Not Engaged Yet

OLW

Re: OLW

• Dear FI,

YOU GOT THE FULL TIME CONTRACT!

Sincerely,
    Can't wait to see you tonight and celebrate. :D

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Shaun T. calls burpees "suicide jumps".  yeah, okay, another name doesn't make them any better SHAUN T.

dear today,

thank you for being so awesome and productive.  I have found the perfect throw blanket (been searching for over a year!) and art to put on the walls, at 35% off.  PRODUCTIVITY, I HAZ IT.

love,
    Coco the Great
  • @Blue - it's horrible right?! We went to DD's soccer game 2 weeks ago and I was pretty much covered except a bit of my neck. I ended up with puffy pink red skin on my neck from an hour in the sun. I've already packed my sunscreen for the spring training game on Friday. I do not want to get burnt again!

@CocoBellaF - Is the skirt new? I'd love to see a link. Also, YAY for productivity! Can I have some?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @Ollie08 - this is the skirt, only I got it in Petite because I'm so short!  LINK  it's not bright pink, more of a salmon color in real life.
  • @ollie08 I feel a lot of eye rolling that we are complaining about too much sun, haha.  But really I'm like "OMG STOP SNOWING BEFORE MY WEDDING IN THREE WEEKS, VIRGINIA!" :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @CocoBellaF - OMG pockets?! I LOVE skirts with pockets. 

@Blue - Yeah, you're probably right. Instead of "First World Problems" maybe we have "Florida Girl Problems" haha And I forgot your wedding was in VA! I hope it thaws out soon. It really has been cold for WAY too long!

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@CocoBellaF Your skirt is so cute!

@LivLeighton Your tattoos are gorgeous and I love the colors!

Dear Virginia weather,

Please stop being so crazy and cold and snowy. Seriously? @Blue & White is getting married in THREE WEEKS and it MUST be beautiful for her! What happened to the lovely weather you normally have this time of year?

No love, the girl who wants Blue to have the most beautiful, gorgeous wedding day EVAH!

• @Ollie08 - mine actually doesn't have front pockets, but it does have back pockets.  H didn't think he'd like it, but once I tried it on (it was $12 on sale, I mean COME ON!) he loved it.  thanks!
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Dear brain,

Thanks for being almost entirely non-functional at work all week and then keeping me up all night last night. I was looking forward to a super busy day on about 4 hours of sleep. Sounds awesome.

----------

Dear presentation,

You can put yourself together, right?

----------

Dear cells,

Not sure how many times I have to BEG you to cooperate. PLEASE COOPERATE!!! I'd like to have some awesome results and be awesome at science and spend my days being awesome.

----------

Dear undergrads,

You guys are great, but I'm really tired of your obsessive perfectionism. I'm acutely aware that you're using undergraduate research entirely as a boost for your med school applications. I know that's a thing that everyone does, apparently, and that the majority of undergrads in cell/mol bio research here are applying to medical school. But I'm really tired of it. If you want to go into medicine, and not medical research, go find a clinical volunteer or research position, and stop sucking up funds and my time here.

----------

Dear future brother-in-law,

I am really, really worried that you are going to last-minute bail on us for cake tasting on Saturday. It's a little irrational--you seemed excited about going last time we saw you--but knowing how frequently you cancel plans with J at the last minute makes me nervous. We asked you instead of other future brother-in-law because J wants to spend more time with you; please don't make us regret our decision.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @lmhollister haha, love it!  Truth be told, the grass literally turned green last year in the Williamsburg area on...oh, April 5th.  So we knew that April 12th was kinda pushing it for green grass!  BUT, I just want it not to be snowing so I can be all fantabulously beautiful outside (don't worry, we're smart enough to have an inside backup plan!)

@ollie08 #FloridaGirlProblems should really be trending :) Like..."People always go visit Disney instead of visiting me.  #FloridaGirlProblems" or..."LOVE BUGS!!!! #FloridaGirlProblems" etc.  Also...do the dreaded love bugs come to this side of the state?  They've been spotted in Sarasota (by me!) and I don't want  them here!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Dear sinus infection,

Go the hell away!!! I went to the stupid dr, got the stupid meds, my cough stopped and I still can't breath!! Can you please get with the program??

No love,
    Girl that's wants her sinuses bake to normal

Dear bf,

I normally cheer like hell for the Blackhawks, but they played the flyers last night, and we won!!!! Suck it. Flyers beat the Blackhawks, plain and simple. It's a good thing we aren't competitive ;)
    I'm sure people last night thought we were nuts.

Love you and your damn teams.

Love your crazy sports nut gf.

Dear Ollie,

Please for be telling me we are ok for next weekend. We will need to work out details!!

Love
    An excited to finally meet my 3 year friend for reals!!!

Dear S,

You have no idea the shit you are in for last night. To be a bitch about not helping me out with dishes or anything around the house then not asking your dad if it was okay for you to go paintballing at right at night??? Yeaaaah.... Not a smart choice, your dad is pissed.

Love,
    Girl that tries to keep the peace
  • @phira I'm pretty awesome at presentations, lol.  Need an awesome semi-animated slide showing your awesome mutagenesis?  I'm your girl!

Dear ear,

I can't believe you don't hurt when I play French horn.  I'm totally rocking out at the concert tonight even if my head still feels crooked.

-I'm hungry because my doctor prescribes too much medicine and my stomach needs food to process it.
  • @irishdreamer wait, we BOTH have sinus infections?  #FloridaGirlProblems  Keep me posted on this Florida Girl G2G just in case I'm actually able to make it next weekend!
  • @Blue - Yes, unfortunately they do. They are HORRIFIC by me. When you get closer to the beach, it's better, but the closer you get to 95, the worse they get. I suggest NOT going to visit your sister during love bug season. I'd be surprised if you could even see out of your windshield after driving down 192 lol 

• @blue & white, seriously!!!! #floridagirlproblems!!
    And I for sure will!' I need to find out from my dad specifics. It's hard because he works third shift.

@coco, please for be passing productivity vibes this way- I has none!!

@liv, the new addition rocks!
  • Dear @swazzle, @csousa1, & @buddysmom80,

I miss your faces. Can we just all live together now? 

Love,
    Your BriSox

Dear job I'm applying for,

Please be good, and make me stop feeling bad about applying for you. I really want to move back to New England. 

Fingers crossed,
    Me

Dear BF,

Ring soon? K, thx. 

ALLL the loves,
    Me

Dear New Doctor & Insurance,

YOU'RE AWESOME & I LOVE YOU.

Even if you did have to stick me & take blood. 

Love,
    Healthy Me

Dear Sister,

I can't wait to see you on Friday & get tattooed with you on Saturday!!! 

WEEEEE!!!

Love you,
    Your OLDer sister 

*******************************************************************************************

• @ollie08 I don't know if I know where 192 is...hmm...well duh, 192 goes towards you, not my sister :)  we take 528 and 417 to get to my sister, apparently.  According to google maps.  So I guess the question is...when IS love bug season?  Because I know it's coming but my car is SO NOT WANTING THIS TO HAPPEN!  Plus I don't want @southernpeach89 to get covered in love bugs having sex.  I wonder if they have love bugs in GA.

^--my medicines are making me freak out about love bugs for no reason.  Awesome.
  • @Blue- Yes!!! We have them here and they are awful!! They are all over the place once it starts to warm up. We haven't gotten them yet this year but last year it was horrible!
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @Blue I made a ridiculous slide with signaling pathways for my qual, and I'm making a second one for my presentation (much smaller, thank goodness).

Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Dear TFA,

It is RIDICULOUS how much shit you are asking your admittants to do right before they leave forever. They got through your insane application process and took exams, can't you leave them the fuck alone now to spend their last couple of months with family and friends in peace?

No Fucking Love,

Unimpressed abandonee

Dear GIFs,

Thank you for making the internet a better place.

Love,

Your loyal gifhunter

Dear @Swazzle, @BriSox81, & @buddysmom80,

Come back!! My apartment stopped smelling like farts so it's time to fill 'er up again. Kthnx.

Love,

Sous, SMOKEY, Sous' irridescent nails & The Backscratcher

Dear Biological Grandmother and/or Aunt,

One of you REALLY needs to get with the program and check facebook. Your long-lost granddaughters/nieces finally got the balls to contact you and now no one is responding. Not a great start. You have no idea what you are missing without us in your lives - even though we really only want to ask you if we have more awesome siblings.

Love,

The 2 girls with the same last name that look like your son/brother are clearly not randos so ACCEPT THE DAMN FRIEND REQUESTS ALREADY

• Dear @csousa1,

TOOT TOOT. Just sending some farts your way, dick.

Give CHASE a big hug for me. 

Love always,
    Your big sister

*******************************************************************************************

• @csousa1 That's really cool (and brave) that you guys took the first steps to contact your biological gma and aunt.  I hope they get with the program soon.  That's so exciting! :)

@southernpeach89 I haven't decided what I hate more: love bugs because they mess up my car or fire ants because I am legit allergic to them...I feel like this should be an easy choice, but it's not.  I should invent a love bug condom or something so the damn things stop multiplying.
  • @Blue- That would be amazing haha. 
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@southernpeach89 We have love bugs?

Do you mean kudzu bugs?

• imageimage
    2304 × 1728 - flickr.com
    200 × 180 - en.wikipedia.org

No, I mean these demons.  They are "love bugs" cause they are CONSTANTLY having sex (at least that's my opinion of them)
    1024 × 767 - aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu

that one pic didn't work...@lmhollister (also forgot to tag you in my last post)
  • I stink at pics.  Just google image a love bug :)
  • @LivLeighton, I am late to the party, but I have tattoo love to share too! :D So awesome and prettyful.

Dear family,

Why you eat all the food I make and then no help clean up the kitchen EVER?!?!? (OK, I am exaggerating slightly, but only slightly.)

Love,

Really busy girl who cooked lots of yummy food for you and DID clean up after herself, but can't be the one doing the dishes every day of the week

Dear nacho pot pie recipe,

You are FULL of win. Most delicious food I've made in a long time, and even better as leftovers. I think I'm in love.

Love,

Hungry admirer

Dear boss,

My my, aren't we feeling a little passive-aggressive these days?

Looking forward to our upcoming chat,

Slightly disgruntled employee who has some things to share with you

Dear school,

So, I really feel like between my job and my family, I have had much more psych experience than anybody ever really needed, so...automatic A? No? OK then.

Love,

Woman who can't decide if she's excited or terrified of this clinical (probably mostly excited with a little bit of caution on the side)

Dear self,

I hope you don't dream you're in the Hunger Games again tonight; that was kinda stressful!

Sincerely,

You get way too involved in your movies and shows, woman!

• @CLoGreenEyes I WANT IT TOO!  Nacho pot pie for all, please?
  • CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014

@TwoDimes and @Blue, here ya go, my dears! (link)

I didn't include the carrots because carrots and nachos sounded like a questionable combination, and I used ground beef instead of chicken because it's what was on sale. Truly amazing stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards