Moms and Maids
Options

Tailor to make the maid of honors dress - 6ft tall

Hi 

my 4 bridesmaids just got their dresses in and I need to have my maid of honor dress made because she is 6ft tall.  
Anyone knows a great dress maker that can do this in less than 10 weeks?
We are in Stamford/westchester area

Thank you!

Re: Tailor to make the maid of honors dress - 6ft tall

• Options
    VTakemori said:
    Hi 

my 4 bridesmaids just got their dresses in and I need to have my maid of honor dress made because she is 6ft tall.  
    Anyone knows a great dress maker that can do this in less than 10 weeks?
    We are in Stamford/westchester area

Thank you!

You would have better luck posting this on your local boards for the Connecticut area.

Ten weeks is going to be a tight time frame for a dressmaker to make a dress wholesale. 

My SIL is six feet tall, too, and we were able to buy her an off-the-rack dress at Target. Certainly one of the major bridal salons -- DB or AA -- would be able to have a dress for a tall BM. I find it hard to believe you couldn't find one to fit her and you're having to have it made.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    My sister is 6ft and though we did have her dress made, we found loads of off-the-rack dresses that fit her perfectly. So I' in with @HisGirlFriday in saying that its hard to believe that you couldn't find anyway. However, a lot of normally individual dressmakers can make a dress in ten weeks easy. My dress maker starts non-wedding dresses three weeks before the final date, and wedding dresses nine weeks before the final date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards