New Jersey

Venue advice PLEASE!

stephanieringstephaniering member
edited March 2014 in New Jersey
We're looking to get married on a Friday night in mid March of 2016. We want something in NJ that is not too far north (not farther than Montclair) and not more south than Toms River. We want something between $80-$115 PP with tax and gratuity. Any suggestions on where to look? We really want something "updated" and not with an ugly carpet lol were on a budget but want a beautiful room. We really love Addison Park but not sure if they are in budget (a Friday night in March maybe.. Anyone know) please help! Trying to get a list together of places to schedule appointments! Thank you!

Re: Venue advice PLEASE!

• You could try the Montclair Art Museum for a great modern look, but it's not all-inclusive.  You rent the venue and then need to bring everything in, set up catering, etc.

I think the Morristown Museum does weddings too.

We are getting married at Highlawn Pavilion, which should be within your budget for a Friday in March.  Might be too far north for you and it's a very traditional style, unlike the museum.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• The Crystal Ballroom in Freehold is really pretty and I think is in the budget you mentioned. Casa Bianca in Oak Ridge is gorgeous too but might be too far. Good luck and congrats!
  • The Windsor Ballroom in East Windsor is the sister site to The Crystal Ballroom in Freehold.  I would highly recommend the Windsor Ballroom as I'm a Windsor bride!!! :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • My venue Jumping Brook CountryClub might be within your budget for a Friday night.  It's in Neptune.

Anniversary

• DB425DB425 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I just had my wedding at the Richfield Regency in Verona (which I think is right next to Montclair) on Friday and I loved it. It is definitely in your price range,
  • The Clubhouse at Galloping Hill! 
  • I attended a wedding at Galloping Hill and was not at all impressed. For a new venue the carpet was stained and dirty and the food was just ok...and once my friend added on all the extras that were not included it was $145 a person plus tax, service charges and all other fees...and that was for a Friday night not even Saturday and she did not get all the available extras.

In my opinion there are places with much better food, a better selection of food and nicer venues for much less money.
  • Check out The Terrace at Biagios! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LianceLiance member
    First Comment
    edited June 2014
  • @Liance

What are your nerves about, specifically? Richfield was our 2nd choice... we loved it except really wanted an outdoor ceremony
  • Have you looked into Valley Regency in Clifton? I am getting married there in April 2015 and I have been very happy with the service I have received so far. The price is reasonable and they do work with you... might be closer to your mid to high range but I think if you tell them where you want to be they can give you a better idea.

We were going to look at Richfield but when we saw the parking situation we did not go in. That scared us a bit and it is right off a main busy road.
  • We didn't look there, but the Greycliff (sp) is frequently discussed as a good value.
  • LianceLiance member
    First Comment
    edited June 2014
    I saw a lot of pictures from photographers that showed wrinkled chair seats, wrinkled runner. 

• Highlawn Pavilion would be in your budget for a Friday night wedding. They're in West Orange (one town over from Montclair). My cousin got married there, and I'm getting married there on October 12! They do a great job and you get a lot for the price (raw bar included, etc.)
  • edited May 2014
    I was a bridesmaid at my friend's wedding at Ravello's in East Hanover. It was awesome! I'd highly recommend them since she had a great experience. They are definitely within your price range. :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards