Nevada-Las Vegas

Convention Center Bags

Has anyone gotten these to use for their wedding?  If so, what do they look like?  I hear that they will send you some information for free?  Can anyone confirm?

thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Convention Center Bags

• They are supposed to be sending me the bags with travel guides, LV pens and key chains. I can't remember when they said they'd be sending them I know we have to wait until the spring guides come out though. Hoping it's this month.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • The bags are plastic shopping bags. I can take a picture this evening for you. Yes they will send you a bunch of stuff. I received mints, pins, guides, and maps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yea I figured they were like that shoebunnie. I doubt they would send canvas type bags lol
  • thesepinkdaysthesepinkdays member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2014
    Who did you get in touch with?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Barbie Munoz | Administrative Coordinator Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority | LVCVA.com T: 702-892-0711 | F: 702-892-2824 | Direct: 702-892-7462
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks. What did you ask for?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just told her we were getting married in Vegas and asked if she had maps or anything else she could send for me to give to the guests. She asked how many and shipped it out. I had it in Texas in less than a week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ok cool, I asked for the guides they sent those I'll have to ask for the extras too
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thank you! i will call on monday! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks!!! Figured they were plastic but seems like the extras are worth it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @shoebunnie~ did they do this to you? i called the direct number and she was unavailable so i called the main number i got transferred to no joke 5 different people LOL, the guy told me to email him...so i did and now he is checking to make sure that we are coming to vegas, making sure that we have 12 rooms blocked he refused to send us anything if we didn't have more than 10 rooms blocked...just seems a bit extreme
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @ssteele04 wow that is crazy! when I called a got transferred once and then the girl I spoke with didn't give me any problems in fact she was really nice. I don't remember her name though. Sorry they acted so stupid with you!
  • i'm not sure if i should call back? his name is Victor, he made me feel stupid for calling, asked me what i would do with the stuff? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow that just sounds horrible. Maybe they are trying to tighten up the promo shipping? I got 50 visitor guides shipped to me all the way to Australia which is postage alone was nearly $70 and there were no questions asked.

Wow thats crazy how they treated you! Every wedding in Vegas PARTICULARLY with guests is a boost to their economy. They dont want to start turning brides off.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• WTH? That was not my experience at all. In fact Barbie told me she didn't have the proper guide books for April but would mail those out when she got them. She went ahead and included the winter guides just in case. What does he mean what will you do with the stuff?? Does he expect you to sell it on eBay??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thesepinkdaysthesepinkdays member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2014
    Barbie Munoz | Administrative Coordinator Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority | LVCVA.com T: 702-892-0711 | F: 702-892-2824 | Direct: 702-892-7462
    she is the international gal just FYI haha

and steel i would call back i just spoke to someone in the leisure department and she was wonderful and so sweet!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I ended up emailing him. I asked him if this was a problem, that i was referred to another lady who was unavailable and finally got him and that no one i have spoken to has been checked up on to see if people had actually booked the rooms. he wrote back and said that they put everything on a spreadsheet to justify giving people things like this for free. Needless to say he was a dick. He is in the sales department. He wanted to know to the "T" of what i wanted should i call back tomorrow? If so what department should i ask for?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @thesepinkdays how the heck did I get the international rep?! I'm in Texas! Oh well she was super helpful.

@ssteele04 good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So Ms. Barbie is ANNOYED that we all keep calling her! LOL. She said she had gotten 5 calls in the past 2 days!

The power of the Vegas Knotties!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Valeriecruz82Valeriecruz82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2014
    Haha this is funny but at the same time how the helll is she annoyed with 5 phone calls in 2 days! It's part of her job. Damn Ms Barbie! Deal with it lol
  • That's hilarious! She should be less helpful then!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lol. Sorry Barbie ;-)

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• goodness! maybe i should try her again tomorrow! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine isn't until November, I'll save her name and maybe she'll be over being pissed by then.    I think it's an awesome idea that my guests will love, many of them have never been to Vegas before and I want to make a good impression. 
    We had our dream wedding in Las Vegas - 11.29.2014
  • I would suggest calling the main number and asking for someone in the leisure department
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I spoke with Barbara Munoz today and she said she isn't the person to contact. She was very nice and transferred me to the right person. My stuff should be on the way.
  • I also spoke to someone who was not really in charge of this stuff - she told me in the future to use this email address to send all brochure (and other free stuff) requests: meetings@lvcva.com

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I ended up getting a email from a super sweet lady who ended up helping me, i'm waiting for the stuff now i wouldn't think it would take that long to mail from vegas to washington
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My box of bags and goodies came today. It was fast I just called on the 13th. Thanks Knotties for the info!
  • that is great! they said since my wedding is in July they will send it in June
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards