Not Engaged Yet

What's the one thing that bugs you...

About your SO/FI/DH/etc?  I know we've all got that one thing (but regardless we still love them).

BF lost his iPod last night that I got him last month for our anniversary.  And it got me thinking...he loses his things a lot!  Awhile ago he lost his phone, and never found it so he had to get it replaced.  He's lost his wallet probably 4 or 5 times, and of those times, found it maybe twice (one of those times was me searching in the snow for an hour, luckily I found it!)  He's also lost his man ring that I got him (but found it every time, always somewhere in his room).  Now his iPod.  He feels terrible, and I really hope he can find it.  I just don't understand how he can lose his stuff so easily, and it bugs me sometimes!

And now I'm wondering if when we have kids we'll have to put tracking devices on them... (kidding!)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What's the one thing that bugs you...

• H never rinses his dishes before putting them in the sink. We don't have a dishwasher so this makes for even messier clean ups when it's time to do the dishes and it drives me nuts. I loathe scraping hard leftover food off of plates. 

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    J has moderate OCD, and most of what bugs me is related to that. Like, I really wish he could eat leftovers.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • it takes him forever to go to bed at night, and I'm trying to sleep but he has the lamp on and is rummaging around looking for stuff.  OMGTURNTHELAMPOFFANDSHUTUP.

he doesn't check to see if the dishwasher has dirty dishes... he'll just leave his sitting in the sink for me to take care of.  I don't think so, bub!
  • FI goes through so many pairs of socks. Every time he gets back to the house, he takes off his socks and gets a new pair when he goes back out, no matter if he's only home for a few minutes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I feel bad saying that BF's hobby can be overwhelming, but his main hobby is tabletop gaming. He games in three separate groups, and of course they all meet on weekends. So every Friday night during the academic year is gaming, which I can deal with. It gets to me when the other two groups meet on the same weekend because that means he's gone Saturday and Sunday. When that happens I don't have the help I'd like to get stuff like housework done. He's been really good about trying to keep the scheduling lower -- we compromised on two days a weekend (every Friday night and either Saturday or Sunday). That way he gets the time he wants to game and I get him around to help with stuff I want to get done, too.
  • H likes to leave his clothes on the floor and sometimes they are clean but I don't know that so I end up picking them up and washing clean clothes over again. This annoys me so much! He also doesn't put things back in their place which also gets me heated. I'm a neat freak though, he really isn't that bad.
  • He is a neat freak (I am not, but not a total slob, either).  But he's a selective neat freak.  He cares when certain things are dirty (cars, dishes, etc.) but not others (bath tub could be disgusting but he is oblivious, vacuuming and dusting are probably not high on his list of concern).  It kind of baffles me that he is ridiculous about some things to the point he flips out/has anxiety over things not being clean. 

I personally think his memory isn't so great.  I have recalled many little comments he's made word for word back to him and he denies he ever said it.  Mainly things about stuff he likes or doesn't like...like, "oh, I don't like that kind of car, it has x,y,z".  Then I catch him saying the opposite, so I call him on it and tell him he told me before he doesn't like it.  Drives me nuts.

• FI will leave things out for days or even weeks if I don't say anything.  Does the mail really need to be sitting on the table for several weeks, either throw it out or file it!!!

I also wish FI would eat leftovers.

Anniversary

• After FI is done using cups/plates while in the living room, he will put them up on the bar instead of just sticking them in the sink or dishwasher.  He also sometimes does this with trash. He'll put empty coke cans on the bar rather than throwing them away -_-

He also leaves ALL THE LIGHTS ON. Drives me crazy. Not every light in the whole apt needs to be on. When you're done using a light, turn it off!
    Anniversary

• FI is an obsessive researcher, as in he gets fixated on something (vintage turn tables...fishing rods & lures...photography...Lionel trains...smokers/grills) and researching the "best" consumes him. And it's not the spending part that drives me batty, as he's done well for himself and is extremely responsible with money. Rather it's the hours upon hours upon hours he spends finding the "best bang for his buck" (his words, not mine). Oh, and he buys everything in pairs. Oy vey.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm pretty lucky, he keeps things pretty clean and always rinses his dishes- we yell at the kids for it.

However, his dirty clothes always end up in front of the hamper. Wtf??? Why is it so difficult to throw it another three inches???

Also, he gets tired of driving because he does it a lot for work, so I drive a lot on the weekends and such, which is fine, but he is SUCH a backseat driver!! He drives me bonkers.
  • When I mention something that FI is unfamiliar with, he interrupts with "I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS." Or who/where that is or whatever. It feels like he's shutting me down and makes me not want to talk anymore. I know he doesn't mean to be short with me, but it would be received better if he asked "what/who/where is that?" I finally told him how I felt last night so we'll see if it changes.

He also likes to leave the overhead lights off and only the lamps on at his place. I deal with it because we don't live together and I feel like I'm still a guest in his home, but it's going to be a problem once we move in together. I hate hate hate mood lighting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• H will not go to bed for at least an hour after I ask "are you about ready for bed?". Doesn't matter if I'm ready at 9pm or 11pm...he's not ready for at least an hour. This is super tough for me because i'm up at 4:30 to be downtown by 6. H doesn't have to be at work until 8 and he's 5 minutes from his office. He does offer to sleep in the guest room sometimes, but what couple wants to sleep in separate bedrooms? Drives me bonkers.

He also has a habit of texting me that he's on his way home and then stopping at a friends house, running some more errands or finding another distraction along the way. I end up furious when I've waited 2-3 hours thinking "he'll be home any minute".

• MoiramabMoiramab member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2014

BF does. not. drive.

He always wants the flashiest best car - off roading, racing, whatever - and then I or his roommate wind up driving everywhere. Not my fault you have to spend so much money on premium gas -_-

• BF always takes forever to get out the door. As soon as I think we're ready to leave he thinks of a hundred little things he needs to do right that second. It drives me insane!

• DH forgets a lot of things like garbage day, taking out dinner if I am running late and ask. It drives me nuts and I tell him that he needs to pay more attention. He also throws all his clothes on the floor on his side of the bed even though the hamper was 10 ft away in the bathroom. I just moved the hamper to his side of the bed. problem solved. Now if I can just get him to take recycle items like cans and bottles to the garage 20ft away instead of leaving them on the precious little counter space I have!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • lol @Swazzle and @BriSox81. H does the same thing with outfits all the time. He wears jeans when I would opt for PJs or sweats. So weird.

H annoys me the most when he takes on something and tries to passively get me to participate. Like recently he decided to home brew beer. Cool. That does not mean I want to spend my afternoon removing labels and sanitizing bottles. I have laundry and house cleaning to do. I don't need new cleaning projects thankyouverymuch.
  • ALSO H doesn't call or text to check on me if I am out and about for hours into the night. Even when I ask him to. I could be dead in a ditch, and I don't know how long it would take him to figure out where I went.

• BriSox81 said:
    lol @Swazzle and @BriSox81. H does the same thing with outfits all the time. He wears jeans when I would opt for PJs or sweats. So weird.

H annoys me the most when he takes on something and tries to passively get me to participate. Like recently he decided to home brew beer. Cool. That does not mean I want to spend my afternoon removing labels and sanitizing bottles. I have laundry and house cleaning to do. I don't need new cleaning projects thankyouverymuch.
    The best part is that whenever he does it, I ask him "Where are you going?" Every time. Because I still don't understand why he's wearing real pants. And he'll say "Nowhere, why?"

"BECAUSE YOU'RE WEARING PANTS!"
    SO funny.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    BriSox81 said:
    lol @Swazzle and @BriSox81. H does the same thing with outfits all the time. He wears jeans when I would opt for PJs or sweats. So weird.

The best part is that whenever he does it, I ask him "Where are you going?" Every time. Because I still don't understand why he's wearing real pants. And he'll say "Nowhere, why?"

You guys would hate me. I wear "real" clothes all the time, whether I'm going anywhere or not. FI is like you, he'll wear "comfy" pants as he likes to call them if we aren't going anywhere. He doesn't understand why I even bother to get dressed when I work from home but I just like feeling put together.

It bothers me when FI has a hard time getting up in the morning. He'll hit snooze 50 million times and won't actually wake up and get out of bed until the absolute last possible second. I'm not always happy to be awake...but I'm awake and I get out of bed because I know if I don't then things won't get done. I just wish he would make an effort to jump out of bed more often and initiate taking the dog out or making our lunches. 99% of the time I'm the one doing all the extra stuff in the morning outside of getting ready for work.

• lmhollister ohhh you sound like my bf. He hates that it takes me forever to get out of bed. I could be awake playing on my phone, warm and comfy, and the minute he decides to get up and dressed, he's already done and out the door and huffing at me for taking forever haha
  • Hmm - I love FI dearly but to pick only one thing that FI does that annoys me. . .

He doesn't watch where he's walking - maybe after years of having pets this is built in to me to watch out for 'surprises' left behind.  Larger boxes that don't break down easily will sit next to the recycle bin as to not take up ALL the space in the bin and he'll be walking and kick them because he's not watching where he's walking.

On the weekends I feel I have to beg him to take a shower.  Even if we're going somewhere I have to sit around and wait for him to decide to take a shower.  I always get up and hop in the shower - even if I have no place to go.  That way if I decide spur of the moment to go somewhere/do something I don't have to take 1-2 hours to get ready.  Because FI doesn't - spur of the moment is gone.

He's also bad about answering his phone.  If I call you 5 times in a row, I probably need to talk to you!!!  His whole family is horrible about answering phones.

Anniversary
  • BF isn't so bad. The most common thing that annoys me is the leg bouncing. I think he has Restless Leg Syndrome. They never. stop. moving. Always bouncing in the car, on the couch, at church, in bed. 

The other thing is he's a klutz. He drops everything. I cannot tell you how many glasses, bowls, etc he drops and breaks. I even asked him the other day "Do I need to worry about you dropping our baby?" (No, don't worry I'm just fat, not pregnant)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2014

H is a little OCD and has new "rules" all the time about things like how to do the laundry, how to walk the dog, how to load the dishwasher, etc. that he likes to "instruct" me on (which usually just results in me saying "uh, huh, uh, huh, ok" and then doing it my way unless he has a valid point on how to make something better).  My thought is, if you want something done in a very, very particular way...you should do it yourself.

• My fi is pretty awesome. But he also just paid for our wedding photog so that gives him bonus points.

He is way more into organizing than me and that drives us both nuts about each other :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • BriSox81 said:

This is true for my BF, too.  It drives me nuts.  I like to get out of bed, sit around in whatever I slept in until I have to leave the house.  My BF rises and immediately gets fully dressed, sometimes to just sit and watch TV for hours. 
  • DH thinks he is Cesar fucking Milan.  We have a hound dog and there is just no good way to get her to walk without following her nose everywhere.  Whenever we take her for long walks, he makes that "ch ch" noise to try to keep her on track.  Just accept it and stop making that stupid noise.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards