Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Favorite Registry items

Gizmo813Gizmo813 member
5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
edited March 2014 in Registry and Gift Forum
This question is for those of you who are already married. 

What are your favorite items from your registry, that you would consider "must-haves"? 
What items do you recommend to skip, or wish you would have left off your list?

I know everybody is different, and everybody's wish lists will be different based on their needs & lifestyle. 
I'm just curious. It might give me some ideas, or help me re-think some things!

Thanks in advance!

ETA: I've been living on my own for 10 years. We share a rented townhouse together, but hope to buy something in the next couple years. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Favorite Registry items

• Options

We were established and just did a small registry for our shower of things we could really use or wanted to upgrade.  Most of these were from BBB, some from Target:

-Simple Human split top storage bench with dividers for shoes<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

-Simple Human stainless steel butterfly open garbage can

-Shark Navigator

-Kitchen Aid mixer

-Bunn coffee maker

-Food processor

-Tea kettle

-George Forman grill with removable plates

-Anchor Hocking bake N take

-Trifle bowl

-Air bake cookie sheets

-Dish drying mat

-Misto oil mister

-Kitchen towels

-Egg tainer

-Drawer dividers for ease in organization

-Over the door pantry rack

-Towel ring

-Bath towels

-Sheets

We use the George Forman (from Target) all the time.  The organization stuff is great too since our house is small.  The over the door rack is perfect for our pantry and the storage bench just fits in the entryway, keeping our shoes out of the way. 

The garbage can was a splurge but we are very happy with it.  It was a nice upgrade over our old plastic garbage can and it is a space saving style. 

My mom got us a Hoover floormate.  It is nice but I think it takes too long to wash the floor so I wouldn't call it a must have.  DH likes to use it though so that is a plus. 

We did not register for appliances that would get little use like a quesadilla maker and we have hand me down china so that didn't go on the registry either.

By keeping the registry small we ended up getting a lot of cash for our wedding.  Now we have the flexibility of buying things as we think of them/see them. 

• Options

We had the basics so most of our medium sized registry was for upgrades (bone china and flatware) and entertaining items but we did get some new Pyrex, mixing bowls, cupcake stands and other fun stuff.

So far I **LOVE** our Hotel Collection Bone China from Macy's.  We use it every day and no chips or scratches so far. I really like the stacking melamine mixing bowls (Martha Stewart), they have a variety of sizes and since they stack they don't take up a lot of space.

Someone bought us the "Griddler" by Cuisnart (a countertop grill with removable plates that are dishwasher safe) and we both like it (and H loves it).  It has temperature control and opens up flat for more cooking area.

We got stainless steel charger plates from Crate & Barrel and we used them on Valentine's Day to dress up the table and it looked really nice with our new placemats (also Crate & Barrel).

We haven't had friends over since the wedding and now we are getting ready to move so the entertaining stuff we have is getting packed up and sent to storage as we stage the house.

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    We were just starting out so we registered for the full range, so I'll break our favorites into everyday items and fun extras.
    everyday items:
    -everyday dishes and matching serving pieces
    -utensils
    -programmable coffee maker
    -shark navigator vacuum
    -bedding
    -bathroom set
    -pots and pans
    -triple laundry basket
    -baking set

fun extras:
    -china
    -tiered serving pieces (white for use with everyday dishes or china)
    -kate spade tidbit plates
    -kitchenaid mixer
    -espresso machine
    -waffle maker
    -rabbit wine set

The only thing we got and returned because we didn't have space and wouldn't use it much was a mini dessert set by libbey (at BBB).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards