Wisconsin

Hotel Blocks in Milwaukee

Has anyone had any great experiences with setting up a hotel block in downtown Milwaukee? Do you mind sharing what hotel you were working with? Also, should the couple be providing a shuttle bus to shuttle guests to and from the reception if it's not being hosted at the hotel? Just looking for some advice. Thanks!

Re: Hotel Blocks in Milwaukee

• Has anyone had any great experiences with setting up a hotel block in downtown Milwaukee? Do you mind sharing what hotel you were working with? Also, should the couple be providing a shuttle bus to shuttle guests to and from the reception if it's not being hosted at the hotel? Just looking for some advice. Thanks!
    @mschaefer10

I haven't had any experiences with Milwaukee hotels when it comes to blocking rooms. We're getting married in Racine and we're NOT providing a shuttle because there are a lot of hotels near the reception venue but we ARE going to have a cute sign by the bar with the numbers of 2 different taxi services the guests can call if they need to / want to.
  • Pfister was right around $130/night. I don't know if it offered a shuttle. The Hilton City Center was around $115 I think and I was pretty sure that they offered a shuttle. I've stayed at nearly every nice hotel in downtown and Hotel Metro, Aloft, and Brewery were my favorites. Pfister was nicer than Hilton, but doubletree was pretty good too. 
  • Our block is through the Mariott Courtyard at Grand Ave Mall.  They were a great help.  Rooms rates are somewhere around $125/night in June so that's great.  They provided us transportation free of charge and done through third party so the transport is solely for our guests and we don't have to share hotel vans with other parties.  They also are providing us with a suite for the wedding night.  Great service....  We go through the Mariott Sales office in Chicago so they could probably help you with any of their hotels downtown.

You never have to provide a shuttle for your guests.  It was necessary for me knowing most my guests will be drinking alot I really don't want anyone to drive afterwards.  We've even strongly encouraged locals to stay or we would help them setup cars for afterwards.  It came down to a matter of safety for me, I didn't want anyone drinking and driving.

We inquired with the new Hilton Garden Inn and they were not very nice or helpful at all.  Working within the Hilon brand (and sharing a district manager with this hotel) my parents were kind of disgusted with what they were trying to get us to pay in a room block.

When is your wedding?  I will say setup a block early downtown.  We setup our block about this time last year for our wedding in June.  At that time three major hotels downtown were already full to the point they weren't accepting blocks anymore.   

• We went with the Hampton Inn and Brewhouse Inn and Suites (since our reception is at Pabst). Hampton was $129 and Brewhouse was $169. Our wedding is in October and I've heard our hotels already have multiple weddings and room blocks so book ahead! I booked a year in advance and apparently, I was not out of line.
  • I used http://jcroomblocks.com/ to block my hotel rooms. They contact different hotels and will give you the information and make a decision. Best part is that it's free to you. They are technically travel agents so they make commission from the hotel. They were super sweet! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards