Snarky Brides
Options

MOH vs Head MOH? wtf...

So my sister is having her wedding in a few months.  For the past year and a half i was the only one in her bridal party as her MOH.  Now as of 2 months before the wedding I have been informed that there are 6 other "bridesmaids" that have been added.  Only one of the six girls is listed on her website as HEAD bridesmaid.  WTF I am her MOH and have been this entire time.  This makes me feel like she never wanted me to actually be her MOH but she really wanted her friend who she considers her best friend.  If there were the case I would have wanted to know upfront and not just have been given the title "because it was the right thing to do".  Her shower is 1 WEEK away and these girls have not done one thing for the shower, bachelorette party or wedding (which they are not even attending because it is a destination wedding, but will be having a second wedding 1 month later and they will wear longer versions of my MOH dress).  I am truly fine with her having bridesmaids I am not find with one of them being called Head bridesmaid and finding out 1 week before her shower.  People do not just get titles of bridesmaids they have to actually perform a role in order to have that title I just do not get it! Am i over-reacting? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MOH vs Head MOH? wtf...

• Options

So my sister is having her wedding in a few months.  For the past year and a half i was the only one in her bridal party as her MOH.  Now as of 2 months before the wedding I have been informed that there are 6 other "bridesmaids" that have been added.  Only one of the six girls is listed on her website as HEAD bridesmaid.  WTF I am her MOH and have been this entire time.  This makes me feel like she never wanted me to actually be her MOH but she really wanted her friend who she considers her best friend.  If there were the case I would have wanted to know upfront and not just have been given the title "because it was the right thing to do".  Her shower is 1 WEEK away and these girls have not done one thing for the shower, bachelorette party or wedding (which they are not even attending because it is a destination wedding, but will be having a second wedding 1 month later and they will wear longer versions of my MOH dress).  I am truly fine with her having bridesmaids I am not find with one of them being called Head bridesmaid and finding out 1 week before her shower.  People do not just get titles of bridesmaids they have to actually perform a role in order to have that title I just do not get it! Am i over-reacting? 

Your sister should have told you that you were co MoH as opposed to not letting you know.

The only responsibilities of BMs is wearing a dress the bride approves up and showing up sober.

Your sister seems a bit thoughtless when it comes to others. I doubt its personal, try not to let it bother you too much, but I understand your frustration.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Wait..so these "Bridesmaids" are for her fake wedding? At least you are going to be in the real one.. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I think you are somewhat overreacting. The only "role" is standing up at the ceremony in the dress that the bride picked. These bridesmaids don't have to have any role in the shower or bachelorette party.

I'm not even going to touch the fake wedding part.

• Options
    You're over-reacting to a perceived slight for a made-up title.

The only thing any WP members have to do is buy the right attire and show up on time.

Your sister was rude for naming someone a 'head MOH' but given her fake re-do wedding, clearly manners aren't your sister's forte anyway.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Totally overreacting. You should be happily and generously planning these things because she's your sister and you want to do these things for her, not because of some arbitrary title. They're not requirements, MOH or otherwise. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards