Connecticut
Options

Mini Honeymoon Ideas??

Hi everyone!!

My fiance and I are looking for any ideas of where to go for a short mini-honeymoon at the end of September. My fiance and I are getting married in Orange County NY, we live in Rockland County NY and want to go on a short 3-4 day mini-moon the weekend after our wedding (the big "real" honeymoon will be not until the spring or summer when we have time off from work and saved up some money). We're looking for a nice hotel (possibly with a honeymoon suite?), ideally with things like a jacuzzi tub, quiet, no families, scenic. We'd probably enjoy someplace a bit local and quiet so we can just relax after the wedding - sleep late, maybe go for a nice fall hike somewhere and have a picnic, we also love old towns with history to walk through, nice restaurants, beaches and mountains are both nice. Not having to drive more than 4-5 hours from Rockland County NY would be great too. Nothing to expensive, would like to save money to spend on bigger/longer honeymoon later on. Any ideas? (Ideas outside of driving the 4-5 hours is also welcome)

Thanks so much!

Re: Mini Honeymoon Ideas??

• Options

Have you considered Newport? The end of September is still a really nice time of year but it is off-season so you can probably get better deals on hotels and it won't be nearly as crowded as it gets in the summer months.

I would also suggest looking into Bear Mountain or one of the ski areas in Vermont. The foliage will be beautiful there that time of year.

• Options
    I've been wanting to visit the interlakken inn in CT. It sounds like it might have most of what you are looking for...
  • Options
    Ogunquit ME is about 4.5 hours from Rockland county! Gorgeous area, lots to do!
  • Options
    castle hill resort in vt?
  • Options
    Martha's Vineyard or you can go up to NH to the White Mountains
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards