Not Engaged Yet

Weekend?

HAPPY FRIDAY, LOVELY LADIES! 

I hate to say it but I feel like this week flew by. No complaints here! 

Tonight I'm going to walk home from work, take Lucy for a long walk to get some added exercise in, and then catch up on my DVR which has been neglected all week. H is working late today so he won't be home until 9. 

Tomorrow I have a wax appointment and then I REALLY need to clean. My apartment has also been neglected all week and it's gross. Tomorrow night, we have a Devils game and friends of ours are going with us. There will be copious amounts of beer involved and hopefully a Devils win since we're playing our biggest rival, the Rangers. 

Sunday I have my cousin's baby shower in Philly. I'm not looking forward to driving there and back alone but I'm happy to see my family! H and I have another Devils game that night. 

Re: Weekend?

• Tonight, I'm staying at one of the hotels near the airport so I can fly out at 5am tomorrow.  I am freaking the hell out because I have a 45 minute layover in Houston and apparently that's a big-ass airport.  Then I fly into LAX and have a 90 minute shuttle ride to the hotel where the conference is being held.  I'm really tired just thinking about tomorrow.  I land in Philly next Friday around 11pm.  I'm not around a whoooole lot but I'll miss you ladies <3
  • After work, H and I heading straight to the airport to go to Orlando. We will probably get there around 9:00 so we will just go to the hotel and probably go straight to bed.

Saturday I think we are planning on going to the pool for the first part of the day then the Red Sox game is at 1:00 so we will go to that.

Afterwards we will probably get ready for dinner and go out on the town.

Sunday is the Mets game and we head straight home right after that.

Should be a fun trip and I hope to get some sun on this paleness.
  • Yeck. I feel lousy today. My sore throat from Wednesday evolved into a full-blown cold yesterday, and it's taken out my jaw with it (I have TMJ). This morning I have a meeting with my co-PIs (two of the people who have partial ownership over me) to discuss my total failure to produce results because I can't sort out the mass balance. Today sucks already.

I don't really have any strongly defined plans for this weekend. I'm really hoping to get my jaw back under control and sleep. Kick the ever-loving crap out of my cold. See what my uncle says about the house BF and I are considering.
  • everyone has such exciting plans/trips!!

today I get off work at 2:30.  I'm going to rush home, do my work-out with H, shower/clean up, and then get going on the get-together we're hosting tonight.  the house is picked up, but I need to get the food going/chopped and the muffins baked.  I'm going to have H vacuum the house while I do that.  also gotta wipe down all the kitchen counters, set out a bunch of chairs, and have H dust the living area and make sure the bathroom is clean.  everyone will start arriving around 7 or 7:30 so we should be able to do it all, just have to get on it!

tomorrow morning I'm going to go to the grocery store for our weekly stock-up.  it's going to be cool and windy, so I won't be working in the garden just yet...  :(  I'll probably run some errands during the day and at some point do my work-out.  H will use the evening to work on his sermon for Sunday morning, so I'll cook dinner and just do whatever.  next week will be a little hectic, so this quiet time will be nice!!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@KeptInStitches I hope you feel better soon! What an awful sounding day. :(

I have a meeting at 4 today and I hope it gets rescheduled. Who schedules a meeting for 4 on a Friday anyway? Later tonight I'm meeting my BFF/BM for pho at a little Vietnamese restaurant and we're going to have a lady date.

Saturday I'll spend the morning and early afternoon doing stuff around the house. At 4 one of my girlfriends is hosting a "Help her make wedding stuff" at her house so I'm going over to help her out and drink wine and eat pizza. Then another friend is having her birthday party that evening at a pub 40 minutes south of me. I want to go to celebrate her birthday but I hate having to go so far, plus I don't care for some of her friends. They just rub me the wrong way.

I don't have any plans Sunday. FI is on call all week and he's been working every night this week too so I doubt we'll be able to go anywhere or do anything fun outside of the house together. Frozen came in the mail yesterday along with Brave, and Up! so I plan on watching all three movies at some point this weekend. Yay!

• Luckily this week went by so fast.  I am beyond exhausted. My show opens tonight.  I am so excited!!!! I've been dying to play this role for a very long time now.  I also have a show Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.

After the show I'm coming home to sleep a lot. Saturday morning we are going to see the wedding band we had designed. I got a call yesterday saying it was ready. I can't wait to see it!!!! I really hope it's what I am looking for! Then coming home FI is working on the kitchen again and I need to work on invitations. We got one in the mail yesterday for FI's cousin it's in the city the invitations were so nice but it said in an attachment about hotels where the grooms are registered. I hate registry info as part of a wedding invitation.

Sunday I have a matinee performance and then relaxing more invitation work and the Walking Dead.  Also I'm so excited, over the week FI bought an elliptical, exercise bike for us to work out at home.  I'm so excited to be able to work out from home now!!

Anniversary

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited March 2014
    Removed possible Divergent spoilers

• We don't have anything planned this weekend!! We blew thru so much money last weekend celebrating St. Paddy's Day so we're taking it easy. A family friend of FI and his family died and his showing is tonight, so we're going to that right after we got off work this evening.

Friday is usually our date night but since we're going to the showing we are having date night Saturday night.  We're  trying to stay in and not spend much money this weekend so I'll probably make our favorite dinner and have a bottle (or two) of wine and rent a movie. During the day on Saturday I really need to put together our centerpieces so we can hopefully paint them soon :/

Anniversary

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited March 2014
    Removed possible Divergent spoilers

• @TwoDimes - I'm actually going to remove my comments from here and start a spoiler thread. I just realized we might be ruining the movie and/or the books for people. Oopsie!

• Swazzle said:

Tomorrow I have a wax appointment and then I REALLY need to clean. My apartment has also been neglected all week and it's gross. Tomorrow night, we have a Devils game and friends of ours are going with us. There will be copious amounts of beer involved and hopefully a Devils win since we're playing our biggest rival, the Rangers
    Please to cheer at least just one little once for my boy?? PLEASEEEEE??

My sister is coming to visit this weekend!! We'll probably just hang out at home tonight, make dinner, etc. She's really excited to snuggle Violet, so that'll probably happen. 

Tomorrow, she's coming to work with me for a lacrosse game. Luckily they're pretty quick, so she won't have to be too bored. I'll probably put her to work though, because I can, mwahaha. Tomorrow night, we're going to get matching tattoos!! I'm super excited. We're getting the date we met in Roman numerals and then a small anchor, along the top of our shoulders.

II.XIX.MMXI

Sunday, we'll go to breakfast at my favorite diner down the street, and then she'll head home. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited March 2014
    emergency question, y'all:  last night H spilled coffee on my new Fossil purse (a decaf latte).  at the time I thought it was just on the outside and cleaned it up, but I just noticed a huge stain from the inside out on the purse.  CAN I FIX THIS??

ETA:  nothing else on the inside is wet or has coffee stains on it.  I don't know what it is.  it kind of smells like coffee, maybe?  is it ruined forever?
  • My BF & I are hoping to go to a local vineyard tonight with friends. Although he just bought a new truck  (traded two vehicles in on it) so idk if spending money at a vineyard is a good idea right now. He's up in the air about it & I told him I'm fine with just staying home, having a few people over and getting cheap wine. 

Saturday is my dads birthday so hopefully headed up to my parents on Sunday for his birthday dinner. 

Wishing the sun would come out at some point too because my car needs worked on! 

@  twodimes- a hockey game sounds like a good time! 
  • NVM ladies.  called the leather guy (has a leather store, ha!) and he says it's probably ruined but he'll try to lighten it some.  I got it from my grandma for Christmas.  it's totally out of our budget to buy another one, so I am really, really sad about it.
  • @keptinstitches ugh, that stinks about your jaw (and a meeting on top of that?! ugh!)  I hope you're feeling better soon!!

@southernpeach89 don't forget your sunscreen!  It's going to be beautiful this weekend though :)

Today, I'm watching Frozen for the first time.  And maybe the second, depending how much I like it.

Tonight, we're eating chicken and basil dumplings (YUM) and working on centerpieces and ceremony decorations.  And we will probably watch Dallas Buyer's Club (kinda different than Frozen, obviously).

Tomorrow and Sunday, I'm not sure.  It will depend on how my ear is doing.  It's not hurting as much today, but I can't hear out of it much because it's clogged.  I'm on day 3 of medicine, so hopefully I'll be able to hear by the end of the weekend.  If I can hear by Sunday, I want to see Spamalot.  It's a local production, but my band directors are in it and it sounds pretty spectacular.  I can see it next weekend if we don't get to it this weekend :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • I shouldn't be angry at H because it was an accident, but he just isn't very careful.  I'm really sad because this is one of just a couple NICE purses I have.  I've been sooooooo careful with it, to make sure that it doesn't get dirty, and then this happens.  I am a little angry at him but only because I just found out about it.  I'm mostly just really, really sad.
  • It soaked through the liner, and I can't pull it out.
  • @LivLeighton I'm taking it to a leather person.  he has worked miracles on some of my family's stuff before, so I think he's my best bet.  if it won't come out, I'll see if he can stain the whole thing darker.  if not, then H doesn't get his new iPad this year and I get a new purse instead. 
  • ETA:  I can't be too sad about it.  it's just a purse.  I was thinking about how the brother of one of my friends from our Spanish-speaking group starts his trial today.  they are Mexican, and he was at a strip club and was attacked by a gang of Native Americans who are kind of like neo-Nazis.  he got in his truck and tried to get away, but ran over one of the guys and killed him.  the other gang members say that he did it on purpose and ran over him several times.  he's not documented so he'll be deported eventually, but first he has to stand trial.  so, my day could be a lot worse and I need to quit being a whiner.
  • @CocoBellaF - I don't think it's wrong to be upset about your purse. I would be. That is really sad about your friend's brother. 

• First off - I have not read what everybody else is doing (I fail) - as soon as I have some time I'll do that.

My weekend so far:
    Tonight FI has poker.  I would like to work on my 'wedding newsletter' thing - why has none of our family been to Disney and now I have to filter through and plan everybody's vacation?!  I'm also hoping to catch up on some laundry and some TV.  I need to wash Loki up and make him somewhat presentable to the world tonight.

Tomorrow:  Nessie has her annual vet appointment and Loki is getting his nails trimmed.  After that I'm HOPING to go to the Zoo (my Christmas $$ turned into a DSLR which I have not been able to really play with and I really want to try it out and get a feel for it before I sign up for the free 1 hr class). 

Sunday - Nothing is planned that I know of.  Need to talk to FI.  I know we have some shopping to catch up on and I know FI is complaining because it feels like we're always on the go, so we might just get everything done and come home and watch TV/play minecraft.

I really really really need to clean up around my house.  It's been kinda wet outside from snow melting and rain and well... my floors like like they are dirt floors (gross right??) and I just haven't had time to clean up around the house and it's totally been neglected.

Anniversary
  • @CocoBellaF - It's ok to be sad about your purse, my guess is it's not just the purse your sad about it's the sentiment behind the purse as well.  I hope your leather guy can work some magic on it!!  That really stinks about your friend's brother, it's a shame that it's his word against the gang's.

Anniversary
  • @CocoBellaF that's a terrible situation for your friend's brother, I hope the trial goes alright (as much as a trial can). And I did a very dramatic inhale when I read your first purse post; I had a caramel melt to the lining of one of my nice purses and I was PISSED.

To everyone watching Frozen this weekend: ENJOY! I loooove that movie, I watched it again last night with some of the girls from work.

Tonight BF and I are going out for dinner and running some errands at the mall...and then maybe I will try to get him to watch Frozen with me! Tomorrow he has hockey super early, but it means I have a good chunk of time to clean my apartment before we go to his nephew's 1st birthday party. Then Sunday is church x2, having lunch with his family between services and hopefully a nap as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• thanks, y'all.  if we can't fix the purse, then we'll try to stain it.  if that doesn't work, we'll save up for a month or two and buy another.  I just had to be sad about it for a while.

I am not sure if he (my friend's brother) really meant to do it or not.  I know he does have some anger issues, so who knows.  I am just hoping my friend will be OK.  she has really been taking it all very hard.  I hope she and her mom show up tonight to our get-together for some hugs.
  • Thank god it's Friday. This week has been shirt and long all at the same time.

Friday; girls night after work- the office is going to go get some drinks- this is always a good time

Saturday- I'm determined to get up early and go to the gym and the farmers market. I haven't been to the gym since last Monday before I got sick, and I'm feeling fat and icky. So this is necessary. Other than that- we have a bye week in football, so I'm not sure what other plans are.

Sunday- bf will probably either go golfing or go take his gun to the range- or both, who knows. Outside of that, I'm planning on going to the gym in the morning.

This is a very unusual weekend for us. We have a bye week and playoffs start next weekend, so we aren't entirely sure what to do with ourselves. So for the first time in a long time I think it will be a "we are going to wing it" kind of weekend.
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @CocobellaF Honestly, sometimes the things we get the most upset about are really minimal things.

For example, a few days before Christmas, I came home in tears because I got caught in a rainstorm while I was wearing woolen clogs that can get ruined by the rain. They weren't even ruined for sure, but I was so upset and I was crying because I couldn't afford to replace them and they were my favorite shoes. (Spoilers: clogs were fine, am wearing them today, in fact.)

Soooo ... my weekend went from good to shitty very, very quickly. I had set up an experiment on Wednesday night, and had to take my first timepoint on Thursday, and a second one today. I was feeling REALLY good about the experiment, and when the time came to do my timepoint yesterday, I did the first step ... and then 4 hours later, I forgot to do the second step. So at 10pm last night as I was getting ready for bed, it suddenly occurred to me that I hadn't done the second step, rendering the whole timepoint useless.

And since the second timepoint depends ENTIRELY on the first one, I basically ruined the experiment.

So today, I have to split my cells to prepare them to re-seed tomorrow so I can redo the first timepoint on Sunday. Tomorrow, we have cake tastings from 9:00am until 2:30pm (only three of them, but that's how they got scheduled), and we won't be back in the city until about 4:30 or 5. So I'll work from about 6 until 8 or 9, and then come in the next day from about 3 or 4 until 7 or 8.

THANKS, YESTERDAY-ME for fucking up so fucking royally.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira we ran one assay in my lab where you literally were doing the run around like a crazy woman science for oh 5 hours straight. Pretty sure there wasn't even time to run to the bathroom lol. It was chaotic but I was good at it. I only did it once on a weekend though. It was literally a 15 hr day and I'm not that crazy. Hope your time points go well this weekend!!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    @Blue Thanks! Fortunately, my 4 hour runs are like ... "Put chemical on cells ... wait 4 hours ... put second chemical on cells ... profit!" And I just forgot that second frickin step UGHHHHH.

(MTT assays, for those of you in the know.)
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira I'm convinced if I told you the assays I did in my lab you could google me and find me lol. Or at least guess. There were only like 3-4 labs studying our system of proteins :) but we did not do mtt assays. We should have!
  • I'm home for the afternoon. What a tough cold this is. I hope I get better soon. Ah well, time for more tea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards