Not Engaged Yet

Songs

ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
edited March 2014 in Not Engaged Yet
I'm struggling with choosing a processional song for the bridesmaids/mothers to walk out to. We have every other song  chosen but that one and I need to come up with something soon so I can let our violinist know.  Our violinist gave me a few options that he normally uses in weddings but I didnt like any of them. I can't even remember what they were but they were a little too classical for me. What songs did you ladies use or what will you use?  I'm walking out to Pachelbel's Canon in D so I would like something that can flow easily into that. I'm clueless. HELP ME.
Anniversary

Re: Songs

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I am having the opposite problem! We can't figure out a recessional song. J is being extra picky about it. His brother and sister-in-law used I've Just Seen a Face for theirs, and he wants something pretty much exactly like that. Of course, the only suggestion he's made is Life's a Happy Song from the Muppets, and I don't want that, and he's shot down every suggestion I've made. GOING NUTS HERE.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira we are using Learn Me Right from Disney's Brave as our recessional song and I AM SO EXCITED. FI actually picked it out. I love it.
    Anniversary

• My bridesmaids are walking down the aisle to Canon in D.  I am walking down the aisle to the processional from The Sound of Music. 

Trumpet Voluntary was a real pretty, I don't know how it will flow. 

Anniversary

• My bridesmaids walked down the aisle to "If I Should Fall Behind" by Bruce Springsteen and I walked down the aisle to "Songbird" by Fleetwood Mac. 

I actually just had to watch the beginning of my wedding video to remember what song my BMs walked to hahaha

• Swazzle said:
    My bridesmaids walked down the aisle to "If I Should Fall Behind" by Bruce Springsteen and I walked down the aisle to "Songbird" by Fleetwood Mac. 

I actually just had to watch the beginning of my wedding video to remember what song my BMs walked to hahaha
    I loved & adored everything about your wedding music. I'm a huge proponent of non-traditional music. 

So, I'll be coming to @swazzle to help me pick mine. SOON. :)
    And I thank you, kind lady, for helping me when I was choosing!

• Swazzle said:
    My bridesmaids walked down the aisle to "If I Should Fall Behind" by Bruce Springsteen and I walked down the aisle to "Songbird" by Fleetwood Mac. 

Looooooove this song and seriously contemplating it for my walk!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • labrolabro member

@severmilli Here are some traditional processional songs that might work since you're going with Pachabel for your entrance. My BFF walked out to the same song...and I think we did too as the bridal party. Personally, I'm not a fan of the traditional music so I'm going with something that's a little off the wall, but I can promise that the below songs should flow well for what you're going for!

Bach, Johann Sebastian:

Bach, Johann Sebastian /Charles Gounod:

Beethoven, Ludwig van:

Franck, Cesar:

Handel, George Frideric:

Tradtional

• labrolabro member
    ETA: Ugh I don't know why TK won't let me edit sometimes. ANYWAY...that suggested songs list came from the string trio I'm using for our ceremony and outdoor cocktail hour music.

• @Niccirf - I can't listen to it without getting choked up. It was really perfect for me to walk to :)

• My bridesmaids are going to canon in D

I'm going to trumpet voluntary (prince of denmark's march) - this might be weird on a violin - it's really a brass piece

Our recessional is "once in a lifetime" by keith urban (we just CAN'T dance to it for our first dance, so it got recessional)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • I had a good friend walk down the aisle to the Married Life from the movie UP

Anniversary

• I doubt any of ours will work because we were not looking for traditional. The boys walked down the hill to somewhere over the rainbow - the IZ version, the girls walked down to Wonderful tonight (Eric Clapton) - Vitamin Street Quartet version and I was totally original (lol) and walked to Marry Me. I just love the haunting melody. We amped it up for the recessional and walked out to Hey Ho - Lumineers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • MoiramabMoiramab member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2014

I'm not sure if it'll work because it's only a violinist (it sounds like?), but I always liked the idea of one of Vivaldi's seasons, obviously matching to the season you're getting married during.

Or not because any of them could work haha

ETA: late post is late.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards