Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bach Invite Question

My sister is planning a bachelorette party for me. I have a small bridal party consisting of my closest friends, all of whom live far away from me. My ideal night is to be able to spend the maximum amount of time with each of them, so I asked her to limit the guest list to bridal party only. She's planning the party in City A.

The issue: I have a friend, who is invited to the wedding, but not bridal party, who happens to live in City A. This friend was invited to my shower (although she couldn't make it) and I would definitely want to include her bc 1) I genuinely love her and 2) I don't want her to feel snubbed bc I was in City A and didn't get in touch with her. BUT I'm worried that this is rude to others who were invited to the shower, but aren't being invited to this bach party. Can I invite this friend? Or will opening it up to people who aren't in the bridal party make other friends who were invited to the shower and not the bach take this as a snub bc they were only invited to the "gift giving" event and not the "fun" one?

Or am I making this into a much bigger deal than it needs to be? Yikes!

Help! Thanks :)

Re: Bach Invite Question

• Options
    Not everyone invited to a shower gets invited to the bachelorette party. The bachelorette party is for the girls the bride likes to go out and socialize and hang out with. Put this friend on the guest list if you want her there. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

Can you talk to your Bridal Party & ask them if they would prefer this to remain a bridal party night out or if they would mind if you invited 1-2 friends. Worse case scenerio can you make plans to meet up with friend the next morning for breakfast, just the two of you?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards