Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

What kind of cake is your favourite?

My FI and I were talking about our cake, and we can't decide on what kind of cake we want. We're having a small three tier cake + cupcakes, we think, and we want each tier and the cupcakes to be different flavours. So, what is your favourite flavour of cake?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wedding Countdown Ticker

What kind of cake is favourite? 58 votes

Carrot
20% 12 votes
Chocolate
32% 19 votes
Madeira
0% 0 votes
Red Velvet
12% 7 votes
Fruit
3% 2 votes
Lemon
12% 7 votes
Banana
3% 2 votes
Grasshopper (Dark Chocolate & Mint)
12% 7 votes
Rosewater (Turkish delight)
0% 0 votes
Toffee
3% 2 votes

Re: What kind of cake is your favourite?

• Hard to vote when I love many different flavors, some of which are on your list!

About the only one I see that I wouldn't vote for is carrot.
  • I would stalk the crap out of the grasshopper ones - choc/mint is my favorite food group
  • My fiance and I just ordered our cake with a tier that is champagne cake and strawberry filling. I used to love red velvet but this may be my new favorite cake ever!

I would probably eat any of those flavors you listed (except maybe the rosewater).

• All of those sound great, but I voted for the dark chocolate and mint. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Ah Addie73, my cake loving buddy.  Chocolate and mint are one of the highest forms of cake....
  • Not gonna lie.  We're not huge into cake.  The fiance only likes yellow or white cake.  And I like ice cream cake.  Does that count? lol
    We're going to do funfetti cake.  How cool is that?!  No filling or anything.  Funfetti!  :-)  

Don't pop my bubble!  You know funfetti is cool!  lol
  • @rdixon571 I don't even know what funfetti IS.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @LadyMorvenMacBeth Funfetti (picture) is a white cake with sprinkles (jimmies) baked inside it
  • @HappyAnjel Ah, I see. It looks cool, but I hate the taste of sprinkles, so I'd probably hate the cate.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @HappyAnjel Ah, I see. It looks cool, but I hate the taste of sprinkles, so I'd probably hate the cate.
    You actually can't taste the sprinkles in the cake.  The sprinkles basically melt when the cake is baked to give it that "sprinkled" look but the texture of the sprinkles and really whatever flavor they have is gone, only the coloring is left.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards