Wedding Invitations & Paper

deleted

lbwwestlbwwest newb
content deleted by poster

Re: deleted

• Either they did not receive proper instruction when ordering the invitations, or they did not do their research correctly.  Your sons last name should be on the invitation.  
  • lbwwest, it is really rude to delete a post.  Your question was beyond benign, and there was no reason to delete it.  
  • What?  Did I miss something?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    What?  Did I miss something?
    MOG saw the invites and expressed concern to son and FDIL that the groom's name was not on the invitation. The couple got upset because the invitations were already printed. MOG offered to pay for new ones, but couple declined and said they would reprint them, but they are upset with her. 

It was a really random post to delete especially since the OP was correct that the groom's last name should have been on the invite. Maybe she was concerned the bride was on here and would see it.
  • CMGragain said:
    MOG saw the invites and expressed concern to son and FDIL that the groom's name was not on the invitation. The couple got upset because the invitations were already printed. MOG offered to pay for new ones, but couple declined and said they would reprint them, but they are upset with her. 

It was a really random post to delete especially since the OP was correct that the groom's last name should have been on the invite. Maybe she was concerned the bride was on here and would see it.
    To clarify, the groom's first and middle names were on the invitation.  His last name was omitted.  The invitation read as if siblings were getting married.

Mr. and Mrs. Deleted
    Request the honour of your presence
    at the marriage of their daughter
    Deleter Debbie
    to 
    James Edward
  • This is the most random DD ever. What the what??

Although, funny story: My mother made my brother and SIL re-print their invitations because their initial ones did not include the time or location of their wedding. It said:

Together with their families,

SIL Surname
    and 
    Brother Surname

request the pleasure of your company at their wedding
    date

That was it. 

Mama HisGirl, who had offered to proof the invitations, was not happy, and let it be known that no, they could not just 'stick a post-it-note' on the invites when they mailed them out. 

After some struggle, they did reprint them, including listing useful things like TIME, and LOCATION, and ADDRESS. 

My brother, he is not the organised child in my family.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • CMGragain said:

This is what I assumed as well.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Well, then, the bride should know that FMIL is correct.  The Groom's Full Name MUST appear on the wedding invitation.  Ridiculous!  How else is anyone going to know who she is marrying?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • @mobkaz - thanks for clearing that up for me. I didn't realize I just put groom's name in my post and didn't put last. Oops!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards