Definitely have Monday Blues, I had a nice relaxing weekend, of hanging out with FI sleeping in and catching up on life. My only disappointment is that Hobby Lobby is closed on Sundays the pens I got address the wedding invitations all sucked, so now I'm behind on invitation stuff and I won't be able to get anything done all week. 

There was snow when I woke up this morning about an inch or two but I am at work.  My show opens on Friday so this week is going mean late nights of rehearsal and me being extremely exhausted.  It would have been nice to work from home today not going to lie.

Anniversary

• @lmhollister - what dress did you decide to wear?
  • Ugh Monday:(

I've spent the last hour on a conference call with my team getting berated on why we are missing our number as a team.  It's brutal.  Most of the country is looking to miss.  It's not going to be a good year if this is how the first quarter is shaking out.

My stomach hates me, too.  This call is not helping.  I just want to swallow a bottle of tums and crawl back into bed.

My weekend was good.  I mean it was St.Patty's in Chicago, it's pretty much always awesome.   I need to rewind to Sat:)

At least I get to have dinner with some awesome ladies tomorrow:)
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @CocoBellaF I'm heading to SoCal for a conference.  I can't wait to get away from the snow.
  • BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I hate to be the ray of sunshine on a Monday, but after a week of spring break and non-stop entertaining my daughter I'm so thrilled she's back at school today :-D Sadly... I already miss her, that figures :)
  • Hey ladies! I had such a busy weekend. Saturday we got out by 10am to drive around NYC so FI could do road inspections for Adopt a Highway (his part time job). It took about an hour, and we brought the pup with us so we could take her to her favorite city dog park. After about an hour and a half there, we dropper her off at home, grabbed some DD's, then went to the mall because FI decided he needed new clothes. He bought a few things for himself, and bought me a new shirt. Then we stopped at the supermarket and I did half of my food shopping.

That night, we went out for drinks in the city and had a nice time. Sunday morning I made buttermilk pancakes and bacon for breakfast, and then I did the rest of my food shopping. We started watching House of Cards, and then we drove to Long Island for dinner with my grandparents. They took us out to an amazing seafood restaurant, and I had crab-stuffed shrimp and butternut squash. YUM. We didn't get home until nearly 10, and watched about 50% of a House of Cards episode before deciding to go to bed. I'm hoping next weekend can be a lot lazier than this one was!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    UGH MONDAY.

Yesterday, I felt like crap and didn't go into work. I also didn't even start my PowerPoint for next week's seminar. I'm supposed to meet with my PI this morning to go over it. No Knot for a while!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @CocoBellaF I wore the navy blue lace dress! :) I'm glad I did. It really fit the gardens well and in the evening light we had it looked so elegant and pretty! I'm really jealous of your gardening btw. I haven't been able to get out in my yard and do serious work in it for over two weeks now. Either we're busy and away from the house or the weather is bad and we can't do work without creating a big mess in the mud.

• Hello everybody!

I'm not happy it's Monday either.  I'm tired and have too much 'worrying-about-nothing' type stuff going on in my head (like 'will I have time at lunch to run all my errands?' and 'I gotta get the bathroom cleaned tonight because it's super gross and I never let it go this long') - all the stuff swirling in my head I totally forgot to put my engagement ring back on after my shower and now my finger feels naked.  UHG - can we just all go home and reconvene in a couple of hours after more sleep??

Over the weekend: Friday had dinner with FI and just watched TV and I pouted about my work and just how stressed out I've been.  Saturday I got up early so I could run to the post office and pickup my signed Disney contract.  I still need to be assigned a planner.  After that we went and did a little shopping - I got 2 shirts, a cute jacket, and a dress (which you guys are going to have to help me accessorize because I'm not able to 'envision' what shoes or anything to wear with it - I'll try to remember to post a pic later).  We got dinner at a steakhouse . . . and I don't think we did anything else of note besides more TV watching.  Sunday - we got our taxes done and I came in the office because we moved buildings and I set up my new desk.

Anniversary
  • I want to redo the weekendddddd. I had so much fun with @swazzle, @csousa1, and @buddysmom80, even though she had to leave us much to early. Like @swazzle, I was excited to get home to BF & the animals, but it makes me sad that we all don't live closer to each other so we can see each other all of the time. @swazzle & I had a fun road trip back to NY, we stopped in at my apartment so she could see her niece & nephew, and then I begrudgingly took her to the train station. 

BF & I caught up on some DVR and snuggles last night. 

My sister is coming to visit this weekend, and we're going to get tattooed together, so I have something fun to look forward to to get me through the week!! 

*******************************************************************************************

• @lmhollister, I'm glad! I loved that dress and I hoped you'd wear that one.

@sakalicious, have fun in SoCal.

@phira, good luck with your seminar.
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Oh god you guys my PowerPoint is TERRIBLE.

I'm actually hoping my PI remembers how terrible all of my presentations and papers are when I have a first draft. Like, he thought my qualifying exam was REALLY great, when a week before it was due, he took a look at my first draft and thought, "We might need to wait till January because this is some kind of crap."
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Good morning, everyone! @lmhollister, can't wait for when you AW your engagement pics *hint hint*! :) Glad all you party people had a great time this weekend!

So this was a dumb weekend. Friday I just chilled at home, took a bubble bath, and read my book, which was nice but not incredibly exciting. Saturday and Sunday I worked 8:30 am to 9:00 pm, so not exactly prime shifts to get much else done this weekend. Then I watched TWD last night and just holy crap. And that was it.

Today I was supposed to take my Peds final, but school is closed due to the snow - we got like 8 inches overnight, and it's snowing again right as I type. So the final is rescheduled for tomorrow, and we're starting Psych nursing a day late. Yay for ALREADY being behind, I guess. =/

• @LivLeighton - Me too! I texted you Saturday night but you didn't respond :*(

• This weekend was pretty relaxed. Friday night I just watched movies and hung out alone since H was on a field trip with his students.

Saturday I cleaned for most of the day and once H got home he just crashed. He was so exhausted. So I made that soup which ended up turning out better than I thought. It had a kick to it as well since there was cayenne pepper in it.

Sunday we went to Augusta to visit my grandmother's grave and visit with some family. I love thinking about all my memories of her growing up until she passed a couple years ago. She was such an amazing and strong woman. We had dinner at this awesome German restaurant in her honor and it has the best German food!
  • Uuuugh. I have been sick since last Tuesday. Friday was a quiet night at home. Saturday was football and then we went to watch the UFC fight. Sunday was grocery shopping and laundry. I stayed on the couch most of the day.

I tried going to work today- I've got a debilitating headache and am nauseous as all hell. So I'm currently sitting at the walk in clinic. Uuuugh I hate drs, but I feel like I got hit by a Mac truck
  • Swazzle said:
    @LivLeighton - Me too! I texted you Saturday night but you didn't respond :*(
    I was knee-deep in dog pee (OK, maybe toes-deep) and trying not to kill a dog that had chewed my cabinets. I didn't see your text til around 1 when I finally went to go to bed. I'm sorry! I'd texted Bri earlier in the evening, and then saw that her phone died. I should have responded to you even if it was at 1...I wasn't trying to be a jerk!
    If you think we weren't still up, you're nuts. Haha - I'm pretty sure 1a.m. was somewhere in the middle of our Britney dance party. 

*******************************************************************************************

• Swazzle said:
    @LivLeighton - Me too! I texted you Saturday night but you didn't respond :*(
    I was knee-deep in dog pee (OK, maybe toes-deep) and trying not to kill a dog that had chewed my cabinets. I didn't see your text til around 1 when I finally went to go to bed. I'm sorry! I'd texted Bri earlier in the evening, and then saw that her phone died. I should have responded to you even if it was at 1...I wasn't trying to be a jerk!
    No worries! We were bummed that you couldn't come out!

• Monday gripe: they turned the heat off to avoid snow being sucked into the air handling system and it's 58 degrees in the lab.  Maybe I should just go to the conference early. 
  • That's cold @Sakalicious! Also, can you guys stop getting snow and thaw out already?!

This weekend was alright, DD1 had a soccer game and they played SO much better! Saturday night they went to their dad's and on Sunday BF and I went out to visit his dad and step mom at their hotel. They're in town for spring training. They took us out to eat for his birthday, and they're taking us to the Braves game on Friday. 

We're supposed to have some really nasty storms today, but right now it's just gray out. 

I'm so glad you guys had such an epic time @Swazzle, @BriSox81, @csousa1, @Buddysmom80! And I'm glad Boston was able to handle you all too. 

@IrishDreamer - I hope you feel better! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards