Not Engaged Yet

You guys ...

After hearing so much about TK, J decided to make a profile and look at the forums. I'M SO SORRY YOU GUYS.

Anniversary
now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~

Re: You guys ...

• FI's been curious about TK and everything and is interested in the wedding, but I don't think he would ever make an account himself. It just seems...strange.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited March 2014
    does this work?  tried to embed the clip, but just in case...  NAVIGATE HERE.
  • FI is already lurking - I'm afraid he's going to join. If he does I'll get all up in his football message board just to see how he likes it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yea I wouldn't be too happy if FI started chatted on here... I'm quite sure he doesn't even know I post here.

Anniversary

• @peaseblossom55 FI knows I post on a wedding message board...hopefully he doesn't think I post on weddingbee! :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • ha ha that would be awful if he did! @blue & white

Anniversary

• tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    Only god knows everyone who lurks on these boards.

ETA: And analytics people.
  • We're all innocent here image nothing to be worried about. . .

Anniversary
  • Way back when someone's BF or FI joined in on the message boards. I can't remember who it was. Can anyone help jog my memory? @Swazzle @LivLeighton @BriSox81 @cu97tiger

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I remember that, @Ollie08, but I can't remember who it was.  maybe Cate?
  • I'm pretty sure it was Cate's FI who joined.

• That might have been it! I'm glad I wasn't making shit up again. :-)

• I wouldn't be okay with this, not even one little bit.

no animated GIF

*******************************************************************************************

• @phira but now I'm all creeped out that he's LURKING. 

Hopefully he realized we mainly talk about food and shoes and very random stuff so we might be boring to an outsider (please?)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'm 100% sure he's not lurking right now because he's at work and his forum of choice is Something Awful. He mostly joined last night because of the shitshow over in Etiquette.
    Anniversary
  • @phira - I totally missed it over on  the Etiquette board (I don't make it over there that much) can you give us the cliff notes version of what happened?

Anniversary
  • I was half way through reading the shit-storm of a thread on E but then it got deleted :(

I don't think I'd be very happy if BF decided to start lurking here. But I don't think he'll ever want to.

• phiraphira member
    @Dignity100

A person started a thread asking what to do about his future sister-in-law, who demanded that he not wear a kilt to her wedding (wearing a kilt is his formal attire). During a very low-key, not in depth discussion, a person showed up saying that it was TOTALLY okay to tell guests what to wear. She proceded to explain that she didn't want people showing up underdressed, and she gave her dress code, which was actually quite informal (and included the suggestion that people should wear bolos).

When people pointed out to her that, uh, it is rude (and therefore against etiquette) to tell your guests what to wear, the thread devolved pretty solidly. The new poster (wamboy) very quickly started name-calling and making really nasty comments, and continued to explain why it was entirely necessary for her to have the dress code.

After a bunch of pages of this, she started a thread specifically to call out all the mean ladies who were pretending to be etiquette authorities. That turned, very quickly, into a GIF-heavy thread. Lots of people kept trying to point out the inconsistencies in her posts (simultaneously calling people names and then saying that other people were bullies but not her), and kept pointing out how absurd it was that she was demanding we "prove our etiquette was right."

To add to everything, she kept using "your" for "you're," and leaving out punctuation, while also claiming that it was embarrassing that grown women were using teen text speak (referring to forum lingo; she took offense to being called the OP of the thread she created). So people kept pointing that out to her, too.

She told me I was immature because I posted immature GIFs :D
    Anniversary
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@bethsmiles @phira I'm actually glad that thread finally got deleted. That whole debacle was ridiculous. I kind of hope this pushes the KG's into creating real mods again....

• @Imhollister - I doubt it will. There's been a couple of crazy threads like that the past couple of weeks it seems and the KGs always take FOREVER to get around to it...I think they've just stopped caring at all about what would work best.

• phiraphira member
    @lmhollister @bethsmiles I totally agree that 1) this kind of shit needs to stop and 2) it probably won't. I understand that KP isn't around ALL the time, and that's okay! But it would be nice to have more than just her around.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards